Check your account email address ×

Is This What They Mean By Social Distancing?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I stopped going to the gym once the outbreak in town was announced. Places are germ factories anyway. Restaurants were like ghost towns today. Even Popeyes was slow. 

We are only seeing the beginning. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Stop patronizing him.....and possibly jinxing it!

Come on Zam. We need a few things to go in our direction or this will blow up. While not very deadly this virus is very contagious and it passes easily and quickly between victims. The disruption of world commerce is a serious side effect of Covid-19. A 30% reduction in lung capacity in some victims is another. 

• Like 2

Looks similar to all the morons packed in like flies and breathing all over each other at Wal Mart, Costco and other places all trying to get toilet paper and hand sanitizer in case they get sick. :wacko:

From another site but it lays it our pretty good, imo.:bc:

All this mass hysteria is media created. Everyone at CNN and other left leaning sites, need to stop stoking the fire.

It's a Flu people.....there is the flu every year.

Read this article from 2018:

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/...deaths-winter/

80,000 died that winter of the FLU in the US (WINTER 2017-2018). WHY WASN'T THERE MASS HYSTERIA THEN??? The media was too busy going after Trump, now they get some downtime after the impeachment, lets stoke the fire. Up go the ratings.

This year 58 !!!!!!!! have died from Corona. 58 in the US.

Basically an average of 1 person per state. We have 327 million in the US. 58 have died....a mass shooting could have more then that.

This is the biggest overblown thing I've ever seen. 58 people dead. Even if that goes to 5-10,000, that ain't 80,000.

3000 people have the Corona virus, probably more, ok fine, shit 3,000 people have a flu virus in Chicago alone any given winter month on any given year.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Also. in the article flu peaks in Feb and dies down end of March. Same thing will happen here, OK maybe delayed a little and this one is about to peak in March and dies out a week or 2 into April.

China where it started, where it was the worst, 3200 have died.......1.38 billion people live there, that's seriously a drop in the bucket. And just like the 2018 article China peaked in Feb and now its dying out in March like clockwork.....see the opening of all Apple stores in China, Shit I can name 20 diseases that take out more then 3,000 a year. just amazing how this has been hyped........

The pussification of America!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Come on Zam. We need a few things to go in our direction or this will blow up. While not very deadly this virus is very contagious and it passes easily and quickly between victims. The disruption of world commerce is a serious side effect of Covid-19. A 30% reduction in lung capacity in some victims is another. 

I just don’t care what it does but, I have little belief it is near as serious as it is being blown up to be.  Maybe that’s why I’m so irritated.  We could use a good solid culling and what time would be better than now?  Let’s dance!

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Looks similar to all the morons packed in like flies and breathing all over each other at Wal Mart, Costco and other places all trying to get toilet paper and hand sanitizer in case they get sick. :wacko:

The weak and the stupid are always purged first.  It’s natures way.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I've been social distancing but thats because I have been intentionally lowering my alcohol intake and exercising, so no bars. Heading up to some local woods tomorrow for a hike and then swinging by the grocery store, hopefully there will be some sort of chicken and/or beef products left.

I'm hopeful they don't entirely close the ports to commercial traffic, given our reliance on imports they probably cant close them entirely.

I applied for a job in Texas with a towing company my buddy works at. He says they need Mates badly so I'm not giving up hope yet but it sure doesn't look good.

That airport has always been a nightmare for entry.  I have seen lines like that before this deal.  It sucks when you get to the stairs and see the line.  You already know there is no way to catch your next flight.  Wait in line for entry, wait in line for baggage, go through customs, recheck your bags for next flight, and hope like hell you and your bags will make it home together.  Hurry and wait, hurry and wait, hurry and wait, then you have to catch the tram to your next terminal and go through security again.  And that is in normal traffic.  Global entry only gets you through one step after you wait in the first line.

The idea of social distancing or whatever is a joke with their process.  You get crammed and mixed together with all the other inbound international flights while going through the whole ordeal.

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

That airport has always been a nightmare for entry.  I have seen lines like that before this deal.  It sucks when you get to the stairs and see the line.  You already know there is no way to catch your next flight.  Wait in line for entry, wait in line for baggage, go through customs, recheck your bags for next flight, and hope like hell you and your bags will make it home together.  Hurry and wait, hurry and wait, hurry and wait, then you have to catch the tram to your next terminal and go through security again.  And that is in normal traffic.  Global entry only gets you through one step after you wait in the first line.

The idea of social distancing or whatever is a joke with their process.  You get crammed and mixed together with all the other inbound international flights while going through the whole ordeal.

I’m at O’hare at least a couple times a month. I’d rather go to the dentist. I’ve waited in that customs line before a few times. It’s a fucking zoo.

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m at O’hare at least a couple times a month. I’d rather go to the dentist. I’ve waited in that customs line before a few times. It’s a fucking zoo.

No Nexus/Global entry/TSA PreCheck.

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Global Entry gets me through security, and customs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Without mandatory quarantine in place of the entire country and bare minimum those that test positive this will continue to spread.   What we are doing now will only slow the infection rate and not overwhelm HC.   Apparently one person can spread it globally in a matter of months.

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Global Entry gets me through security, and customs.

Yep.  That is part of the problem with that airport.  Security and customs are half the steps.  Everyone still gets fed through bottlenecks at other points.

9 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Yep.  That is part of the problem with that airport.  Security and customs are half the steps.  Everyone still gets fed through bottlenecks at other points.

All airports ar like this in one way or another.  They are the filthiest places on earth.  Especially international ones.  I don’t even like removing my shoes!!!!