Check your account email address ×

Did you hear?

Anler

Just now, bussman said:

Don’t know, it’s not specifically stated. I say no. 

So god is not omnipotent???

You'd be the first Christian I ever met that would say as much

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So god is not omnipotent???

You'd be the first Christian I ever met that would say as much

Omnipotent in our reality/existence yes he is. How or where he and Satan exist before that isn’t said. 

And omniscient would be the more accurate term. 

Edited by bussman

6 minutes ago, bussman said:

Omnipotent in our reality/existence yes he is. How or where he and Satan exist before that isn’t said. 

And omniscient would be the more accurate term. 

That is not what the bible says

1 minute ago, bussman said:

It doesn’t specifically say either way. Link the scripture though, maybe I’m wrong, I haven’t read the OT in awhile. 

Colossians 1:6 “For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.”

Just now, f7ben said:

He created Satan and the  gave him dominion over earth.

What kind of sadist would do that to his creations

Nothing is said about him “creating” Satan. Satan did receive dominion over earth and that’s pretty clearly explained.

And a sadist wouldn’t come down to earth as a human to die to save his creation. A sadist would watch and revel in the torture of it all......just like Satan does. 

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Nothing is said about him “creating” Satan. Satan did receive dominion over earth and that’s pretty clearly explained.

And a sadist wouldn’t come down to earth as a human to die to save his creation. A sadist would watch and revel in the torture of it all......just like Satan does. 

The story says he created satan....sorry bro

39 minutes ago, bussman said:

That answer gets back to God the creator and Satan the god of this world. If you don’t believe in that it’s harder to explain. Basically after the fall of man the earth became Satan’s. He is the loser case god of this world. He only has to follow specific rules of the universe. Like declare his intent. Which he does, but we ironically don’t believe it. 

In the end God wins, that’s all that matters to me. And I also am starting to believe that God reveals himself to all of us and if we just try to do good and am sorry when we do wrong that’s something called Christ consciousness. Organized Christianity was run by satanists to steer us away from this. 

This is just how I’m seeing this now, JMO. 

I don’t prescribe to that set of beliefs. In the 3rd grade I was like, this is bullshit. Spent the next several years pretending to believe in order to appease. I have my beliefs. It’s just not in the formation of all that. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The story says he created satan....sorry bro

No it doesn’t. Sorry bro. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t prescribe to that set of beliefs. In the 3rd grade I was like, this is bullshit. Spent the next several years pretending to believe in order to appease. I have my beliefs. It’s just not in the formation of all that. 

We all see things differently. :bc: 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No, their interpretation does. If you subscribe to that view of it go ahead. Some people do the same thing with the rapture, I don’t agree with that either. In the end though I don’t know either way. 

If you want to view Satan as a sympathetic figure that one is on you, that won’t end well. 

28 minutes ago, bussman said:

No it doesn’t. Sorry bro. 

We all see things differently. :bc: 

As far as the satan thing.....even god needs a boogeymen to remain relevant. So why not create one? After all, god created man in his image. As the song goes, “weapon out and belly in”.