Check your account email address ×

Remember when Republicans were pissed off about this?

During his eight years in office, President Obama took full advantage of vacation time, a vast majority of which was on the taxpayer’s dime. So how much in the end did all the trips to Hawaii, Martha’s Vineyard, and Florida cost us? McClatchy DC’s Anita Kumar did some calculating and arrived at some rather stunning numbers, including the grand total: $85 million.

“As America’s first family enjoys its eighth and final vacation in Hawaii, new estimates put the price tag of the Obamas’ annual trip at $3.5 million or more,” writes Kumar. “In total, the cost of the the first family’s personal or largely personal travel during the last eight years comes to $85 million – though that is likely to climb to $90 million after additional records are released, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch based on federal government records.

So how in the world did he rack up such a bill? The exorbitant costs of Air Force One (nearly $180,000 per hour), for starters, then add all the security costs, as Kumar notes, “helicopters, cargo planes, armored cars, Secret Service protection and advance, communications and medical staff.” Throw on the costs of the Obamas’ location of choice, Hawaii, and you get millions and millions billed to taxpayers.

And then Trump said. “I won’t have time for vacations or golf”.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

During his eight years in office, President Obama took full advantage of vacation time, a vast majority of which was on the taxpayer’s dime. So how much in the end did all the trips to Hawaii, Martha’s Vineyard, and Florida cost us? McClatchy DC’s Anita Kumar did some calculating and arrived at some rather stunning numbers, including the grand total: $85 million.

“As America’s first family enjoys its eighth and final vacation in Hawaii, new estimates put the price tag of the Obamas’ annual trip at $3.5 million or more,” writes Kumar. “In total, the cost of the the first family’s personal or largely personal travel during the last eight years comes to $85 million – though that is likely to climb to $90 million after additional records are released, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch based on federal government records.

So how in the world did he rack up such a bill? The exorbitant costs of Air Force One (nearly $180,000 per hour), for starters, then add all the security costs, as Kumar notes, “helicopters, cargo planes, armored cars, Secret Service protection and advance, communications and medical staff.” Throw on the costs of the Obamas’ location of choice, Hawaii, and you get millions and millions billed to taxpayers.

And then Trump said. “I won’t have time for vacations or golf”.  :lol:

how does this effect your life?

Just now, Skidooski said:

If only Trump would go on trips and play dress up with costumes all the time. The it would really be over the top funny

That would be pretty great. 

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If only Trump would go on trips and play dress up with costumes all the time. The it would really be over the top funny

Trump could wear drag, black face and wipe his Ass with the flag, wipe KFC off his face with the Declaration of Independence and you’d still make excuses.  :taunt:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Snake used to be really pissed about it. Imagine if Obama was staying at and golfing at his own resorts on the tax payer tit? I think he would have had a stroke. 

It was funny then considering Bush took more vacation time than Clinton or Obama. But @Snake  probably struggles with math. 

With Obama’s current 11-day trip to Hawaii included (a trip which began Dec. 23 and is expected to end Jan. 2), he took a total of 29 vacations, which spanned all or part of 228 days – or an average of just under a month of vacation time a year. 

Kumar compares that to Bush’s vacation record, which Knoller says included 77 visits to his Texas ranch, which spanned all or part of 490 days, as well as 11 visits to his parent’s home in Kennebunkport, Maine, adding another 43 days, totaling 533 days. (The Washington Post falsely claimed Bush took 879 days of vacation.)

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Trump could wear drag, black face and wipe his Ass with the flag, wipe KFC off his face with the Declaration of Independence and you’d still make excuses.  :taunt:

Sounds just like someone else we know  :read:

But I still think it would be way more funny if Trump were in Indian garb with prayer hands and a red dot, or Black face (could you imagine the outrage over that here?) or best yet....Trump in Drag.

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It was funny then considering Bush took more vacation time than Clinton or Obama. But @Snake  probably struggles with math. 

With Obama’s current 11-day trip to Hawaii included (a trip which began Dec. 23 and is expected to end Jan. 2), he took a total of 29 vacations, which spanned all or part of 228 days – or an average of just under a month of vacation time a year. 

Kumar compares that to Bush’s vacation record, which Knoller says included 77 visits to his Texas ranch, which spanned all or part of 490 days, as well as 11 visits to his parent’s home in Kennebunkport, Maine, adding another 43 days, totaling 533 days. (The Washington Post falsely claimed Bush took 879 days of vacation.) 

Imagine that. 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Sounds just like someone else we know  :read:

But I still think it would be way more funny if Trump were in Indian garb with prayer hands and a red dot, or Black face (could you imagine the outrage over that here?) or best yet....Trump in Drag.

Yeah Trudeau really sucks. But I console myself knowing he only spent 200 grand on his Christmas vacation. (Not that Irv,shit tickler, Momo and the other Canadian PAB’s didn’t cry about that for weeks. ).  He lies about 1% as often as Trump and his scheer idiot opponent lied about his previous job and embezzled money from his own party. As shitty a Scheer is, he’s 10 times the leader Trump is. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s easy if you try.  

I am sure you know about that.  The left leaning media has it very easy with their base voters.

BTW, are you keeping track of congress and their vacations?

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Here comes the “life long Democrat “ white knighting for Trump again. :taunt:

Aww, poor Barbie hands, the bad orange man hurt her feelings again..It will be okay Barb, I promise..Head to your cry closet today as needed..:bc:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I did, 20 years of it not counting growing up on sleds 

Putting 2 kids though college is my priority now 

Spring break will be a good start to using days 

What ?  No sledding?