Check your account email address ×

In the end we all end up paying for the riots.

• Platinum Contributing Member

In increased insurance rates.  Hope the fuck they skyrocket in big cities.  :bc:

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

In increased insurance rates.  Hope the fuck they skyrocket in big cities.  :bc:

I was about to say......rural areas won’t be affected.  Cities will take a beating on premiums, not only private but public, and taxes will have to cover increased premiums and costs.

”Muh....white flight ruins inner cities!!!”

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I was about to say......rural areas won’t be affected.  Cities will take a beating on premiums, not only private but public, and taxes will have to cover increased premiums and costs.

”Muh....white flight ruins inner cities!!!”

Insurance is a risk pool, everyones rates will go up. My broker is like one of the biggest ballers I know and one of my buds started his own insurance carrier years ago and is living like a fucking Kardashian now. If I had a time machine... 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Insurance is a risk pool, everyones rates will go up. My broker is like one of the biggest ballers I know and one of my buds started his own insurance carrier years ago and is living like a fucking Kardashian now. If I had a time machine... 

Well, that’s true.  What I meant was, rural areas won’t be affected that much.  However, Chicago, like the rest of the big city shitholes, has tapped all it’s local sources to a breaking point, that’s why the state is being forced to pony up.  It’s also why the state is one of a few in America where the population is declining.  Ironically, my small area is similar here.  The tax swath runS all the way to Canada to pay for Duluth and a poorly run government.  Population fleeing here also.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

every one will but it also goes on your zip . and yeah the old insurace guys are rolling in it

Business' should file a class action lawsuit against the cities who refused to do their job and protect their property. 

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Don't we all pay taxes for this?

In the city/state you live in but maybe the local cities would be more responsible instead of all of us getting on the hook for increased insurance rates.   No riots in my small town.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

In the city/state you live in but maybe the local cities would be more responsible instead of all of us getting on the hook for increased insurance rates.   No riots in my small town.

I understand.

COVID showing businesses how many people can work from home + higher insurance costs from riots

Lots of commercial property for sale in the next year?

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

More evidence that white people care more about property and material things than they do about life.

These last few months have proven that more than any time I can remember. 

A lot of truth to that. Unless I was well armed and had some back up, the store would’ve be theirs. Dumb, irrational move. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

More evidence that white people care more about property and material things than they do about life.

These last few months have proven that more than any time I can remember. 

People can do both, I've seen people do both. It's not as bad as you think.

12 minutes ago, SSFB said:

COVID showing businesses how many people can work from home + higher insurance costs from riots

Lots of commercial property for sale in the next year?

Yep, maybe demand will go down for public transportation etc as well.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, maybe demand will go down for public transportation etc as well.

And if people can work from home they can work from anywhere which means not being tied to living in the city. Could be some interesting transformations in America in the next 20 years. Technology could actually bring rural America back to life.