Check your account email address ×

Limbaugh Has Advanced Lung Cancer

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Yep. Me too. I was hard charging GOP. Getting lied to over Iraq was to much. I’ll put up with the craziness of the liberal dems before stepping back into that deceitful pit of lies and death. 

:bullshit:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd rather enjoy a little shorter life than trying do what it takes to extend it out to the maximum.  Its all a balance.   Seen guys so healthy it looked like they would live to 100 only die before they were 60.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'd rather enjoy a little shorter life than trying do what it takes to extend it out to the maximum.  Its all a balance.   Seen guys so healthy it looked like they would live to 100 only die before they were 60.  

Word

Just now, Highmark said:

YUP

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

See it all the time. People stop living because they think it will make them live longer.  people always like to rationalize others deaths with themselves.

Did you hear John Smith died? 

Smoker???!!! 

yeah.

sigh of relief

He was hit by a bus, though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

See it all the time. People stop living because they think it will make them live longer.  people always like to rationalize others deaths with themselves.

Smoker???!!! 

yeah.

sigh of relief

I got tons of cancer in my dads side and heart issues on my mom's.   I'm gonna live it up the little while I'm here. 

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Smoker???!!! 

yeah.

sigh of relief

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I got tons of cancer in my dads side and heart issues on my mom's.   I'm gonna live it up the little while I'm here. 

Good genes on dads side.  They all live to 100 .  Shit genes on moms side dead by 50.  Take after my mom.  I’m a walking heat attack.  Cholesterol is off the charts. Enjoy life while you can, there are no guarantees.   Some don’t even Get to make it to be  adults 

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Good genes on dads side.  They all live to 100 .  Shit genes on moms side dead by 50.  Take after my mom.  I’m a walking heat attack.  Cholesterol is off the charts. Enjoy life while you can, there are no guarantees.   Some don’t even Get to make it to be  adults 

Realistically anything after 60-65 is a bonus in my book considering the family history.  My dad had 10 siblings.  3 died from cancer before 65 and 5 others have had it.  The guy who has taken the least care of himself seems to have the best health.  Go figure.  Not the same amount of cancer outside this particular family so there is some chance part of it could be environmental from the small farm they grew up on.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Realistically anything after 60-65 is a bonus in my book considering the family history.  My dad had 10 siblings.  3 died from cancer before 65 and 5 others have had it.  The guy who has taken the least care of himself seems to have the best health.  Go figure.  

I’m thinking the same.  If I make it 60- 65 I’ll be pleased.  I work in a filthy toxic environment to boot.  I have everything working against me.  

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I’m thinking the same.  If I make it 60- 65 I’ll be pleased.  I work in a filthy toxic environment to boot.  I have everything working against me.  

I have to retire before the asbestos gets me and I am already into the latency period. Right now I am planned to retire at 59. If I can duck out sooner I will. Hopefully the world isn't all fucked up by then, I'd like to see a bunch more of it. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I have to retire before the asbestos gets me and I am already into the latency period. Right now I am planned to retire at 59. If I can duck out sooner I will. Hopefully the world isn't all fucked up by then, I'd like to see a bunch more of it. 

I turn 60 in a few days. Outlived both my parents already. My sisters are 75 and 78. Both going strong and have excellent quality of life. Both parents had some shitty habits. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I turn 60 in a few days. Outlived both my parents already. My sisters are 75 and 78. Both going strong and have excellent quality of life. Both parents had some shitty habits. 

Im right behind you. 59 in about 2 weeks. 

I spent 35 years in the upstream side of the oil and gas industry. I was exposed to Benzene and many other toxic chemicals every day. Luckily the company I worked for was very proactive with regards to personal chemical exposure. I was wearing gas badges (devices that measure the toxicity of the air I breathed in) since the early 80’s. We were informed of the exposure immediately and provided with either PPE or a engineered mechanical fix to the issue. 

Im fairly confident I will live till Im 80 unless killed in an accident. 

I retired way early (at 55) so that we could start enjoying life. No one knows how many laps we get to make on this spitball  im not working until my last lap