Check your account email address ×

Finished product Katz Deli

Looks damn good.    I have to say whenever I go to NYC and it's only been a few times, I always get the corned beef on rye it is always better than any other place I have gotten it.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Looks damn good.    I have to say whenever I go to NYC and it's only been a few times, I always get the corned beef on rye it is always better than any other place I have gotten it.

Have you been to Katz?

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Have you been to Katz?

I went to a few not really sure, if it is near MT SI hospital yes, haven't been in probably 12 years or so. There is a deli in Luzern county that gets their cb from NY it's good but not like in NYC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

that's my next thing I want to try on the smoker, got the katz seasoning just need tie to prep and cook, love a good pastrami

Get a nice brisket flat and make your own from scratch

48 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Get a nice brisket flat and make your own from scratch

that's what I am intending to do just waiting for the pandemic to subside so there is meat at the stores, been slim pickins around here lately

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

that's what I am intending to do just waiting for the pandemic to subside so there is meat at the stores, been slim pickins around here lately

Nice....I made one a few years ago. It was spectacular 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dry cured the flat for 7 days using Morton tenderquick. It’s simple and provides great results

I remember that, went bought tenderquick after seeing that, did you just heavy coat meat or did you make a brine with it?

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

I remember that, went bought tenderquick after seeing that, did you just heavy coat meat or did you make a brine with it?

Nope just follow instructions for amount and apply like a dry rub. I vacuum sealed it then. You just flip the meat over once a day for a week and presto. At that point you have a corned beef. Then you give it the pastrami treatment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Nope just follow instructions for amount and apply like a dry rub. I vacuum sealed it then. You just flip the meat over once a day for a week and presto. At that point you have a corned beef. Then you give it the pastrami treatment.

That shit is better left to the pros. I'm a pro at eating those mother fuckers so that's what I do.