Check your account email address ×

FXR F.A.S.T Technology

15 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I don't know about their bibs/jackets/onesies , but my kid has FXR boots and I've yet to hear him complain about his feet being cold :dunno:

I love my X cross boots.  Made exceptionally well and works exactly as advertised.  Although, I was bitching at them about the tiny strap loops after I broke one and decided to run 550 cord for them (I couldn’t find any long enough locally)  I had to use tiny needle nose and a lot of F-bombs!!!  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Went all FXR this year after Scotty Sidewinder did last year. He was very pleased so I went for it. Got a jacket, bibs boots for around $450ish if I remember. Bought last years stuff online and saved a shit ton.

Love the assheater on my sled.

See above

I think they make great gear.  I’ve never heard anyone I know complain about it.  It has gotten spendy though.

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

Went all FXR this year after Scotty Sidewinder did last year. He was very pleased so I went for it. Got a jacket, bibs boots for around $450ish if I remember. Bought last years stuff online and saved a shit ton.

Love the assheater on my sled.

See above

That was the trip that prompted me to buy one... 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I love my X cross boots.  Made exceptionally well and works exactly as advertised.  Although, I was bitching at them about the tiny strap loops after I broke one and decided to run 550 cord for them (I couldn’t find any long enough locally)  I had to use tiny needle nose and a lot of F-bombs!!!  :lmao:

I think they make great gear.  I’ve never heard anyone I know complain about it.  It has gotten spendy though.

I still have a bunch of that.  Good stuff right there  :bc:

5 hours ago, irv said:

I have actually thought about getting a windbreaker jacket to wear underneath my coat to help block the wind but I'm afraid it will make me too hot? 

Like I mentioned earlier, I've tried a bunch of things and have it now where it is a lot less cold than what it use to be but on some fairly cold days, I still feel it in my chest. 

It's frustrating as my everyday coat that my wife paid $60 dollars for at Sears some years ago provides better wind protection than what my much more expensive FXR jacket does. 

The wind breaker I'm talking about is just a lite wearing out from the house to truck to store kinda jacket. 

For really cold days I layer good with a good merino wool long sleeve, sweater and a big fleece pull over. Never an issue to -25/-30c. Even I'm not interested in riding under those temps these days unless I have to.

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

The wind breaker I'm talking about is just a lite wearing out from the house to truck to store kinda jacket. 

For really cold days I layer good with a good merino wool long sleeve, sweater and a big fleece pull over. Never an issue to -25/-30c. Even I'm not interested in riding under those temps these days unless I have to.

Yeah, I got that but was curious what your thoughts were of wearing something similar/same underneath a jacket? Like I mentioned, I assume that would likely cause me to get too hot then sweat?

I haven't tried the Merino wool clothing from MWWH but have used, the past few years, their Dri-Wear stuff with decent results. The last few years, although nothing has been real cold out during that time, I've just stuck with just the Dri -wear, a thin turtleneck then a heavier sweater and it has worked out fairly well.

When I bought my FXR suit I honestly thought being cold would be a thing of the past dressing normally underneath it but that wasn't the case. My legs are never cold but they are never in the wind like my chest is. I could never figure out how those with the real small windshields never got cold but yet I did wearing the same gear? 

16 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, I got that but was curious what your thoughts were of wearing something similar/same underneath a jacket? Like I mentioned, I assume that would likely cause me to get too hot then sweat?

I haven't tried the Merino wool clothing from MWWH but have used, the past few years, their Dri-Wear stuff with decent results. The last few years, although nothing has been real cold out during that time, I've just stuck with just the Dri -wear, a thin turtleneck then a heavier sweater and it has worked out fairly well.

When I bought my FXR suit I honestly thought being cold would be a thing of the past dressing normally underneath it but that wasn't the case. My legs are never cold but they are never in the wind like my chest is. I could never figure out how those with the real small windshields never got cold but yet I did wearing the same gear? 

No it wouldn't make a good insert to a bigger jacket. FXR does sell more dedicated jackets for under a heavier coat. My fxr is a 2 in 1. It could be a bit of wind getting into your jacket through the zipper.

Edited by Reevester

21 minutes ago, Reevester said:

No it wouldn't make a good insert to a bigger jacket. FXR does sell more dedicated jackets for under a heavier coat. My fxr is a 2 in 1. It could be a bit of wind getting into your jacket through the zipper.

My zipper is covered by a magnetic flap that works fairly decent, imo. I run my e shield cord under it and it still stays closed. It's a strange one for sure and I thought once I got my Tek Vest, my problem would disappear but it hasn't.  

6 minutes ago, irv said:

My zipper is covered by a magnetic flap that works fairly decent, imo. I run my e shield cord under it and it still stays closed. It's a strange one for sure and I thought once I got my Tek Vest, my problem would disappear but it hasn't.  

I I'm fucking sweating bullets when I where the trek best and to many layers on. I dunno IRV maybe its age, I kid I kid. :lol:

Just now, Reevester said:

I I'm fucking sweating bullets when I where the trek best and to many layers on. I dunno IRV maybe its age, I kid I kid. :lol:

No, I will admit, I can't take the cold like I use to so that definitely has something to do with it. :bc:

3 minutes ago, irv said:

No, I will admit, I can't take the cold like I use to so that definitely has something to do with it. :bc:

Yeah my dad is not a cold lover anymore and can't handle like he used too. He was also bitching it was to hot in Jamaica where he spends half the winter. :lol:

:bc:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Legend said:

I bought some X-cross pro boa or some shit boots today. We"ll see how they are. Im concerned they aren't as breathable as I'd like but shit they were $170 cheaper than the Klim Boa's. 

my feet sweated enough in my Klim boots,  i can;t imagine how bad they would have been in any other boots with less breathability.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Just got my Clutch FX Pants from Up North Sports...They seem well made and should be warm...used to having uninsulated shells and it will be nice to just throw these and go...no layering. They also have F.A.S.T insulation so I’ll float! :lol:

https://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmobile/snowmobile-clothing/snowmobile-bibs-pants/mens-bibs-pants/fxr-clutch-fx-pant.html

66380CFE-F87C-4346-837D-8D169EB9830B.thumb.jpeg.f21822e109c27d1be016d5dbc507b2e3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just got my Clutch FX Pants from Up North Sports...They seem well made and should be warm...used to having uninsulated shells and it will be nice to just throw these and go...no layering. They also have F.A.S.T insulation so I’ll float! :lol:

https://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmobile/snowmobile-clothing/snowmobile-bibs-pants/mens-bibs-pants/fxr-clutch-fx-pant.html

66380CFE-F87C-4346-837D-8D169EB9830B.thumb.jpeg.f21822e109c27d1be016d5dbc507b2e3.jpeg

Team FX & clutch pants last week.

Awesome. No more being cold.

IMG_20200121_192810.jpg

• Like 1