Check your account email address ×

Coronavirus

It's crazy I was listening to some stats on other virus's this morning. H1N1 killed 12K Americans. Where was the media when that happened? Why weren't they blaming Obama?

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It's crazy I was listening to some stats on other virus's this morning. H1N1 killed 12K Americans. Where was the media when that happened? Why weren't they blaming Obama?

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died. 

You seriously need to ask that?

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Obama waited what 6 months to declare an emergency....that emergency was then reinstated 3 more times after 

It's crazy how much our media sells panic and fear and people still buy it

Team retard here is a great example

Edited by washedupmxer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

That's a low year death wise for flu. 12k to 60k annually last 10 years. I've only heard one TV personality point that out. Coincidence?

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It's more of a rhetorical question. I know why I just like putting it out there. :)

If I recall H1N1 also hit age groups other than the elderly and very young.   It was much more serious because of that and it killed people without other conditions.

A United Kingdom investigation of risk factors for hospitalisation and poor outcome with pandemic A/H1N1 influenza looked at 631 patients from 55 hospitals admitted with confirmed infection from May through September 2009. 13% were admitted to a high dependency or intensive care unit and 5% died; 36% were aged <16 years and 5% were aged ≥65 years. Non-white and pregnant patients were over-represented. 45% of patients had at least one underlying condition, mainly asthma, and 13% received antiviral drugs before admission. Of 349 with documented chest x-rays on admission, 29% had evidence of pneumonia, but bacterial co-infection was uncommon. Multivariate analyses showed that physician-recorded obesity on admission and pulmonary conditions other than asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were associated with a severe outcome, as were radiologically confirmed pneumonia and a raised C-reactive protein (CRP) level (≥100 mg/l). 59% of all in-hospital deaths occurred in previously healthy people.[49]

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

If I recall H1N1 also hit age groups other than the elderly and very young.   It was much more serious because of that and it killed people without other conditions.

A United Kingdom investigation of risk factors for hospitalisation and poor outcome with pandemic A/H1N1 influenza looked at 631 patients from 55 hospitals admitted with confirmed infection from May through September 2009. 13% were admitted to a high dependency or intensive care unit and 5% died; 36% were aged <16 years and 5% were aged ≥65 years. Non-white and pregnant patients were over-represented. 45% of patients had at least one underlying condition, mainly asthma, and 13% received antiviral drugs before admission. Of 349 with documented chest x-rays on admission, 29% had evidence of pneumonia, but bacterial co-infection was uncommon. Multivariate analyses showed that physician-recorded obesity on admission and pulmonary conditions other than asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were associated with a severe outcome, as were radiologically confirmed pneumonia and a raised C-reactive protein (CRP) level (≥100 mg/l). 59% of all in-hospital deaths occurred in previously healthy people.[49]

Not only that but mortality rates in other countries were creeping towards 50%

Just now, washedupmxer said:

This  could become a seasonal thing for us wonder if these guys are going to panic like this every year

Depends on who is in the WH and how close we are to an election. 

• Thanks 1