Check your account email address ×

Anyone pull cash?

I always have cash on hand and do most of my day to day spending in cash. But with this pandemic shit I was wondering if we will be seeing the end of cash soon. I always have a bunch of really nasty looking bills and coins from dealing in cash. This could be the way they kill it. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I always have cash on hand and do most of my day to day spending in cash. But with this pandemic shit I was wondering if we will be seeing the end of cash soon. I always have a bunch of really nasty looking bills and coins from dealing in cash. This could be the way they kill it. 

I'm using the debit card as much as I can.

Certain places only deal in cash... and I ain't gonna be quarantined for a time without my ganja... :bc:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I'm using the debit card as much as I can.

Certain places only deal in cash... and I ain't gonna be quarantined for a time without my ganja... :bc:

Haha fortunately I have plenty of ganj. People give me stuff all the time and I dont really smoke that much. I have like 8 years of smoke, vapes and edibles laying around. I could start my own dispensary ffs... 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Haha fortunately I have plenty of ganj. People give me stuff all the time and I dont really smoke that much. I have like 8 years of smoke, vapes and edibles laying around. I could start my own dispensary ffs... 

I have so many sources now it isn't funny. People literally try to give it to me at work (customers)...

Daughter has a med card so even in a worse case scenario......

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well if this IS the end, at least you can go out not giving two shits    lol            :joint:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Threw $5k in the safe today.

Just cuz....

Always have some cash in the safe.   

If it gets to that ammo/food will be more important than cash.  

I will increase my prepping.   Hardly anything right now but gonna consider a backup generator and good supply of LP.      Gonna do some dried food storage when this settles.   Its not the fear of this its the fear of how people react.  

Without question a virus is the largest threat to our existing way of life.   It can cause a financial/world collapse in a very, very short amount of time.  

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Always have some cash in the safe.   

If it gets to that ammo/food will be more important than cash.  

I will increase my prepping.   Hardly anything right now but gonna consider a backup generator and good supply of LP.      Gonna do some dried food storage when this settles.   Its not the fear of this its the fear of how people react.  

Without question a virus is the largest threat to our existing way of life.   It can cause a financial/world collapse in a very, very short amount of time.  

1,000 gallons at camp.

Proper reaction or overreaction to this it doesn't matter.   This one should be a hard lesson for everyone.  

Unless we come up with antivirals or vaccine's that cover the majority of deadly virus' (vaccine of that nature is HIGHLY unlikely probably impossible)...if one hits with a 10%+ mortality rate in healthy people things will be 1000x's worse than they are now.   Even a 2-3% mortality rate in the healthy could be exponentially worse with how people react.   

31 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I have great cigars and cognac....good as cash.

Somebody will be by to collect your cash and whatever food you may have. Your raspberry flavored Swisher Sweets and $3 bottle of browned swill are safe.

:lol:

I brought a grand home yesterday... mainly because I was out of cash at home and I'll need it for vacation anyway

I asked if I could take 10k and I just needed my debit card to do so. Then she laughed when I asked if they had a canvas sack with a dollar sign on it for me 

I do have cash on hand, but not anymore than any other time. This isn’t a big deal IMO. The only thing I stocked up on was dog food. That’s because the lady at the pet store said we could see some shortages of my dog’s favorite food. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I do have cash on hand, but not anymore than any other time. This isn’t a big deal IMO. The only thing I stocked up on was dog food. That’s because the lady at the pet store said we could see some shortages of my dog’s favorite food. 

Cheap Chinese Chow? 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Never gave that a thought.   Good info.  :thumbsup:

I really don't think cash is critical.   If things are really bad inflation would reach levels where you would need millions.   Cash will not be a necessity in my book. 

Edited by Highmark