Check your account email address ×

Did you guys forget the name of this site??

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ford_428cj said:

You the gossip queen of Charlevoix now? Yes people do rake leaves up there. They come up to stay in their places to quarantine up there. You're just jealous & want them miserable like you...

Small town and for the 10000 time they are not quarantining or self isolating and I work for these people...they are not the type that rake their own leaves.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Small town and for the 10000 time they are not quarantining or self isolating and I work for these people...they are not the type that rake their own leaves.

Well what are they doing - going for a bike ride around the lake?

Some do some don't - same anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Old ladies & snacks ..."keep those people away from the nice lakefront homes they own"...:mc:

A lot of people concerned...I have an 85 year old MIL and I have a lot of friends with elderly parents. 

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if i remember right thats why it was on the back of the truck,  the adjuster must not lock up right because it's a constant fight.   I have to say I've had that since 03 or 04 when i had to buy it up at camp to cut back some white birches that got weighed down by snow and it still starts easily and outside a couple chains maint free

I  remember that saw. You brought it out to help clean up the trails right after you bought it.  

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A lot of people concerned...I have an 85 year old MIL and I have a lot of friends with elderly parents. 

Same everywhere in that aspect. 

As long as those people follow the rules at their Vac homes - I see no problem with it. 

11 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

NO, NO, NO!!! Your rights end, where my safety begins. 

People that run to their vacation houses are transmitting DEADLY DISEASE to innocent people!!!

That's not right!!!

You wanna' live in the city, make big bucks, and show off, then fukkin die in that city!!!!

Leave the innocent people alone up country. 

This is the reason they don't want people travelling, the idea is contain the virus and not spread it to different locales.

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You’re as dumb as they come

He actually spot on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Snake said:

Have Wollard tighten up that fucking chain.

That fucking quick adjust  lever is now in the trash.  That silly tip to replace it with a thick washer and a nut was perfect.  Had a nice grade 8 aircraft and steel washer nut in stock in my bolt drawer.  Not sure why it never dawned on me, probably cuz I haven't used the thing for a couple years.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

As long as those people follow the rules at their Vac homes - I see no problem with it. 

Had this discussion yesterday, about going north to retrieve our sleds and gear at camp,  Some people were getting freaked out because there is a large elderly population and they don't want to get exposed.  they were freaked out because some down staters showed up to ride because of the recent snow storm.  I get that, but bro and I were talking about stopping only once for gas on the way back, no interaction, going into stores, disinfectant wipes, etc..  We wouldn't be an issue.  Compare that with some others,  who probably don't give a shit, may have traveled somewhere and picked it up, etc..  They could even be locals.  If people who own those homes practice that basic respect and safe precaution, I don't see a problem either.    But surely others do.

• Like 1

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

This is the reason they don't want people travelling, the idea is contain the virus and not spread it to different locales.

He actually spot on.

One of many reasons I don’t go up to my place. My area is loaded with older people. They always  stop by and want to chew the fat when they see my car in the driveway. Not much to do up there during mud season. The restaurants and bars being closed makes it even worse. I rarely go up there this time a year with out the Kung Flu.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You keep saying that and I told you that many aren't but you're a rockhead. 

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He actually spot on.

Pretty simple concept yet it escapes so many...I have zero issue with second home owners as I work for many of them but you have to remember that are healthcare and medical services are limited compared to downstate and it wouldn't take much to push the system beyond capacity. If I'm not mistaken half of the EMTs in Otsego County (Gaylord) are infected and one has passed away...we have a very good EMT  system here but it wouldn't take much to cripple it...jus sayin.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pretty simple concept yet it escapes so many...I have zero issue with second home owners as I work for many of them.

I have a co worker that is at his place in Mi. They brought everything they need to stay at their place. They are even wiping down the gas pump before and after they use it. I don’t see a problem when people use common sense when going to there place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have a co worker that is at his place in Mi. They brought everything they need to stay at their place. They are even wiping down the gas pump before and after they use it. I don’t see a problem when people use common sense when going to there place. 

I agree 100% 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

28 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He actually spot on.

Look at the flight tracker across the US...runnIng non stop. Europe is hardly any flights.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Had this discussion yesterday, about going north to retrieve our sleds and gear at camp,  Some people were getting freaked out because there is a large elderly population and they don't want to get exposed.  they were freaked out because some down staters showed up to ride because of the recent snow storm.  I get that, but bro and I were talking about stopping only once for gas on the way back, no interaction, going into stores, disinfectant wipes, etc..  We wouldn't be an issue.  Compare that with some others,  who probably don't give a shit, may have traveled somewhere and picked it up, etc..  They could even be locals.  If people who own those homes practice that basic respect and safe precaution, I don't see a problem either.    But surely others do.

Concur...

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You keep saying that and I told you that many aren't but you're a rockhead. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree 100% 

Holy fuckin flip flop ... :snack:

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He actually spot on.

We are delaying the inevitable. This isn’t going away. We would’ve been better off letting the masses get it like H1N1. You only quarantine people who are sick. Locking up healthy people is assine. Why do you  Thank the vast majority of people have minor symptoms. Why do you think 99% of the people in the world that get it recover. The people who are dying have a compromised immune system. Those people were susceptible to the flu or pneumonia as well and if they got either of those they would’ve passed. There have been hundreds of viruses over the years that have killed millions of people you can’t stop that from happening. Acting like closing down the country is going to stop people from dying is just crazy

The only people I would’ve understood locking down or people who were vulnerable not completely healthy people

Edited by jtssrx

My neighbor came up from southern VT to pickup the sleds and finish up a few things before he goes back to work. Normally we would have him over for dinner.  I did get to chat with him a bit outside yesterday for a few minutes. He brought everything with him and doesn't plan on going in to any stores or friends while he is up. He even has a Jerry can of fuel just in case he needs gas before getting back home. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

We are delaying the inevitable. This isn’t going away. We would’ve been better off letting the masses get it like H1N1. You only quarantine people who are sick. Locking up healthy people is assine. Why do you  Thank the vast majority of people have minor symptoms. Why do you think 99% of the people in the world that get it recover. The people who are dying have a compromised immune system. Those people were susceptible to the flu or pneumonia as well and if they got either of those they would’ve passed. There have been hundreds of viruses over the years that have killed millions of people you can’t stop that from happening. Acting like closing down the country is going to stop people from dying is just crazy

The only people I would’ve understood locking down or people who were vulnerable not completely healthy people

You should go to the airport and fly somewhere. Let’s see you show the man. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Look at the flight tracker across the US...runnIng non stop. Europe is hardly any flights.

Concur...

Holy fuckin flip flop ... :snack:

This shit would be easier if you paid attention...Tick is talking about people stocking up and laying low at their second home..I was talking about those that don't do that.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pretty simple concept yet it escapes so many...I have zero issue with second home owners as I work for many of them but you have to remember that are healthcare and medical services are limited compared to downstate and it wouldn't take much to push the system beyond capacity. If I'm not mistaken half of the EMTs in Otsego County (Gaylord) are infected and one has passed away...we have a very good EMT  system here but it wouldn't take much to cripple it...jus sayin.

That's it in a nutshell Jim, anyone with half a brain should realize it won't take much to absoluetly crush rural healthcare.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The problem is the dumbfucks who don't use common sense, let's be honest and think about how many dumbmother fuckers ride on the wrong side of the trail.... common sense.

• Like 3

this is all true first we have dad he owns a health insurance co his son lives in nyc with his girlfriend they want out a place to hide. so dads lakefront home it is in me. on the way up they dont feel well call dad he says go to x to get tested. both come back positive. they continue on to dads camp. on this lake there are driveways that are never plowed there are now and 3 cars in every one. outa state plates. the city boys like to brag about how great it is  good stay there

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You think they’re going to live forever?

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

You think they’re going to live forever?

It’s funny you say that. We brought a bunch of food over to my in-laws last weekend. We don’t want them going out in this. Didn’t want to go inside and expose them. My 84 year old wasn’t home when we got there. He was returning something to Wallmart and picking up vegetable plants at HD. We can’t keep that pig headed old man from doing his normal thing. The Wallmart he went to has had two employees die of the rona. My wife was like wtf? The old man is going to get me sick.