Check your account email address ×

Did you hear?

Anler

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have a lot to say about it because I was raised in a fundamental evangelical household and had the bullshit shoved down my throat for over 20 years.

You had a lot of high jacked satanic led twisted dogma  bullshit shoved down your throat, so did I. Ironic that you openly praise and feel sympathy for your true enemy of what half the time you claim to despise. You are very conflicted, that’s easy for me to see. 

Edited by bussman

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have a lot to say about it because I was raised in a fundamental evangelical household and had the bullshit shoved down my throat for over 20 years.

No wonder you’re such a fuckin fruitcake. :lol: 

1 hour ago, bussman said:

You had a lot of high jacked satanic led twisted dogma  bullshit shoved down your throat, so did I. Ironic that you openly praise and feel sympathy for your true enemy of what half the time you claim to despise. You are very conflicted, that’s easy for me to see. 

I empathize with the character of satan.

He is a myth,  just like all gods and demons and spirits and fantasy

I empathize with his character because he was created to play the part of the opposite of light. The yin to the yang necessary to have a good and evil.

He didn't choose his part 

56 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No wonder you’re such a fuckin fruitcake. :lol: 

I would bet there’s a lot of us in here that were pushed into religion growing up that have gone in the other direction as an adult. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You got gut hooked into buying Jimmy and Tammy steak knives didn't you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I empathize with his character because he was created to play the part of the opposite of light. The yin to the yang necessary to have a good and evil.

The part that killed religion for me (regardless of all of the other hyprcrisies) was that God watches over me all the time and does nothing but judge me but Satan actively conspires against me? And why should I pray to God and be thankful? 

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I would bet there’s a lot of us in here that were pushed into religion growing up that have gone in the other direction as an adult. 

My moms family is very religious, my fathers family is conveniently religious but regular church goers. I went thru the whole thing growing up, communion, confirmation, yada yada. And honestly i tried to be it. I just never felt it. Maybe that is because satan stole me early on. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well I disagree. 

Now let’s plan our next sled ride. :bc: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

There is just as many if not more coming into it as well.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

The part that killed religion for me (regardless of all of the other hyprcrisies) was that God watches over me all the time and does nothing but judge me but Satan actively conspires against me? And why should I pray to God and be thankful? 

That’s simply not true once you step away from the organized pushed religion narratives. Those are used to control us. Fuck that.  Jesus didn’t want a brick and mortar “church” in his name. Look at the time he got the most angry, it was at organized religion. Once you move past all that you get see God’s grace much more clearly. 

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

That’s simply not true once you step away from the organized pushed religion narratives. Those are used to control us. Fuck that.  Jesus didn’t want a brick and mortar “church” in his name. Look at the time he got the most angry, it was at organized religion. Once you move past all that you get see God’s grace much more clearly. 

Well thats just it, i dont subscribe to a religious ideology, and I didnt grow up catholic. I do subscribe to the teachings of Jesus because that is an honorable philiosphy to live ones life by. But I think most self proclaimed "christians" are far from that model. For me the litmus test for all things is "what would Jesus do?" because ultimately that is the right thing to do. Is that what I do? Not always but I try. Do I believe Jesus still exists? Believing in an invisible omnipotent being that really does nothing is a hard pill to swallow when you step back and think about it. If this wasnt something that you have been beaten over the head with your entire life would you believe that story? Honestly would you? 

If I came to you and told you about a guy in the sky named Scooby Doo and he has a plan for us and this is what we need to do. You cant see him or talk to him and he wont do anything for you but he is there, out there always watching would you listen? . Or would you think I have lost my mind?

I do believe that you get back what you put out there. If you put out positive energy you get back positive energy. If you put out negative energy you attract negative energy. Does that mean God is at work? I dont know and which god because this isnt an exclusively religious idea. I guess Ill find out when I die. :dunno: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Not even close retard

When we were kids your parents brought you to church. It was the norm. We didn't bring our kids to church in anywhere near the same numbers. So it's only normal that the church going population is shrinking. ASide from checking out pussy as a 12 yr old, church was the worst part of my life. It was boring and I knew it was all bullshit.

Science has been killing god ever since the church wasnt allowed to brand scientists heretics and burn them alive to cleanse their sins. 

Funny how that works

Edited by f7ben

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When we were kids your parents brought you to church. It was the norm. We didn't bring our kids to church in anywhere near the same numbers. So it's only normal that the church going population is shrinking. ASide from checking out pussy as a 12 yr old, church was the worst part of my life. It was boring and I knew it was all bullshit.

Ditto. Church is torture. 

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What does going to church have to do with believing in a higher order.

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well thats just it, i dont subscribe to a religious ideology, and I didnt grow up catholic. I do subscribe to the teachings of Jesus because that is an honorable philiosphy to live ones life by. But I think most self proclaimed "christians" are far from that model. For me the litmus test for all things is "what would Jesus do?" because ultimately that is the right thing to do. Is that what I do? Not always but I try. Do I believe Jesus still exists? Believing in an invisible omnipotent being that really does nothing is a hard pill to swallow when you step back and think about it. If this wasnt something that you have been beaten over the head with your entire life would you believe that story? Honestly would you? 

If I came to you and told you about a guy in the sky named Scooby Doo and he has a plan for us and this is what we need to do. You cant see him or talk to him and he wont do anything for you but he is there, out there always watching would you listen? . Or would you think I have lost my mind?

I do believe that you get back what you put out there. If you put out positive energy you get back positive energy. If you put out negative energy you attract negative energy. Does that mean God is at work? I dont know and which god because this isnt an exclusively religious idea. I guess Ill find out when I die. :dunno: 

Believing the universe(s) and our planet was created, by chance against all mathematical and scientific probability takes even more faith.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Science has been killing god ever since the church wasnt allowed to brand scientists heretics and burn them alive to cleanse their sins. 

Funny how that works

You’ve allowed science to become your god and manipulate your thinking exactly the same way organized religion did in the past. 

Funny how that works. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Believing the universe(s) and our planet was created, by chance against all mathematical and scientific probability takes even more faith.

2 excellent statements. 

6 minutes ago, bussman said:

You’ve allowed science to become your god and manipulate your thinking exactly the same way organized religion did in the past. 

Funny how that works. 

Nope , I've allowed science to explain things that previously were a mystery

When a scientist says.....The sun will go black at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon....and then it does???? Well I believe him when he tells me why.

I literally still have friends who are so fucking retarded they think God cause eclipses and famines and shit as punishment. 

Fuck me,  ignorance is bliss I guess 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope , I've allowed science to explain things that previously were a mystery

When a scientist says.....The sun will go black at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon....and then it does???? Well I believe him when he tells me why.

I literally still have friends who are so fucking retarded they think God cause eclipses and famines and shit as punishment. 

Fuck me,  ignorance is bliss I guess 

:lol:

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh for sure but we are still learning about the universe and everything in it. To say it was all created by some magical guy 6,000 years ago sounds like more bullshit. And that is based on the words written by another guy which cannot be verified by ANY guy... well I have some beach front property in Arizona that you are going to love! Swear to God. :bc:  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

My moms family is very religious, my fathers family is conveniently religious but regular church goers. I went thru the whole thing growing up, communion, confirmation, yada yada. And honestly i tried to be it. I just never felt it. Maybe that is because satan stole me early on. :lol: 

same-  fuck I even graduated from a Catholic College