Check your account email address ×

Winter storm Isaiah

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was a bust for the most part. They were calling for 18 inches of snow for the northern lower at one point and they ended up with 4 to 5 from the looks of it. Predicted .50 to .75 inches of ice for my area followed by snow and we barely got a a little bit thankfully. I almost went out and bought a new generator and made a suicide cord for it. Saved my money thinking it was all BS 

:bigfinger: Greta!!! I wanted to do a shake down run with my trail sled before the upcoming weekend  :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Was a bust for the most part. They were calling for 18 inches of snow for the northern lower at one point and they ended up with 4 to 5 from the looks of it. Predicted .50 to .75 inches of ice for my area followed by snow and we barely got a a little bit thankfully. I almost went out and bought a new generator and made a suicide cord for it. Saved my money thinking it was all BS 

:bigfinger: Greta!!! I wanted to do a shake down run with my trail sled before the upcoming weekend  :lol: 

We got absolutely nothing here either. It's colder out and we got a tiny bit of snow and that's it but it sounds bad for some in the states.

Nine dead, flights cancelled, power out as winter storms hit the U.S.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/nine-dead-flights-cancelled-power-out-as-winter-storms-hit-the-u-s/wcm/c12b65d9-f143-43ef-8384-4f710a80d48b

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Dusting here and the sun is out now.

Just now, Edmo said:

We got about 6” last night here in caddy. Just about to suit up.😁

:bc: Hell yeah...enjoy it!  Hopefully Houghton lake got it as well for Tip Up Town

Got a light coat of snow followed by freezing rain which turned into about 1/2-3/4" of ice.   Made for an interesting ride in this morning. Saw 1 salt truck in 21 miles. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 minutes ago, irv said:

We got absolutely nothing here either. It's colder out and we got a tiny bit of snow and that's it but it sounds bad for some in the states.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/nine-dead-flights-cancelled-power-out-as-winter-storms-hit-the-u-s/wcm/c12b65d9-f143-43ef-8384-4f710a80d48b

Biggest threat seemed to be tornadoes as I watched the Weather Channel yesterday

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Biggest threat seemed to be tornadoes as I watched the Weather Channel yesterday

It rained alot here and yesterday it was windy and miserable as fuck. There a snow covered coating of ice on my driveway. 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

You got laugh at the media’s commitment to the hype, right to the end.    🙄

I I think it was about 11:30 last night when they finally admitted the storm of the century was a bust. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I I think it was about 11:30 last night when they finally admitted the storm of the century was a bust. 

Inducing a mild panic is good for rating 

• Haha 1

I just went out and scraped the 1/8" of snow covering the 1/2" of icy slush from the drive and walk ways. Whatever this is will be a done deal by this afternoon. Forecast looks like warm temps, so much for doing any riding close to home next week. My bud is going up to Spooner next weekend maybe I'll join him. 

Edited by Anler

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

My daughter left for Marquette a few hours ago....nice sunny day for driving. 

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Thanks for letting us know and staying on topic

It is part of the topic for me because I was a little worried about that forecast. The fact that it's a gorgeous day points out the inaccuracy of said forecast...anything else? 

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My daughter left for Marquette a few hours ago....nice sunny day for driving. 

Roads are good around here . Wife drove her self and me nuts for 2 days because our son had to drive last night.  She had herself convinced he was going to crash. I mean you have to take it seriously and prepare but you can’t worry yourself to death.  

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Inducing a mild panic is good for rating 

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Roads are good around here . Wife drove her self and me nuts for 2 days because our son had to drive last night.  She had herself convinced he was going to crash. I mean you have to take it seriously and prepare but you can’t worry yourself to death.  

I left my house at the usual time   Drive only took about 4 minutes longer than it normally does.  Roads are completely clear now 

5 hours ago, irv said:

We have more snow than we started with.  

• Like 1