Check your account email address ×

Mike Pence

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I never like the choice of Pence as VP by Trump. Obviously it worked out well for him, but there are too many things he is radical on with social issues for my liking. 

Roe v Wade, the ACA, Immigration will take all of Congress's time for the next 4 years. The usual republican time wasters. Trumps jobs plan may be on the back burner. He also promised infrastructure improvements...lo Obama has tried that for many years. Maybe now?

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Roe v Wade, the ACA, Immigration will take all of Congress's time for the next 4 years. The usual republican time wasters. Trumps jobs plan may be on the back burner. He also promised infrastructure improvements...lo Obama has tried that for many years. Maybe now?

Damn you guys sound like a bunch of whiny little spoiled brats.

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I never like the choice of Pence as VP by Trump. Obviously it worked out well for him, but there are too many things he is radical on with social issues for my liking. 

Yup.  I was disappointed in that choice.  He turns out ok but still.....not for me.  Just to right-wingy.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lawn grubs are still active this time of year?

:ashamed::lol:

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Damn you guys sound like a bunch of whiny little spoiled brats.

Yeah....you're right. Oh well.  I want the world and a steak dinner thrown in with it though...is that selfish?  

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lawn grubs are still active this time of year?

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child-miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Wayyyyyy to right wing. He could have done much better. 

I think the Trumpster was trying to calm the right wing wackos and begrudgingly pander to them.  It was pretty clear Pence wasn't going to be given any power in his campaign when he threw him under the bis several times and mixed words with him.

Pence is a good public speaker though.  Deliberate and concise.  Trump waited to do those two things until the very end.  And even then......:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I hope they overturn all of it :thumb:  roe v wade.  ACA, equal rights - overturn all of it......people get energized when something is taken from them.  And if they don't do these things....they've played the right wing mouthbreathers like a fiddle :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the Trumpster was trying to calm the right wing wackos and begrudgingly pander to them.  It was pretty clear Pence wasn't going to be given any power in his campaign when he threw him under the bis several times and mixed words with him.

Pence is a good public speaker though.  Deliberate and concise.  Trump waited to do those two things until the very end.  And even then......:lol:

In his victory speech, he barely mentioned him. I think Pence is about to get Biden'd into puppet status. Thank god. 

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He's an excellent speaker just like Obama. This makes him great and qualified, I read this here. 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I hope they overturn all of it :thumb:  roe v wade.  ACA, equal rights - overturn all of it......people get energized when something is taken from them.  And if they don't do these things....they've played the right wing mouthbreathers like a fiddle :thumb:

I don't think they will touch roe v wade or equal rights. ACA will go obviously. But I have a feeling social issues won't even get a second look. If he and the R's don't play with social issues, they would be very smart. Concentrate on business. Every small gain (even the smallest) will be hailed by the right as genius and a fulfilled obligation. A couple jobs here and a couple there is all they need. Just enough to argue that the trend arrow is going the opposite (positive) direction. When you look at it objectively, there is very little they need to do to claim victory. 

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Look at this idiotic statement from snowbeavis.    :crybaby:

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don't think they will touch roe v wade or equal rights. ACA will go obviously. But I have a feeling social issues won't even get a second look. If he and the R's don't play with social issues, they would be very smart. Concentrate on business. Every small gain (even the smallest) will be hailed by the right as genius and a fulfilled obligation. A couple jobs here and a couple there is all they need. Just enough to argue that the trend arrow is going the opposite (positive) direction. When you look at it objectively, there is very little they need to do to claim victory. 

I disagree.  The trend lines are good now - unemployment, stock market, consecutive months of job creation, annual budget deficit is going down, etc. The problem for Dump is the tea party backed R's.....cut taxes and increase military spending, infrastructure spending all while stadifyung the tea party position of the deficit.  Is the sequester no longer an issue for the far right?  Can the promises be fulfilled without a significant spike in the deficit?  And are his plans going to outperform and outpace the last 4 years?  All while addressing HC that's going to protect the profits within it......

Just now, SnowRider said:

I disagree.  The trend lines are good now - unemployment, stock market, consecutive months of job creation, annual budget deficit is going down, etc. The problem for Dump is the tea party backed R's.....cut taxes and increase military spending, infrastructure spending all while stadifyung the tea party position of the deficit.  Is the sequester no longer an issue for the far right?  Can the promises be fulfilled without a significant spike in the deficit?  And are his plans going to outperform and outpace the last 4 years?  All while addressing HC that's going to protect the profits within it......

FFS, You sound like a DNC broken record.  19 trillion you fucking idiot !!!

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Yeah...but you're a complete idiot.  Still.

Edited by Zambroski

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

And we both know the first ones who are going to get fucked by the unfulfilled  promises are those making under 30K/year who voted for him:thumb:  Because most of the manufacturing jobs he's promised ain't coming back. 

Before Obama took office, President Bush's last budget (FY 2009) created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and lasted until September 30, 2009. That means most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office in January. It's not accurate to attribute it to him.

FY 2009 - Even though the budget had already been approved, Congress approved emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's worth of spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.
    FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.587 trillion deficit, the largest in history.
    FY 2011 - It contributed $1.3 trillion to the debt.
    FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.
    FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10% cut in spending.
    FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.
    FY 2015  - The deficit fell further, to $438 billion.
    FY 2016 - The deficit is expected to be $600 billion
    Current Budget - The deficit is projected to be $441 billion.

When the deficits from all these budgets are added together, President Obama increased the debt by $6.616 trillion.