Check your account email address ×

The biggest bubble in stock market history

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Sitting at a worn-out computer table, next to my worn-out couch, looking up my Fidelity portfolio for the day. 

Should have had a good day, market was up around 700 points.

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Sitting at a worn-out computer table, next to my worn-out couch, looking up my Fidelity portfolio for the day. 

My Danoff fund is up about 5 % YTD and just shy of a new maximum max.  

Overall down about 5% YTD.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its pretty interesting to see what equities and funds are performing in this market.  Several are near their all time highs.  :bc: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Its pretty interesting to see what equities and funds are performing in this market.  Several are near their all time highs.  :bc: 

It certainly is.  My best performer is also the most volatile, up almost 15%, also Fidelity.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

untill you get them paid for sure . but your kids will never have to do much more than a few showings and pick up the phone to call the service guys  and spend there piles of money 

That was the plan. Tenant quality has been the big issue. Move in,  stop paying rent, trash the place, spend $1k to evict, spend $3k to refurbish, rinse and repeat.

4 minutes ago, s pump said:

That was the plan. Tenant quality has been the big issue. Move in,  stop paying rent, trash the place, spend $1k to evict, spend $3k to refurbish, rinse and repeat.

Holy shit, that's exactly what happened to almost everybody I know that rents. They all had the same nightmare. I told them all to sell their places, never rent. They still rent them. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Should have had a good day, market was up around 700 points.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Actually the market really is for big guys. Lightweights can't take the pressure of the ups and downs.   :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Actually the market really is for big guys. Lightweights can't take the pressure of the ups and downs.   :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You fucking cry every day like a little bitch

Youre the dumbest welcher here and you have a short little dick

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You fucking cry every day like a little bitch

Youre the dumbest welcher here and you have a short little dick

How did you know I had a short little dick!!! 

Where were you when you saw my dick?

Why were you looking at my dick?

How close to my dick was your face, when you saw my dick?????  answer this Benny!!

21 minutes ago, s pump said:

I'll stick to REITs and let someone else so that.

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Everybody has their own risk tolerance level.  But it comes down to picking quality out of everything out there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

How close to my dick was your face, when you saw my dick?????  answer this Benny!!

Ben's a peeper.  :lol:

Better close your curtains.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Everybody has their own risk tolerance level.  But it comes down to picking quality out of everything out there.

I think a person has to have enough in the market, so when they're losing they don't care. If you have enough, you can ride out the storm.

Guys like Benny probably have like 50Gs in it, so when he loses 25, he goes crazy. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, s pump said:

are you in lower end of town? 

usually only issue I have had is with kids but now if no rent history I won't rent to them with out mom or dad on the contract. 

credit and rental history crimanal history mandatory no felons and no domestics . 

I have had the occasional pos but if you do a credit check and charge for first last and security do regular "maint checks " not to bad to keep a handle on it . 

I had a 3plex for yrs in a shitty part of mpls I literally rented the whole thing  to crack dealers for cash  in the early 90s was my worst property ever . I dumped it and never looked in the hood again until about 5 yrs,ago .

there is a part of Minneapolis that some big players  started quietly buying up everything they could so I got a property around there but have had good luck with it so far . I know a lot of the property's around me are owned by said big players . going to hold out as long as  poss  

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

did you type that out as you were jerking it 

19 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

So invest in more conservative investments like bonds or CDs.  You won't earn as much, but you won't get the volatility either.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

did you type that out as you were jerking it 

Why would I do that, ya' fukkin homo??? 

How much do you make a year as a slumlord? 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So invest in more conservative investments like bonds or CDs.  You won't earn as much, but you won't get the volatility either.

I just let the account fester. I don't do anything but withdraw from the cash occasionally. Also those MRDs. 

32 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why would I do that, ya' fukkin homo??? 

How much do you make a year as a slumlord? 

I just let the account fester. I don't do anything but withdraw from the cash occasionally. Also those MRDs. 

RMD's.  And you can skip them in 2020, for most types of accounts.  

32 minutes ago, s pump said:

That is a bummer deal.  How do your screening process?  It can be a nightmare with a bad tenant.

I reluctantly listened to the wife when she wanted to get out of the market and start buying properties. I tried to explain how much work it takes.  Not just the buildings, but also the people.  She was a big fan of the idea of income for retirement.  We did a big conversion over the past couple of years.  I was fine with buying stuff that needed work if the buildings had good bones.  I like doing the fixing and refurbing.  I also manage the trades with their work.  I wasn't a big fan of dealing with all the compliance paperwork.  She is good at that side of things.  We work as a team on the tenant screening process.

It hasn't always been perfect.  We have kindly let some "leave" before their lease ended.  It isn't always easy as a short term decision.  We try to look at the long term relationship.  We had a tenant pass away recently.  Single mom with youngest at four years old.  My wife helped the kids through the legal process of staying together as a family unit.  (It isn't super simple to get a death certificate with all this crap going on right now.)  The rest of the process also takes some legal wrangling.  They are good people going through tough times.  Do we need to help them?  Simple answer is no.  But, they take care of their home and pay their bills.

We also bought one property that needed everyone gone.  It took a little time and I ended up doing a lot of doors etc. after it was cleared.  The property was priced at a discount because of the tenants.  Good building, good location, and bad tenants.

I do agree that rentals can be a lot of work.  Work that doesn't have a schedule or job description. 

BTW, I have been in tons and tons of rental properties.  It is sad how some of these owners treat tenants.  The only things that ever get fixed are compliance issues.  Those owners make it tough for the legitimate owners.

5 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That is a bummer deal.  How do your screening process?  It can be a nightmare with a bad tenant.

I reluctantly listened to the wife when she wanted to get out of the market and start buying properties. I tried to explain how much work it takes.  Not just the buildings, but also the people.  She was a big fan of the idea of income for retirement.  We did a big conversion over the past couple of years.  I was fine with buying stuff that needed work if the buildings had good bones.  I like doing the fixing and refurbing.  I also manage the trades with their work.  I wasn't a big fan of dealing with all the compliance paperwork.  She is good at that side of things.  We work as a team on the tenant screening process.

It hasn't always been perfect.  We have kindly let some "leave" before their lease ended.  It isn't always easy as a short term decision.  We try to look at the long term relationship.  We had a tenant pass away recently.  Single mom with youngest at four years old.  My wife helped the kids through the legal process of staying together as a family unit.  (It isn't super simple to get a death certificate with all this crap going on right now.)  The rest of the process also takes some legal wrangling.  They are good people going through tough times.  Do we need to help them?  Simple answer is no.  But, they take care of their home and pay their bills.

We also bought one property that needed everyone gone.  It took a little time and I ended up doing a lot of doors etc. after it was cleared.  The property was priced at a discount because of the tenants.  Good building, good location, and bad tenants.

I do agree that rentals can be a lot of work.  Work that doesn't have a schedule or job description. 

BTW, I have been in tons and tons of rental properties.  It is sad how some of these owners treat tenants.  The only things that ever get fixed are compliance issues.  Those owners make it tough for the legitimate owners.

Screening?  Its better now that we hire it out.  Neither of us have the time to schedule showings, do the back ground checks etc., and as a result we probably rented to a few that we shouldn't have, and units stayed empty for a lot longer than they should.  Now we give a realtor half first months rent to do it and have been getting much better results.  We have 31 units, so it gets time consuming when we both work other jobs full time.  And there have been times when we've saved money on lawyers just pretending to be a fucking lunatic.  They leave because they're scared  :lol:  When everything is firing on all cylinders, full occupancy, everyone's paying, the money is really good.  When I get ready to retire though, I'm probably gonna want it all gone.  I'll build a cash flow with an annuity and some good div stocks, and SS.

• Like 1

In most cases, there are many reasons, why renters, are renters. Most of them cann,t seem to keep a decent job, or manage money, and certainly don,t have the willpower to save enough for a decent down payment. One thing they are great at, is being a pain in the ass and knowing how to keep delaying from getting kicked out of the current place they are in.