Check your account email address ×

Oil Shootout: Zambroski vs. Sam Walton

I used Citco sea and snow or Phillips injex. Both petroleum base. I never had an issue. I’ve had a Stihl 026 chainsaw that’s been modified. I’ve always used Red Line kart oil in it since new. The saw is now 21 years old and still runs strong. The piston top is clean. 

It is a bad test really as Amsoil make a two stroke oil specifically for air cooled 2 strokes called Sabre. Dominator is basically a racing oil which means it is not suited for the motor he tested it on. The real problem is that most of the mineral oils leave behind hard coke on the ring lands which is what ends up killing them. Most syn oils don't make hard coke which along with higher lubricity and temperature stability make them far superior over time.

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I used Citco sea and snow or Phillips injex. Both petroleum base. I never had an issue. I’ve had a Stihl 026 chainsaw that’s been modified. I’ve always used Red Line kart oil in it since new. The saw is now 21 years old and still runs strong. The piston top is clean. 

:lies:

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is a bad test really as Amsoil make a two stroke oil specifically for air cooled 2 strokes called Sabre. Dominator is basically a racing oil which means it is not suited for the motor he tested it on. The real problem is that most of the mineral oils leave behind hard coke on the ring lands which is what ends up killing them. Most syn oils don't make hard coke which along with higher lubricity and temperature stability make them far superior over time.

Also, he used the dominator oil from Amsoil.  He should have used the interceptor to make it a bit better comparison.  Dominator is designed for hotter burning engines. Plus, no power valves on those generators.  

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

They are not really a competing product, just shows the different properties of oils for two vastly different applications.

It’s a decent video though.  He did a good job.  Especially speeding it all up.