Check your account email address ×

Joe Biden Op Ed -1/27/20: Trump is worst possible leader to deal with coronavirus outbreak

Joe Biden Op Ed -1/27/20: Trump is worst possible leader to deal with coronavirus outbreak

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment. 

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge. 

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more. 

Diseases don't stop at borders or walls 
The State Department has scheduled an evacuation flight and advised Americans against traveling to Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, and is evacuating non-essential personnel. 

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond. 

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones. 

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Biden can't formulate or string 2 coherent sentences together and he is the person to pass judgement.  :lol:  

Zero chance he wrote that himself. 

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Biden can't formulate or string 2 coherent sentences together and he is the person to pass judgement.  :lol:  

Zero chance he wrote that himself. 

Your not going there when you support a fifth grader president are you?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Your not going there when you support a fifth grader president are you?

Well he probably know's the correct usage or your and you're.  :lol:  :taunt::poke:

Whether it intelligence or senility Trump is miles ahead of Biden.   Biden probably forgets to use the restroom and pisses himself.  

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well he probably know's the correct usage or your and you're.  :lol:  :taunt::poke:

Whether it intelligence or senility Trump is miles ahead of Biden.   Biden probably forgets to use the restroom and pisses himself.  

Sig worthy.

TRUMP TIMELINE

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control.” 

Jan. 24: “It will all work out well.” 

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully. 

Feb. 2: “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China." "...we did shut it down, yes." 

Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.” 

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.” 

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” 

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better." 

Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done." 

Feb. 27: “Only a very small number in U.S., & China numbers look to be going down. All countries working well together!” 

Feb. 28: “I think it’s really going well...There’s one who is quite sick, but maybe he’s gonna be fine." 

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” 

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said, ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ” 

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” 

March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” 

March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.” 

March 13: National Emergency declared.  

and 

"I don't take responsibility at all"

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There would be some members here heading to DC with a noose.

Seriously they would come unglued. These faggots are all calling the coronavirus a conspriacy yet the head of the conspiracy is their orange god. And no he doesnt get any criticism for it. Its quite mind boggling.