Check your account email address ×

How is your state doing?

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I understand the problems being created but I still have an issue with people being restricted from something they own and pay for. If you pay your taxes then you are a resident whether seasonal or not.

The nursing home in Bobcageon is a worst case scenario playing out. The virus was in there early before any restrictions were in place and a big chunk of the residents lived 4 to a room with only curtain dividers and they didn't separate them until last week. Its a terrible tragedy.

I don't disagree with property use and them coming up. I'd be more worried about them coming into contact with some bumpkin up here and taking it back with them

• Gold Member
On 4/1/2020 at 8:30 PM, FrankieJames7 said:

i have an apartment in fairbanks. tanana has a confirmed 0 cases and i have my own house there. seems like a good spot

With Ravn shut down is it going to be more expensve than usual to get to Tanana?

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Way more expensive. 

So I can assume getting back to Anchorage from some of these tiny coastal villages is going to be an arm and a leg as well.

36 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

So I can assume getting back to Anchorage from some of these tiny coastal villages is going to be an arm and a leg as well.

Its bound to be more expensive. Not really sure how its all going to work out. We will see once summer time comes. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What is Ravn?

That is one of the only air carriers that had daily schedules to fly in and out of most alaskan villages. Those villages are not connected by road to the main highways. Not even dirt roads. 

• Gold Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That is one of the only air carriers that had daily schedules to fly in and out of most alaskan villages. Those villages are not connected by road to the main highways. Not even dirt roads. 

I forgot the other big one's name,are they still flying?

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

9 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Alaska based airline that services some of the smaller villages in more remote areas. 

Thanks gents.

27 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Alaska based airline that services some of the smaller villages in more remote areas. 

Grant Aviation which used to be Penn Air. But Grant was bought out by Raven a year or so ago so I dont know if Grant is still flying either. 

I dont fly any more. Think about it all the time down here because the weather is so perfect for 10 months out of 12. Ive thought about getting an ultralite or powered glider or experimental or something. Something inexpensive but fun. 

17 hours ago, Kivalo said:

With Ravn shut down is it going to be more expensve than usual to get to Tanana?

i have a truck that can just drive there some days in winter and everyday in the summer. i made the trip this winter in -50 the entire 250 miles and then had to walk 6 miles across the river. fyi, raven didn't go to tanana. eskimo company don't like savage indian villages like tanana. lol jk but they didn't go to tanana. idk how the other small airlines around here are going to hold up

Edited by FrankieJames7

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I forgot the other big one's name,are they still flying?

one was warbelows airventures. when the founder was too old he sold it to the sole competition wright airservice. they are the only ones who have flights to eastern alaska such as eagle and they are also the only ones that fly to tanana everyday. their operation is 50 percent cargo so i feel like they can weather the storm. warbelows got turned into a tourist fly company for elite chinese customers

11 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The nursing home near here where it was hit hard is saying it's been stable for a couple days now. We're hoping they got a handle on the situation 

Most of the deaths in VT have been from outbreaks in a couple of nursing homes. 

Just saw this over on QuebecRider.com

All public events cancelled right now until August 31 in Quebec.

no music festivals, no sporting events, nothing zero nada.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just saw this over on QuebecRider.com

They've closed everything here in Ont as well. There's gonna be alot of boats in storage with all of the launches closed and I think they'll go after marinas that have a launch as well. They haven't said anything about fishing/hunting as far as I know. 

On 4/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, Big Crappie said:

LOL, I've been contemplating using the clippers we use on the dogs. It's the same damn clippers so why not?

You're a dog, so why not?