Check your account email address ×

why is this thing still spreading?

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The lock downs are pretty serious near me. I’m in a essential field and not working. Most of my customers can be open by the rules. They aren’t letting anyone in unless it’s a emergency. Even then,They make you take your temperature and you have to answer and sign paper work saying where you have been and who have you been in contact with. I got a email from the boss Saturday night wanting a list of buildings I’ve been in,in the last week. There are a few places I could go today,but that work doesn’t really need to be done this week. Other than a emergency,I’m staying home not getting paid. Until people calm the fuck down and get their safety guides in place,I choose to stay out of the shit show. There is still a lot of confusion out there.

If you can still travel out of large metro areas, it’s not a true “lockdown”.  Densely populated cities are where these things gain serious momentum....then spread outwards.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yeah but I still see lots of ppl out and about 

dollar stores are open and places similar 

I went to tractor supply yesterday.

are they non essential?

dollar store would be essential-  lots of poor people buying their groceries there. Tractor supply that a joke and they should be shut down.    

Just now, Angry ginger said:

dollar store would be essential-  lots of poor people buying their groceries there. Tractor supply that a joke and they should be shut down.    

Like I said lots of gray areas 

46 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The system has failed when you need to inject 25% of gdp in 1 month to keep it from collapsing. That’s yours and my grandkids futures we just fucked

It's insane.  A $2.2 trillion stimulus on a $21 trillion economy.  With essential services still open we are at about 75% of normal.  We could have all just taken a vacation for a month and collected unemployment.

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Until there is a serious lockdown this will continue slowly

There can be no lockdown if you want essential services to continue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

If you can still travel out of large metro areas, it’s not a true “lockdown”.  Densely populated cities are where these things gain serious momentum....then spread outwards.  

I have a neighbor that is a traffic/road engineer. He is currently designing road blocks for the state police. There looks to be a big one near O’Hara. Where 294 and 90 intersect. Will they ever set them up, who knows????

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have a neighbor that is a traffic/road engineer. He is currently designing road blocks for the state police. There looks to be a big one near O’Hara. Where 294 and 90 intersect. Will they ever set them up, who knows????

Ask him if they are to prevent people leaving or coming in.  Also ask how many “exceptions” there will be for people to pass freely.  “LOCKDOWN” is lockdown.  Period.  Nobody comes in that isn’t mission critical and nobody leaves.

This whole thing is a joke of not only our preparedness but of national strength and resolve.  I don’t believe this is a deadly serious “pandemic” yet based on numbers but, it could grow to be if this strain gets more deadly.  What this shows all of us (well, the ones who can see) is, how fucked we really are should something very deadly start to grow.  It’s too late and all over before we even think to do anything.....other than shit our pants as collective retards.

Right now, all it appears we are going to lose is our economy....all out of unsubstantiated panic while not looking around and wondering why certain things aren’t being done, and why other weird things are allowed to continue.

Toilet paper. That’s what makes people feel good and safe....apparently.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ask him if they are to prevent people leaving or coming in.  Also ask how many “exceptions” there will be for people to pass freely.  “LOCKDOWN” is lockdown.  Period.  Nobody comes in that isn’t mission critical and nobody leaves.

This whole thing is a joke of not only our preparedness but of national strength and resolve.  I don’t believe this is a deadly serious “pandemic” yet based on numbers but, it could grow to be if this strain gets more deadly.  What this shows all of us (well, the ones who can see) is, how fucked we really are should something very deadly start to grow.  It’s too late and all over before we even think to do anything.....other than shit our pants as collective retards.

Right now, all it appears we are going to lose is our economy....all out of unsubstantiated panic while not looking around and wondering why certain things aren’t being done, and why other weird things are allowed to continue.

Toilet paper. That’s what makes people feel good and safe....apparently.

All I know is there are truck lanes that won’t stop and they are set up to be able to turn people back around?  We will lose more than that,if a bunch of sick people in the big cities head for small town USA.

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Until there is a serious lockdown this will continue slowly

And wasn't that the point? No one said they were going to stop the spread.

Lots of grey area in Ontario's essential rules. Company up the road started to demo a church yesterday. What's the big need for that?

Peers in my field are calling me everyday asking what I'm doing and how I can insure the safety of my employees.

And those planes, buddy's daughter is a stewardess, flight out of Montreal to the Caribean. She says the flights have been empty going down and 25-35% coming back, getting thinner every day. The flight attendants do nothing. They drop a cooler full of water bottles on the floor and everyone sits in there seats. She's being laid off today or tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

All I know is there are truck lanes that won’t stop and they are set up to be able to turn people back around?  We will lose more than that,if a bunch of sick people in the big cities head for small town USA.

It’s most likely already too late if this thing grows seriously deadly.  It’s over because people thought that reckless panic and fear mongering was enough.  Can we maybe panic harder and win this?!?!  WE SHOULD TRY!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s most likely already too late if this thing grows seriously deadly.  It’s over because people thought that reckless panic and fear mongering was enough.  Can we maybe panic harder and win this?!?!  WE SHOULD TRY!!!!!!!

Give it a try 

I’ll pass 

Just now, Pete said:

Give it a try 

I’ll pass 

I’ll tell you what, MISTER!  You’ll fucking panic and panic hard when commanded to do so!!!!!  Don’t be selfish!  We can win (lose) this together!!!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’ll tell you what, MISTER!  You’ll fucking panic and panic hard when commanded to do so!!!!!  Don’t be selfish!  We can win (lose) this together!!!!

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I’m home and I’m essential. I also have asthma and take daily meds for it. Idgaf. After all the dumb shit I’ve survived I’m not gonna let the Super flu take me out. 

• Like 5

Illinois just sent out a emergency broadcast on cell phones. They are looking for any and all licensed medical personal. I’m not really watching any numbers but how many hospital beds are filled. Bad shit must be happening?

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Illinois just sent out a emergency broadcast on cell phones. They are looking for any and all licensed medical personal. I’m not really watching any numbers but how many hospital beds are filled. Bad shit must be happening?

We haven’t got anything like that. 

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Did this go out state wide?  All cell phones?  

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Did this go out state wide?  All cell phones?  

My company phone,IPad,and the personal phones. It’s was on the state emergency broadcast system. The wife said it came across the tv as well?

Just now, BOHICA said:

Is NYC mass transit still up and running?

It has to be. It’s the only mode of transportation for most. Lots of people have to work through this. Chicago has cut way back on service. Even if you can drive,there isn’t anywhere to park your car .

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

They sell animal feed, medicine, and necessary related equipment, as well as parts used in maintaining farm and garden equipment. 

They're more essential than you think.

• Like 1