Check your account email address ×

Civility

12 minutes ago, s pump said:

What has happened to civility on these boards. It seems the same few guys just like to poke and prod for reaction and it is ruining what used to be a fun, informative place. The days start with name calling, partisan hackery and nothing positive. It may be the evolution of social media and that sucks. We all started here as enthusiasts to a sport that has formed a bunch of friendships. I don't see that happening anymore except with maybe a few golfers. The way I look at these boards, if I wouldn't say it to your face , I wouldn't say it here. It's embarrassing really what comes out of some guys "mouths". Be better.

A guy can’t even post some funny trump stuff anymore without getting attacked. It’s pretty fucked. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

A guy can’t even post some funny trump stuff anymore without getting attacked. It’s pretty fucked. 

Come on Greg, you're big on stats. Look at the number and tone of your Anti threads.

• Like 2

Just now, s pump said:

Come on Greg, you're big on stats. Look at the number and tone of your Anti threads.

To be fair it was worse at least family attacks on fs1 and hcs Ce back in the day 

Just now, s pump said:

There’s plenty of Hillary, Obama, and Bernie threads. I don’t lose my shit in those threads. It’s simply good fun until the trumpers come stomping in. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s plenty of Hillary, Obama, and Bernie threads. I don’t lose my shit in those threads. It’s simply good fun until the trumpers come stomping in. 

lmfao our mental heath professional.  

a shoe makers kid thing I guess 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The trump supporters here are the worst when it comes to death threats, physical harm and name calling.  Look at Pete, Ezra, Jay etc for that! 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, s pump said:

What has happened to civility on these boards. It seems the same few guys just like to poke and prod for reaction and it is ruining what used to be a fun, informative place. The days start with name calling, partisan hackery and nothing positive. It may be the evolution of social media and that sucks. We all started here as enthusiasts to a sport that has formed a bunch of friendships. I don't see that happening anymore except with maybe a few golfers. The way I look at these boards, if I wouldn't say it to your face , I wouldn't say it here. It's embarrassing really what comes out of some guys "mouths". Be better.

This is the new world.  Still, I find plenty of cordial and fun conversations in between the beatings of those that come to social media to do nothing but spread their brand of virus.  Some here still bring information, a valid and educated viewpoint, humor and fun camaraderie.  Others are here simply to “dump” their everyday’s frustrations and biased hatreds while serving as kicking posts for the rest of us....and are apparently happy to get that type of attention. 

An ass for every seat and a seat for every ass!

4 minutes ago, s pump said:
4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not to mention I've seem majority of "trump" supporters dig up info on snowrider and his wife and psss it around and try to impact his career.  That's butthurt 

Family, career, health, finances....they go after it all. Just watch it happen in this thread. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is the new world.  Still, I find plenty of cordial and fun conversations in between the beatings of those that come to social media to do nothing but spread their brand of virus.  Some here still bring information, a valid and educated viewpoint, humor and fun camaraderie.  Others are here simply to “dump” their everyday’s frustrations and biased hatreds while serving as kicking posts for the rest of us....and are apparently happy to get that type of attention. 

An ass for every seat and a seat for every ass!

You missed the hay days. Fs1 had it all. Family target, peoples careers, tv shows, political career targets major drunks etc etc 

Hell momo had an army of dupes for voting and Rob the owner outed him and momo still denies it.  You should have seen momo skirt around calling rob a liar to his face. 

Edited by Kev144

Point being, arguing all day and calling people name is about the best way NOT to express your opinion. Some guys can spend the whole day name calling and and making the same point over and over again and never "move the needle" with another's opinion. Not everything is Trumps fault or to his credit. Arguing based solely on your side of the aisle is just counter productive and tired. Chose your sources carefully and think critically. The hackery ensures nothing gets accomplished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Family, career, health, finances....they go after it all. Just watch it happen in this thread. 

It reminds me of grade schoolers saying "you are, no you are" all day. It's degrading and immature. 

Just now, s pump said:

It reminds me of grade schoolers saying "you are, no you are" all day. It's degrading and immature. 

I stay away from family, career choice, and finances. Momo’s shit eating is always a hot topic though. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You missed the hay days. Fs1 had it all. Family target, peoples careers, tv shows, political career targets major drunks etc etc 

Hell momo had an army of dupes for voting and Rob the owner outed him and momo still denies it.  You should have seen momo skirt around calling rob a liar to his face. 

I seriously hate myself for missing it.  

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Point being, arguing all day and calling people name is about the best way NOT to express your opinion. Some guys can spend the whole day name calling and and making the same point over and over again and never "move the needle" with another's opinion. Not everything is Trumps fault or to his credit. Arguing based solely on your side of the aisle is just counter productive and tired. Chose your sources carefully and think critically. The hackery ensures nothing gets accomplished.

Man, I feel your words but, it’s clear what this place is about and what most members are about.  Again, there are some that add a viewpoint change and reasoning, others just serve as antagonists and contrarians.  You gotta take each member for what they/we bring.  If you really wanted to have a serious debate,  there are clubs you can start in the back and invite select members but, let’s be honest, serious debates and a chance to change one’s beliefs and viewpoints with differing opinions aren’t what most of us come here for at all.

In a weird and sad way, this place is a good representation of the where we are in the real world.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I stay away from family, career choice, and finances. Momo’s shit eating is always a hot topic though. 

Yah but starting 25 Anti threads a day is a bit passive aggressive, doncha think?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

In a weird and sad way, this place is a good representation of the where we are in the real world.

I concur and I think it's more of social media evolution. Ever notice how some people are experts on everything from economics, physics and any number of subjects? It's a literal think tank in here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

People you support?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Nothing has ever been accomplished on here. Even with all of the name calling and hackery I don't hate anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Yah but starting 25 Anti threads a day is a bit passive aggressive, doncha think?

I concur and I think it's more of social media evolution. Ever notice how some people are experts on everything from economics, physics and any number of subjects? It's a literal think tank in here.

MC has literally started over1000 Trump threads and I probably haven’t even clicked on over 90% of them.