Check your account email address ×

SnoWest Cover

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Those guys are 1 out of 1000 sledders Vince. You know this. Also the fucking thing is $8000 :lol: 

You're wrong, I trailer and I know what I see heading north on the weekends.

Snowmobiling isn't a cheap sport.

THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF SNOWMOBILING

United States: $26 Billion annually

Canada: $ 8 Billion annually

Europe & Russia: $ 5 Billion annually

Over 100,000 full time jobs are generated by the snowmobile industry in North America. Those jobs are involved in manufacturing, dealerships and tourism related businesses. The average age of a snowmobiler is 4 5 years old. The average snowmobiler rides their snowmobile 1500 miles / 2414 km per year in North America. The average snowmobiler spends $3,374.26 each year on snowmobile -related recreation.

50% of snowmobilers trailer their snowmobiles to ride. 50% snowmobile from their primary residence or have a vacation home where they keep and use their snowmobiles. Snowmobilers are caring neighbors, they raised over $3 million for charity annually . There are 3000 + snowmobile clubs worldwide, involved in trail grooming, charity fund raising , & family activities.

http://www.snowmobile.org/docs/isma-snowmobiling-fact-book.pdf

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Have you heard of used sleds?  :flush: I wouldn't out my 10 year old on a brand new sled. Maybe I just couldn't afford it :lol: 

so tell me what used sled would you put your 10 yr old on to ride in CO?  8 k is real money but there will be a guy in 2 or 3 yrs who will be begging to give you 5k .

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you guys are on the trail sled and I agree you can do better than the blast for a trail sled for a kid . but nothing is out there for kids for deep snow but the snowbikes 

I’d agree. Bikes are way easier to ride in deep snow 

If this is Cat's focus, they're fucked. Sounds like team blue can make the Ctec 8 run without catching on fire but Cat absolutely needs to fix or move on from that PC pile of shit. Buddy with a T Cat has come back from Quebec on a flat bed 3 times in a row this year, soon as it's fixed AGAIN its already traded on a 900T. Friends with 6 n 800's still have to stop n chop ice out of the tunnel and ride behind the group and he's on his 3 set of plastics on the 800. Neither Estart's work, they spew coolant for no reason and the 800 barely beats my 1200 with a soft secondary spring only spinning 7200 rpm. Good lookin stuff but they are shit and this Blast makes no sense at all kinda like the Freestyle 

granted he sells them but this is what Chad at m&m said about them on jd after ridding them 

felt we had a great turnout and I'd say 99% great feedback, the 400 is surprisingly quick to 55mph with full size adults on it, I hooked up on some hard pack snow and got it to 69mph in a pretty short distance. The LT 146 rides A LOT better for bigger people than the ZR 121 model. They integrated the primary clutch bearing onto the powerbloc clutch so the belt is tight and no belt deflection(adjusting) needed and gives it nice low engagement. Many adults thought it would be a great sled for their teenagers and wives but would also serve as a good backup sled. On tight twisty trails I think you would shock a lot of people! Obviously on the rail road grades you're not going to keep up with the full size sleds.

All in all, I think it's an awesome package with a lot of potential and it fills a huge void in the currently sled line up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

If this is Cat's focus, they're fucked. Sounds like team blue can make the Ctec 8 run without catching on fire but Cat absolutely needs to fix or move on from that PC pile of shit. Buddy with a T Cat has come back from Quebec on a flat bed 3 times in a row this year, soon as it's fixed AGAIN its already traded on a 900T. Friends with 6 n 800's still have to stop n chop ice out of the tunnel and ride behind the group and he's on his 3 set of plastics on the 800. Neither Estart's work, they spew coolant for no reason and the 800 barely beats my 1200 with a soft secondary spring only spinning 7200 rpm. Good lookin stuff but they are shit and this Blast makes no sense at all kinda like the Freestyle 

Fucking nailed it. You are a smart and well regarded man obviously

Just now, Ez ryder said:

granted he sells them but this is what Chad at m&m said about them on jd after ridding them 

felt we had a great turnout and I'd say 99% great feedback, the 400 is surprisingly quick to 55mph with full size adults on it, I hooked up on some hard pack snow and got it to 69mph in a pretty short distance. The LT 146 rides A LOT better for bigger people than the ZR 121 model. They integrated the primary clutch bearing onto the powerbloc clutch so the belt is tight and no belt deflection(adjusting) needed and gives it nice low engagement. Many adults thought it would be a great sled for their teenagers and wives but would also serve as a good backup sled. On tight twisty trails I think you would shock a lot of people! Obviously on the rail road grades you're not going to keep up with the full size sleds.

All in all, I think it's an awesome package with a lot of potential and it fills a huge void in the currently sled line up.

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

kip says he got one up to like 70 . so the guys wife could run it the 1 day a yr she rides also 

That's all you need for the kids once they get done with the first year practice sled.

I bought a used 1980 Kawi Drifter 340, it was the starter for all three boys and all three schmucked a tree with it, although my youngest did it with spectacular fashion when he launched the sled off a Michigan mogul and the sled hit the tree about 5' high, my parents witnessed that horror, meanwhile I'm waiting at a stop sign and the middle son comes flying up and rear ends my ZR with a Z 440 :lol:

A little snowmobile trivia: The 1980 Drifter was actually built in TRF :bc:

Image result for 1980 kawasaki drifter 340

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

About time you made a good reply to this thread.:lol:

I’ve been killing it in here son , just stay clear and I won’t have to bite your face off

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's all you need for the kids once they get done with the first year practice sled.

I bought a used 1980 Kawi Drifter 340, it was the starter for all three boys and all three schmucked a tree with it, although my youngest did it with spectacular fashion when he launched the sled off a Michigan mogul and the sled hit the tree about 5' high, my parents witnessed that horror, meanwhile I'm waiting at a stop sign and the middle son comes flying up and rear ends my ZR with a Z 440 :lol:

A little snowmobile trivia: The 1980 Drifter was actually built in TRF :bc:

Image result for 1980 kawasaki drifter 340

My Dad bought a 77 Kawi/Sno Jet 440 SST. It had a Yamaha 440 and a Cat chaincase, gues what broke LoL

17 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

I’d agree. Bikes are way easier to ride in deep snow 

yeah my buds kids were on the rmk last yr and it sucked they were constantly washing out or could not get them over . stuck all the time . on the bikes now and almost never stuck . but do tip over from time to time and even I have a hard time picking one up in deep they won't be don't tbat for a few more yrs 

Im a cheap fuck like bhen. Bought my kids used stuff on the cheap and fixed them up. There are tons of people out there who can’t wrench and have deeper pockets than me. That’s what some of you are missing. Clean 340 and 440 starter sleds are getting harder to find. 10 years ago,they were everywhere. $750 got you a pretty nice one.