Check your account email address ×

Doomsday numbers don't add up

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality or common sense says is it does raise some valid questions.   I had not heard any predictions this dire in the US.    Have heard as many as 750,000K and Bernie said as many as the US lost in WW2 4-500,000. 

Worst-case scenario, COVID-19 could infect between up to 214 million people over a period of more than a year — and kill as many as 1.7 million Americans.

The New York Times used an even more dire model: 2.1 million dead.

Let’s back up a second. China has a population of 1,437,722,468 as of Tuesday, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.

COVID-19 was born there, with the first case being diagnosed on Dec. 1.

On Tuesday, there were 81,054 confirmed cases of the virus, according to Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

Of those, 68,798 recovered, while 3,230 people died (the remainder were still active cases).

So that means the infection rate in China was just .006%. How, then, are the “experts” forecasting that well more than 50% of the 320 million people in America — where people already wash their hands incessantly and use Purell nonstop — will be infected?

Again, look at the numbers. The virus pounded China from December through the third week of February — more than 10 weeks in all — before it leveled off (if you can believe the communist leaders’ claim).

In the Hubei province, just more than 11% of the nearly 60 million residents were infected. And that was ground zero.

The spread of COVID-19 in China began leveling off a week before February ended. It topped 80,000 on March 1, but 14 days later it was still less than 81,000. The curve had flattened

he'll yeah deff worth plunging massive amounts of people in to massive debt and or bankruptcy and homlesness . yep deff worth screeming FIRE 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I want all the good news I can get but how are most people naturally immune to a new virus? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I want all the good news I can get but how are most people naturally immune to a new virus? 

Im pretty sure he saying because youd have already been exposed at some point

I seen a study as much as 3% of positive tests are from people who never had any symptoms 

4 hours ago, Momorider said:

Today's press conference the Dr. Said they are getting reports of Millenials according to her the future of civilization are getting bad cases in Spain and Italy  probably dying in huge numbers soon as a second wave they were the carriers who infected all the Boomers now it's their turn. If that isn't lab made :guzzle:

Shut up you fat lying piece of shit. You don't know anything. All that shit eating addled your brain. 

Grace Fusco — mother of 11, grandmother of 27 — would sit in the same pew at church each Sunday, surrounded by nearly a dozen members of her sprawling Italian American family. Sunday dinners drew an even larger crowd to her home in central New Jersey.

Now, her close-knit clan is united anew by unspeakable grief: Fusco, 73, died Wednesday night after contracting the coronavirus — hours after her son died from the virus and five days after her daughter’s death, a relative said.

Four other children who contracted coronavirus remain hospitalized, three of them in critical condition, the relative, Roseann Paradiso Fodera, said.

Fusco’s eldest child, Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, of Freehold, New Jersey, died Friday; after her death, the family learned she had contracted the virus. Fusco’s eldest son, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pennsylvania, died Wednesday, said Paradiso Fodera, the family’s lawyer, who is Grace Fusco’s cousin and is serving as a spokeswoman.

Fusco, of Freehold, died after spending Wednesday “gravely ill” and breathing with help from a ventilator, unaware that her two oldest children had died, Paradiso Fodera said.

Nearly 20 other relatives are quarantined at their homes, praying in isolated solitude, unable to mourn their deep collective loss together.

“If they’re not on a respirator, they’re quarantined,” Paradiso Fodera said.

• Sad 1

On 3/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, Highmark said:

Question is how long must we operate this status to achieve a relatively low impact?   

Today Trump said we will know soon, I'm guessing by the end of next week..........We have local testing going on here.

7 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Harris said the doctors gave him a cocktail of vitamins — including lots of vitamin C — cough medicine, an experimental antiviral medication, a malaria vaccine and antibiotics.

52 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Harris said the doctors gave him a cocktail of vitamins — including lots of vitamin C — cough medicine, an experimental antiviral medication, a malaria vaccine and antibiotics.

Hopefully that works!!

Did I see the cdc wrong or did it go from 7,000 yesterday to 10,442 today?  Could be just that more test kits are available. Could be too many people acting like those kids on spring break. 

Your death number just hit 150. 

So 1.5% mortality rate and a 50% rise everyday.  You obviously haven't been taking it seriously yet so it will keep climbing until you do.  

So that means you have at least two weeks where this 50% rise is possible.

Is my math fucked up or will a 50% rise every day equal 2,9 million sick in 14 days?     1.5% of that is 43,500 people      Now if the majority of the people who get sick are over 70 then the mortality rate is over 10%  So those numbers could be higher. 

We are up to 13500 confirmed cases in the US

We had someone sent home from work today and immediately quarantined by the health dept. She recently got back from Mexico and has all the symptoms. She works about 50’ down from my office in the warehouse

Edited by f7ben

12 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

This is from the article.  Yet nationwide your mortality rate is 1.5%   So I don't see how they think it will be 0.05%

“A population-wide case fatality rate of 0.05% is lower than seasonal influenza. If that is the true rate, locking down the world with potentially tremendous social and financial consequences may be totally irrational. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We are up to 13500 confirmed cases in the US

We had someone sent home from work today and immediately quarantined by the health dept. She recently got back from Mexico and has all the symptoms. She works about 50’ down from my office in the warehouse

According to your sources, what was it yesterday?