Check your account email address ×

Did you hear?

Anler

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Once upon a time, the belief was the universe existed forever.  Although, Christians always believed the universe was created, (or came into existence).  The science now supports the universe had a beginning.

Once we understand what we have termed dark matter, I think we'll get a much better grasp of what is going on and what will likely happen.

3 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

It most certainly has a beginning and likely an end.  The big question is it circular.  Does it form, change, expand to a point, then retract only to start over again.

The prevalent theory now is that's it expands until energy dissipates and then contracts until it reaches a singularity and then it blows up again.

Infinite series of big bounces with no beginning and no end

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The prevalent theory now is that's it expands until energy dissipates and then contracts until it reaches a singularity and then it blows up again.

Yep.  That makes the most sense as well.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Energy as in fusion of lighter atoms to heavier ones...  Once all the hydrogen is gone, expansion may stop.  :thumbsup:

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

Energy as in fusion of lighter atoms to heavier ones...  Once all the hydrogen is gone, expansion may stop.  :thumbsup:

Depends on how the quantum mechanics and dark energy and matter end up being explained.

There is more that we dont know than what we've figured out

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

This thread wants to make me kill myself now.

Too many multi syllable words? 

Or did your wife put the computer on top of the fridge again and you can barely read it ??.?

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Too many multi syllable words? 

Or did your wife put the computer on top of the fridge again and you can barely read it ??.?

No...but you googling quantum mechanic and dark matter theory then spewing it out here make me want to shoot my brain out.

:lol: 

No...but you googling quantum mechanic and dark matter theory then spewing it out here make me want to shoot my brain out.

I love astrophysics and theoretical physics. I wish I was smart enough to understand it better. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I love astrophysics and theoretical physics. I wish I was smart enough to understand it better. 

Not me.  Most of it is so hypothetic, it hardly makes much sense to bother understanding it at all.  Truth is, we'll never really know.....ever...none of us.  Leave all that to the egg heads to worry about.  All they are trying to do is impress each other with their theories anyway.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not me.  Most of it is so hypothetic, it hardly makes much sense to bother understanding it at all.  Truth is, we'll never really know.....ever...none of us.  Leave all that to the egg heads to worry about.  All they are trying to do is impress each other with their theories anyway.

That's fucking retarded.....theres really smart people out there working on incredible stuff

Just now, f7ben said:

That's fucking retarded.....theres really smart people out there working on incredible stuff

I didn't say there wasn't.  I'm saying I don't care because none can prove without any doubt that any of their theories are factual....and they never will be able to either  Just because they all agree with each other on one flavor ot theory, doesn't make it true and fact.  If you believe that enough "experts" on a subject all agreeing on their idea that they cannot prove makes it real, shouldn't you believe in God too?

Image result for think gif

33 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

It most certainly has a beginning and likely an end.  The big question is it circular.  Does it form, change, expand to a point, then retract only to start over again.

Why, what is causing it?  More importantly why are universes and planets created from the aftermath.  That is silly.

You know when the expanding universe realization did a number on the present day of the time forever universe theory, the data was suppressed to not give ammo for the creationists who seemed to be correct all along.

So other theories like multiverse with zero scientific basis were invented to keep the faith.:bc:

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I didn't say there wasn't.  I'm saying I don't care because none can prove without any doubt that any of their theories are factual....and they never will be able to either  Just because they all agree with each other on one flavor ot theory, doesn't make it true and fact.  If you believe that enough "experts" on a subject all agreeing on their idea that they cannot prove makes it real, shouldn't you believe in God too?

Image result for think gif

There is zero science being experimented here.:lol:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why, what is causing it?  More importantly why are universes and planets created from the aftermath.  That is silly.

You know when the expanding universe realization did a number on the present day of the time forever universe theory, the data was suppressed to not give ammo for the creationists who seemed to be correct all along.

So other theories like multiverse with zero scientific basis were invented to keep the faith.:bc:

Are you questioning gravity here?

The science vs. faith debates are the most entertaining.

Science enables us to talk to each other at the speed of light. Faith enables nothing but guilt

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The science vs. faith debates are the most entertaining.

Its all faith, some just don't acknowledge it and cling to something far beyond their understanding.

Science left the conversation along time ago.