Check your account email address ×

Mike Pence

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Interest rates are too low right now to be honest. If we are doing so well, they have no business being that low. It takes away any of their power during a downtick. If the economy does go down, and you can't drop rates to stimulate capital investment, which will be a problem. I like gas this low, I really like the market right now, but I worry about what happens when the economy follows the cyclical path that it always does and the rates are this low. What stirs us out of the down cycle? I also am for floating tax rates to be honest. When the economy is strong, you build your rainy day fund with higher taxes, but when it is low you drop those taxes to encourage spending. We seem to be more interested in election based taxes and rates. Drop taxes and rates when we need a vote, rather than doing so in correlation with the business cycle. That is where politics really drops the ball. 

Just stop.  It's not worth the cuticle wear.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Interest rates are too low right now to be honest. If we are doing so well, they have no business being that low. It takes away any of their power during a downtick. If the economy does go down, and you can't drop rates to stimulate capital investment it will be a problem. I like gas this low, I really like the market right now, but I worry about what happens when the economy follows the cyclical path that it always does and the rates are this low. What stirs us out of the down cycle? I also am for floating tax rates to be honest. When the economy is strong, you build your rainy day fund with higher taxes, but when it is low you drop those taxes to encourage spending. We seem to be more interested in election based taxes and rates. Drop taxes and rates when we need a vote, rather than doing so in correlation with the business cycle. That is where politics really drops the ball. 

That being said, Obama deserves some credit for how well the market bounced back from the Great Recession. Can always do better, but we are not struggling that is for sure. 

Problem there is we are running on artificial numbers from the feds QE tweaks. IMO

6 minutes ago, oquossocbob said:

Problem there is we are running on artificial numbers from the feds QE tweaks. IMO

I agree. I don't think it is a dire problem now, but it needs to be addressed in the next year. It is a gamble not doing so. Addressing it will send the country into the downward portion of the business cycle, which isn't a bad thing with proper management of that cycle, and the understanding by the American public that it is the natural flow of the market. Unfortunately with so many not having a clue, Trump will be seen immediately as a villain (much like Obama was) when the downward trend happens. 

I agree. I don't think it is a dire problem now, but it needs to be addressed in the next year. It is a gamble not doing so. Addressing it will send the country into the downward portion of the business cycle, which isn't a bad thing with proper management of that cycle, and the understanding by the American public that it is the natural flow of the market. Unfortunately with so many not having a clue, Trump will be seen immediately as a villain (much like Obama was) when the downward trend happens. 

Very true......That's why Obama let it ride, let it be someone's problem. Obama is many things being stupid is not one them.

Back to Pence. Just talking to some gay friends. They were telling me the LGBT community is very concerned Pence and Trump will erase legal marriage and the benefits it gives to them.

Pence has a record on being against LGBT and Trump has pissed off every other non white.

Edited by Mainecat

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Back to Pence. Just talking to some gay friends. They were telling me the LGBT community is very concerned Pence and Trump will erase legal marriage and the benefits it gives to them.

Pence has a record on this.

Hates Asians but somehow is tolerant enough have multiple gay friends.... Well if that isn't the most suspect thing I have heard all day, I don't know what is. 

BS 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Pence has a record on being against LGBT and Trump has pissed of every other non white.

How will he do this?  Did you just get right into the bashing of Pence and Trump or did you explain to them that it probably would not happen?

35 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Interest rates are too low right now to be honest. If we are doing so well, they have no business being that low. It takes away any of their power during a downtick. If the economy does go down, and you can't drop rates to stimulate capital investment it will be a problem. I like gas this low, I really like the market right now, but I worry about what happens when the economy follows the cyclical path that it always does and the rates are this low. What stirs us out of the down cycle? I also am for floating tax rates to be honest. When the economy is strong, you build your rainy day fund with higher taxes, but when it is low you drop those taxes to encourage spending. We seem to be more interested in election based taxes and rates. Drop taxes and rates when we need a vote, rather than doing so in correlation with the business cycle. That is where politics really drops the ball. 

That being said, Obama deserves some credit for how well the market bounced back from the Great Recession. Can always do better, but we are not struggling that is for sure. 

good post :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Hates Asians but somehow is tolerant enough have multiple gay friends.... Well if that isn't the most suspect thing I have heard all day, I don't know what is. 

BS 

Pence does believe in shock therapy and teaching creationism in school......but the market wasn't high enough nor the economy good enough to overcome the trepidation of a few.... :snack: 

Edited by SnowRider

BS 

The Japanese pay attention!

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Pence has a record on being against LGBT and Trump has pissed off every other non white.

I'll get another opinion. I just asked my friend who is gay and lives in Las Vegas with his husband what their thoughts are.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Before Obama took office, President Bush's last budget (FY 2009) created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and lasted until September 30, 2009. That means most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office in January. It's not accurate to attribute it to him.

FY 2009 - Even though the budget had already been approved, Congress approved emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's worth of spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.
    FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.587 trillion deficit, the largest in history.
    FY 2011 - It contributed $1.3 trillion to the debt.
    FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.
    FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10% cut in spending.
    FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.
    FY 2015  - The deficit fell further, to $438 billion.
    FY 2016 - The deficit is expected to be $600 billion
    Current Budget - The deficit is projected to be $441 billion.

When the deficits from all these budgets are added together, President Obama increased the debt by $6.616 trillion.

These things happen when a moron such as Bush creates two, decade long wars, an enormous financial collapse brought on by fraud, and failure to heed the FBI warning on unprecidented fraud in the lending industry. Nicely done by Obama...thankfully the collapse came at the END of bush's watch. 

Edited by spin_dry

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

most of these dipshits didn't even know what went into the cake, but are determined it's going to taste great.

I think it's obvious several of people, on here and elsewhere who 'disliked both candidates' are much more comfortable with Hillary but assumed she'd win why they sat in the corner.  Now they are hoping it all works out :snack:

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I thi it's obvious several of the people, onnhere and elsewhere who 'disliked both candidates' are much more comfortable with Hillary but assumed she'd win whynrhe sat in the corner.  Now they are hoping it all works out :snack:

absolutely.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

most of these dipshits didn't even know what went into the cake, but are determined it's going to taste great.

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I thi it's obvious several of the people, onnhere and elsewhere who 'disliked both candidates' are much more comfortable with Hillary but assumed she'd win whynrhe sat in the corner.  Now they are hoping it all works out :snack:

Please, go on with your intellectual elitism.  You two seem to think you know it all, and yet somehow the candidates and policies you supported LOST

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

If he chooses Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie for cabinet posts  this country is totally going backwards

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If he chooses Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie for cabinet posts  this country is totally going backwards

They are all possible candidates......what about draining the  swamp and burning it all down?  I'll wait to see how it plays out....but I'm on board with the Dump supporters....burn it all down......equality, choice, healthcare, unions, taxes on the wealthy....burn it all down.....and let's see how it works out for his supporters and those who chose to sit home and watch :thumb:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

They are all possible candidates......what about draining the  swamp and burning it all down?  I'll wait to see how it plays out....but I'm on board with the Dump supporters....burn it all down......equality, choice, healthcare, unions, taxes on the wealthy....burn it all down.....and let's see how it works out for his supporters and those who chose to sit home and watch :thumb:

You really are a dim bulb.  Your posts are always a bunch of left wing rhetoric.  DERP DERP equality...DERP choice.  DERP.    

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You really are a dim bulb.  Your posts are always a bunch of left wing rhetoric.  DERP DERP equality...DERP choice.  DERP.    

You're so fucking dumb both sides refuse to claim you :lol: 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

You're so fucking dumb both sides refuse to claim you :lol: 

I don't cater to any "side"  you dumb fuck.  I see through the rhetoric and I think that burns your ass.

Edited by racer254

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Where the fuck has it gone with Mr. Hope and Change and his cronies....I guess if you consider cops being targeted and blacks running roughshod progress you are happy.