Check your account email address ×

Rumors

Anler

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have no reason to question him. He is a Skidoo tuner , has tuned several 900t sleds for their owners and owns a sled shop and several very fast sleds himself. His stock 1200 has run better times than the isr triple 4 stroke record holder so it’s an excellent example

Sure thing. But you've never actually have seen this momentous event happen. A stock 130ish hp slightly heavier sled beating a 175-180 hp sled. Trust me, I know what "stock' means as well. Without a power adder a great running 1200 could maybe eck out a win now and then against a true stock etec8. 

Edited by J. Jackson

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Sure thing. But you've never actually have seen this momentous event happen. A stock 130ish hp slightly heavier sled beating a 175-180 hp sled. Trust me, I know what "stock' means as well. Without a power adder a great running 1200 could maybe eck out a win now and then against a true stock etec8. 

He said from a 50 roll the 1200 walked away. He said his 1200 was about 5mph faster on top end than the 900t

we have all read how pathetic the top speeds guys are posting out of there 900s are. It’s not hard to believe.

The 1200 is an over achiever and the 900t is a slug for the hp it makes. Simple as that.

im not saying these results are typical...just an example

Wow,  I would be impressed if Mach Z returns with 1200 with 3 or 4 pounds boosted. but if just a 180 hp tune from brp based on 900 ace then its gonna be just as lame as this 600 ace turbo ( if it true ) could be one lame ass for 2021.  Mach Z + 900T just doesnt mix well my 2 cents. 

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Wow,  I would be impressed if Mach Z returns with 1200 with 3 or 4 pounds boosted. but if just a 180 hp tune from brp based on 900 ace then its gonna be just as lame as this 600 ace turbo ( if it true ) could be one lame ass for 2021.  Mach Z + 900T just doesnt mix well my 2 cents. 

Yeah they better not put a gay engine in a Mach Z

I'd love to know how to make a XS 1200 run better than the XR. I had a 09' with all the mods and it was beast!  My 17' is clutched and runs at 8700 rpm but in no way is even close to the pull my 09' had. I've seen way too many mixed reviews on tunes for the XS, so I didn't spend the time or money to even try it.  

7 minutes ago, Doorider said:

I'd love to know how to make a XS 1200 run better than the XR. I had a 09' with all the mods and it was beast!  My 17' is clutched and runs at 8700 rpm but in no way is even close to the pull my 09' had. I've seen way too many mixed reviews on tunes for the XS, so I didn't spend the time or money to even try it.  

What primary?

17 hours ago, f7ben said:

@jtssrx

get in here and police these fools

Mine’s not stock and the 900 after some clutching is a little faster than my 850. However my buddy with the 900 had an SRX last year. He would put 2 bus lengths on me in 660 in a 1000 feet he was in the next County. I think if I get my clutches right I can beat the tuned 900. That was never a possibility against the sidewinder. If skidoo is building a mach z it better be able to beat a tuned winder. 

i heard last night it’s going to be a mach 1 with 195hp. Not sure it’s 2 or 4 stroke 

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Mine’s not stock and the 900 after some clutching is a little faster than my 850. However my buddy with the 900 had an SRX last year. He would put 2 bus lengths on me in 660 in a 1000 feet he was in the next County. I think if I get my clutches right I can beat the tuned 900. That was never a possibility against the sidewinder. If skidoo is building a mach z it better be able to beat a tuned winder. 

i heard last night it’s going to be a mach 1 with 195hp. Not sure it’s 2 or 4 stroke 

If skidoo is building a Mach it better be competitive with a stock winder. Nothing they could do to the 900t could get it to run with a stock winder

5 hours ago, jtssrx said:

just like the can am does with the 900

On 2/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, ACE said:

The 1200 is a significantly stronger engine and could have put out as much hp NA as the 900T does boosted 

Who gives a fuck? Drag racers aka .01% of sled buyers?

On 2/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, f7ben said:

Don’t bother..... the idiot thinks mpg is the measure of an engine. The perfect doo fanboi

It’s one of many measures. I can’t think of a single thing my 1200’s did better than my 900T and everyone else who’s had both agrees with me.

And I’m the exact opposite of a doo fanboi. None of my clothing is ski-doo except for my BV2S. I’ve been waiting for years for polaris or Yamaha to come out with a nice 4 stroke, because honestly, I hate ski-jew as a company.

Edited by rump-rider

57 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Who gives a fuck? Drag racers aka .01% of sled buyers?

It’s one of many measures. I can’t think of a single thing my 1200’s did better than my 900T and everyone else who’s had both agrees with me.

And I’m the exact opposite of a doo fanboi. None of my clothing is ski-doo except for my BV2S. I’ve been waiting for years for polaris or Yamaha to come out with a nice 4 stroke, because honestly, I hate ski-jew as a company.

Put the 1200 in the g4 chassis and give it the hp it was intended to have and it’s a way better sled than the 900

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

If skidoo is building a Mach it better be competitive with a stock winder. Nothing they could do to the 900t could get it to run with a stock winder

It was never intended to.  Nice to see that it beats the 850s on less gas and no oil though.  No one cares about overweight lake racers any more.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

It was never intended to.  Nice to see that it beats the 850s on less gas and no oil though.  No one cares about overweight lake racers any more.

If they put the 1200 in that chassis with a turbo setup it would weigh about 12lbs more and would do everything you think your current sled does and it would destroy a winder at every step of the way.