Check your account email address ×

Fed unveils additional 2.3 trillion in QE

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wonder if there is going to be a bunch of back lash against the companies getting bailed out like there was when Obama did it? 

those who supported obamas bailouts will hate this one and vice versa.  Partisan politics will continue to be the norm

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

those who supported obamas bailouts will hate this one and vice versa.  Partisan politics will continue to be the norm

I think there’s still a group that hates the bailouts no matter who’s side they are on.  But, it’s shrinking and insignificant anymore.  There is no room for moderates today.

DC is smarter than all of us.

Funny how that shit works. The original tea party I think was based on some genuine ideals but they were quickly hijacked by the neocons. They don't want real conservatives infiltrating their party. 

Something the democrats still haven't been able to figure out with their growing progressive movement. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think there’s still a group that hates the bailouts no matter who’s side they are on.  But, it’s shrinking and insignificant anymore.  There is no room for moderates today.

DC is smarter than all of us.

Looks like just Ben so far. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Looks like just Ben so far. 

I support both being necessary but both were rushed through with lots of unintended consequences.  Obamas was prob better drafted this one was really rushed through with little thought.  

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I support both being necessary but both were rushed through with lots of unintended consequences.  Obamas was prob better drafted this one was really rushed through with little thought.  

and in reality between the two this one was less urgent 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I support both but both were rushed through with lots of unintended consequences.  Obamas was prob better drafted this one was really rushed through with little thought.  

Republicans acted all conservative when Obama did it because they knew there would be a strong growth spurt from it and it would reflect favorably upon Obama and democrats. And after the entire world collapsed under the Bush admin they couldnt have that. Thats why they increased spending when Trump took over, the economy took off. Now Trump looks like this "saviour" who rescued us from the evil genius Obama. But now, things are kinda repeating themselves. 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

and in reality between the two this one was less urgent 

Maybe but, this would have become just as urgent if we waited a bit.  Our retard just extended the stay at home/mandatory business shut down order so....

Meh, total fuckery and again, “too big to fail” will win the brunt of the cash to buy up more businesses that can’t step up to the fed feeding trough.  Then, they will continue to recklessly mismanage these additions also.  Bailout every ten!

This is in danger of becoming a bad pattern.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Maybe but, this would have become just as urgent if we waited a bit.  Our retard just extended the stay at home/mandatory business shut down order so....

Meh, total fuckery and again, “too big to fail” will win the brunt of the cash to buy up more businesses that can’t step up to the fed feeding trough.  Then, they will continue to recklessly mismanage these additions also.  Bailout every ten!

definitely true in my business, Fannie Freddie yesterday told all of us in my industry to fuck off .  Fucking government tells us we have to let people regardless of need not pay yet we now can't sell loans to servicers because no one wants loans of non payers.  So the only ones who can afford this will run to the fed window and the non banks will die off.  We are just hoping a big domino falls soon that shakes up the attitude from the FHFA

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

just saying we had more time to act this time around. 

definitely true in my business, Fannie Freddie yesterday told all of us in my industry to fuck off .  Fucking government tells us we have to let people regardless of need not pay yet we now can't sell loans to servicers because no one wants loans of non payers.  So the only ones who can afford this will run to the fed window and the non banks will die off.  We are just hoping a big domino falls soon that shakes up the attitude from the FHFA

Another housing crash is in the works. I expect the airbnb's to set it off in the fall. You guys arent supposed to sell "non prime" loans anymore anyway. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

How this is being handled is beyond ridiculous.   That being said in 2008 most that were bailed out contributed to the financial collapse.   This isn't remotely like that.  

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

Another housing crash is in the works. I expect the airbnb's to set it off in the fall. You guys arent supposed to sell "non prime" loans anymore anyway. 

Fannie freddie and ginnie are all "prime" loans.  We haven't done a non prime loan in a decade plus.  there is no solid market for any of the loans when even borrowers who are working and have equity can decide to call their servicer and say the magic code word Covid 19.  At that point the servicer has to let them defer payments even if it makes zero sense for them to do because they can afford it.  then 90-120 days later they are going to owe 4 payments and most won't be bale to pay so then the cycle starts again.  

I have a customer with 40% equity 800 credit scores and one of the biggest servicers will buy that loan from us at 85 cents on the dollar,  the best one at 94 cents on the dollar.  We'd have gotten 1.02 -1.03 a month ago for that which would pay the bills with a small profit.   there is zero risk of default in this loan,  both borrowers are essential and they have high net worth and yet no one wants it.    

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Anyone who supported any of these bailouts are 100% dipshits that have are clueless regarding the crooked ways going on in our government.