Check your account email address ×

F150 dethroned by GM for top selling 1/2 ton

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

wrong. Pick up a history book or google it thoroughly before making an ass of yourself. 

Detroit Automobile Company went bankrupt. It was reorganized and from it sprung the Henry Ford Company, which Henry left to start FOMOCO. Well after he left the Henry Ford Company went bankrupt and re-emerged as Cadillac. the HFC has zero ties to FOMOCO. None. 

Ergo, FOMOCO never went bankrupt.

Buttcocks :owned: again. 

Why do you entertain him?

On 4/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, Zambroski said:

Indeed.  I really like that. Saw a blackey the other day that made me look thrice!!!

2020 Silverado Midnight Edition Officially Announced | GM Authority

I hope some one slaps me up side the head next time I try to. it a black truck again . I forget how bad they suck to keep looking decent about every 3 or 4 trucks . 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:41 PM, Zambroski said:

Cash isn’t king on most dealer floors anymore.  The only way to avoid Financing rates, built in or added on, is to let some bloke eat it before you buy it (buy used).

Sheep Shit’s hipster ass nailed it....the best trucks have the title in the glove box with the smiling owner knowing he’s that much closer to sliding his way into an early retirement.

you do not want to tell them you are paying cash until in the finance office and only after he gives you his best financing deal .

you will pay more if you tell the sales guy you are not financing.  they make more on the loan than the car most of the time now 

10 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Fucking GM's are a pile of shit

You could have a mechanic for any brand say that. They’re all great until they break, just like anything else in the world. My GMs have been good to me and I’ve had old and new. 

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

you do not want to tell them you are paying cash until in the finance office and only after he gives you his best financing deal .

you will pay more if you tell the sales guy you are not financing.  they make more on the loan than the car most of the time now 

This strategy makes them unhappy.  Also, throwing in a trade beforehand really makes them unhappy.  

No matter, it’s unlikely I’ll ever buy a new vehicle again.  I’ll let somebody else deal with all the gremlins under warranty and take the depreciation beating for the first 20k miles or so.  This is by far, the smartest financial play.

39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This strategy makes them unhappy.  Also, throwing in a trade beforehand really makes them unhappy.  

No matter, it’s unlikely I’ll ever buy a new vehicle again.  I’ll let somebody else deal with all the gremlins under warranty and take the depreciation beating for the first 20k miles or so.  This is by far, the smartest financial play.

yeah most of the time.  I go both ways this last ram truck has just over 12k on it the last 2 Ford's were cheaper to go new at the time the Chevy before that was also under 15k mi . all depends on the deal and warranty at the time . this time around it was the ram used warranty was way better than the new truck warranty and there were a ton of 1 yr lease returns .

but today new would prob be the tix with all the desperate dealers 

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I hope some one slaps me up side the head next time I try to. it a black truck again . I forget how bad they suck to keep looking decent about every 3 or 4 trucks . 

agreed-   i bought this blue mustang and even being a summer ride it's going to bother me keeping it clean.  I know i should only buy white or silver.  

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah most of the time.  I go both ways this last ram truck has just over 12k on it the last 2 Ford's were cheaper to go new at the time the Chevy before that was also under 15k mi . all depends on the deal and warranty at the time . this time around it was the ram used warranty was way better than the new truck warranty and there were a ton of 1 yr lease returns .

but today new would prob be the tix with all the desperate dealers 

Problem with even used trucks is, most are so upside down from the lot that, they can’t sell it anyway without a wad of cash to payoff the loan.  This raises used prices too....artificially.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

agreed-   i bought this blue mustang and even being a summer ride it's going to bother me keeping it clean.  I know i should only buy white or silver.  

yep I have had this black truck for less than 6 mo and am already at the point of saying fuck it it is just a truck lol 

14 hours ago, frenchy said:

wrong. Pick up a history book or google it thoroughly before making an ass of yourself. 

Detroit Automobile Company went bankrupt. It was reorganized and from it sprung the Henry Ford Company, which Henry left to start FOMOCO. Well after he left the Henry Ford Company went bankrupt and re-emerged as Cadillac. the HFC has zero ties to FOMOCO. None. 

Ergo, FOMOCO never went bankrupt.

Buttcocks :owned: again. 

Then you agree that GM has never went bankrupt by the same logic 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

no. Fomoco has zero relation to Henry Ford's prior business ventures.

DAC became HFC which then became Cadillac. Ford left HFC while it was still solvent and created FOMOCO. Even those with severe learning disabilities can follow this simple chain of events and realize FOMOCO never went bankrupt and was not a result of any sort of restructuring.

The current iteration of GM is a direct result of its predecessor filing for bankruptcy.

SBYL

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

no. Fomoco has zero relation to Henry Ford's prior business ventures.

DAC became HFC which then became Cadillac. Ford left HFC while it was still solvent and created FOMOCO. Even those with severe learning disabilities can follow this simple chain of events and realize FOMOCO never went bankrupt and was not a result of any sort of restructuring.

The current iteration of GM is a direct result of its predecessor filing for bankruptcy.

SBYL

And GM has never went bankrupt by the same logic 

Just now, ACE said:

And GM has never went bankrupt by the same logic 

GM has direct ties to the company that did and is a result of restructuring that took place via it's filing of chapter 11. 

FOMOCO has zero bankruptcy history.

You've lost. 

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

gm took no begged for my fucking tax money then took that money and used it to build plants in Mexico.  I call that worse 10 fold than chapter 11 or 19 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GM has direct ties to the company that did and is a result of restructuring that took place via it's filing of chapter 11. 

FOMOCO has zero bankruptcy history.

You've lost. 

So does ford 

ford went bankrupt twice before starting over again as fomoco. The tie is ford himself 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

So does ford 

ford went bankrupt twice before starting over again as fomoco. The tie is ford himself 

wrong. Ford left HFC while it was still solvent to start FOMOCO.  I've said that several times but you continue to drool and ignore. 

Just now, frenchy said:

wrong. Ford left HFC while it was still solvent to start FOMOCO.  I've said that several times but you continue to drool and ignore. 

So that’s the same thing as GM leaving liquidate motor company as it was going under 

oops 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

So that’s the same thing as GM leaving liquidate motor company as it was going under 

oops 

nope. FOMOCO has ZERO corporate history of bankruptcy, GM does. 

you can stay mad about it and keep talking in circles all you like though. 

Just now, frenchy said:

nope. FOMOCO has ZERO corporate history of bankruptcy, GM does. 

you can stay mad about it and keep talking in circles all you like though. 

Current GM also has ZERO corporate history of bankruptcy as it’s a new company 

oops