Check your account email address ×

The Swamp...

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm sure all the 'drain the swamp' advocates on here must be outraged.... :read:

Team Trump is already filled with Washington insiders

President Barack Obama shakes hands with President-elect Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016.

Washington (CNN)To shape his administration, President-elect Donald Trump is drawing squarely from the "swamp" he has pledged to drain.

Trump's transition team is staffed with long-time Washington experts and lobbyists from K Street, think tanks and political offices. 

It's a far cry from Trump's campaign, which ended only Tuesday night, and message that he would "drain the swamp" in Washington. He has advocated congressional term limits and proposed a "five-point plan for ethics reform" that included strengthening restrictions on lobbying, including five-year bans for members and staff of the executive branch and Congress from lobbying, and expanding the definition of lobbyist to prevent more revolving door activity.

But he has so far fully embraced lobbyists within his transition, and all signs point to a heavy influence from longtime Washington Republican circles on his transition. And with Trump mostly skipping detailed policy proposals during his campaign, these they can have a powerful impact on his agenda. 

Why it's difficult to predict what Trump will actually do as president

Leaders in his transition include former Rep. Mike Rogers, former Reagan Attorney General and Heritage Foundation fellow Edwin Meese, former President of Heritage Edwin Feulner, former Bush administration official and lobbyist Christine Ciccone, former Dick Cheney adviser Ado Machida, former Senate Budget Committee staffer Eric Ueland and former Sen. Jeff Sessions' chief of staff Rick Dearborn. The effort is chaired by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Trump counts former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Sessions as close advisers.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/index.html

Edited by SnowRider

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I'm sure all the 'drain the swamp' advocates on here must be outraged.... :read:

Team Trump is already filled with Washington insiders

President Barack Obama shakes hands with President-elect Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016.

Washington (CNN)To shape his administration, President-elect Donald Trump is drawing squarely from the "swamp" he has pledged to drain.

Trump's transition team is staffed with long-time Washington experts and lobbyists from K Street, think tanks and political offices. 

It's a far cry from Trump's campaign, which ended only Tuesday night, and message that he would "drain the swamp" in Washington. He has advocated congressional term limits and proposed a "five-point plan for ethics reform" that included strengthening restrictions on lobbying, including five-year bans for members and staff of the executive branch and Congress from lobbying, and expanding the definition of lobbyist to prevent more revolving door activity.

But he has so far fully embraced lobbyists within his transition, and all signs point to a heavy influence from longtime Washington Republican circles on his transition. And with Trump mostly skipping detailed policy proposals during his campaign, these they can have a powerful impact on his agenda. 

Why it's difficult to predict what Trump will actually do as president

Leaders in his transition include former Rep. Mike Rogers, former Reagan Attorney General and Heritage Foundation fellow Edwin Meese, former President of Heritage Edwin Feulner, former Bush administration official and lobbyist Christine Ciccone, former Dick Cheney adviser Ado Machida, former Senate Budget Committee staffer Eric Ueland and former Sen. Jeff Sessions' chief of staff Rick Dearborn. The effort is chaired by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Trump counts former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Sessions as close advisers.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/index.html

I am just fine with 3/4 of those guys . at least none have blown up police stations back in the day

I'd think you'd be happy? :usflag: Should he be as devisive as the liberal minions running around causing havoc all over the country? 

Edited by JEFF
Added content

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I thought most of you supported Dump because 'he's gonna be different' :lol: Now the lobbyists and insiders are good.. :lmao: 

You should try being a humble loser once in a while.  You, mc and slinger are looking absolutely foolish right now.  It's embarrassing 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You should try being a humble loser once in a while.  You, mc and slinger are looking absolutely foolish right now.  It's embarrassing 

I've been very humble. :thumb:  You should pay attention :bc: 

I'm simply pointing out the forum hypocrisy?.  Is Dump 'draining the swamp'? :lol: And let me know when he starts building the wall.... :lmao: Did he lie?  

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I've been very humble. :thumb:  You should pay attention :bc: 

I'm simply pointing out the forum hypocrisy?.  Is Dump 'draining the swamp'? :lol: And let me know when he starts building the wall.... :lmao: Did he lie?  

You've been pretty active redirecting after your embarrassingly long duration with terms like madam president.   Not saying I support trump, nook anyhow but give the man a chance.  Let's see what he's got 

• Like 1