Check your account email address ×

Spent a little time on a new 2019 Polaris Pro-S SB 600

f7ben

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

You should stand up every now and and let your legs get a little workout. 

I can’t stand up and ride without adding significant rise to the bars. I’m not 5’ nothing like you gnomes

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hmmm. Every set of pror shocks I service get stiffened up. I add rebound dampening to the IFS shocks. Add massive Compression dampening to the center shock and add slight compression dampening to the rear shock. 

Most people here feel they are too soft for the kind of riding we have. 

I have done almost the same with any I have serviced and always change 1 or 2 shims to make the rebound slower in the rear.  I have never rode one that was too stiff out of the box.  Not sure why polaris misses the mark so badly on their production sleds.  And for god sake give us rebound adjustment on the rear shock.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I have done almost the same with any I have serviced and always change 1 or 2 shims to make the rebound slower in the rear.  I have never rode one that was too stiff out of the box.  Not sure why polaris misses the mark so badly on their production sleds.  And for god sake give us rebound adjustment on the rear shock.

With the compression set to zero on the consumer walkers in the scaffold skids they are ok but at that point they are sprung so softly that you bottom. It’s really like they are setting them up for 120lb sx riders

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

With the compression set to zero on the consumer walkers in the scaffold skids they are ok but at that point they are sprung so softly that you bottom. It’s really like they are setting them up for 120lb sx riders

Thats why i had to go with hygear springs. Everything set to max and stock springs cranked down to max in the owners manual, when i stepped on the sled i was at 75% of sag..Got the Hygear springs, now im riding in 25% sag with the occasional bottom out on a big hit.. Also All my shocks were down oil direct from the factory..

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thats why i had to go with hygear springs. Everything set to max and stock springs cranked down to max in the owners manual, when i stepped on the sled i was at 75% of sag..Got the Hygear springs, now im riding in 25% sag with the occasional bottom out on a big hit.. Also All my shocks were down oil direct from the factory..

So you too needed more dampening to get the shocks to ride correctly. 

WTF is wrong with Ben. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

WTF is wrong with Ben. 

No the springs were just to soft, I ended up selling the stock front springs to Anler, His assault springs were to stiff for his liking I believe..with the stock springs cranked down to the max I still couldnt get a proper ride height and was getting coil bind in the front..First pic is with stock springs, second is with hygear.

mms_img-316854690.jpg

mms_img1427171713.jpg

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

The new 600 etec runs pretty strong. I bet it will hang with the 800s up to about 80 then it creeps up to 90. Real nice engine package. Still rather have an 800 for the lakes and RR grades. Going a hundo plus adds to the fun factor.

It definitely doesn't feel like a 600.  I would bet its right there with an 800Etec til about 75. We should have lined that one up against your Blizzard. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hmmm. Every set of pror shocks I service get stiffened up. I add rebound dampening to the IFS shocks. Add massive Compression dampening to the center shock and add slight compression dampening to the rear shock. 

Most people here feel they are too soft for the kind of riding we have. 

I've got an xcr and find it soft. Reeves said the same thing.  I'd believe a guy who rebuilds shocks for all types over bhent who can't tune worth a damn and wrecks most of what he touches.   Guy tunes a sled and makes it slower.    I know another guy like that :lol: 

• Haha 2

I had issues with the shocks and springs on my assault initially but I think that is how that sled is supposed to be, for off trail or ditch banging it would work pretty good but for trail riding I had to put everything on full soft. It ride good but firm. I swapped the ski springs and rear torsion springs and had Goodwin revalve the shocks. I would say it rides comparable to a skidoo or cat now. But my sled accelerates alot faster.   

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

WTF is wrong with Ben. 

same with me on my 16 SBA  i could crank up the rear and still bottom. the front are OK   and it RIPS right up to 90+ and will over rev if i hold it pinned for long. rips right past 82-300rpm

Edited by old indy