Check your account email address ×

Boomers most recognized car sells for millions

16 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Fkn crazy people! You can buy a reproduction body,frame and the latest and greatest in it for for less than $200K and its driveable and download a pic of the old Mustang for free

You can buy a blow up doll for a wife......it’s not the same as the real thing.

Everyone of those movie cars were beat to shit. They broke a lot of mustang's during filming as they did not take the punishment of jumping well. The Charger's used as the bad guy cars held up much better and it is rumored that this was the reason the Duke's of Hazzard ended up driving a charger.

These cars are like fine pieces of art. They are, for the most part, collected/purchased for investment purposes only. The money some of these people have, most of us on here can't relate to. 

3.4 Million is pocket change to some of these people but like you and I, are looking for an investment opportunity.

Having Steve McQueen's name attached definitely added a lot of value, and that will also be the same in another 4-5 yrs when the car sells for 4.5 million or whatever. 

30 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Everyone of those movie cars were beat to shit. They broke a lot of mustang's during filming as they did not take the punishment of jumping well. The Charger's used as the bad guy cars held up much better and it is rumored that this was the reason the Duke's of Hazzard ended up driving a charger.

This one was not beat to shit. It was the good car. Was used many years as a DD.

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You can buy a blow up doll for a wife......it’s not the same as the real thing.

I gotta agree with MC here. I get it from the nostolgia standpoint. I wouldn't buy it but I get it.

I'd still rather have a 2-3 million dollar boat. :bc:

54 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Fitting. Even the boomers’ most recognizable car is a piece of shit. 

It's an iconic car and was pretty desirable for the time. Best car chase scene in movie history. Boomers like to cling on to the time before they fucked everything up. 

50 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

This one special because McQueen tried to buy it for his collection. The cars were all heavily reinforced for jumping. Including this one. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's an iconic car and was pretty desirable for the time. Best car chase scene in movie history. Boomers like to cling on to the time before they fucked everything up. 

No doubt in part from the beatings they took from dads of the greatest generation. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This one special because McQueen tried to buy it for his collection. The cars were all heavily reinforced for jumping. Including this one. 

Not from my memory. There were ports for smoke and  brackets for cameras. Don't remember reinforcement in article. Been a while.

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No doubt in part from the beatings they took from dads of the greatest generation. 

We were just talking about that yesterday. Both my grandfather's were ww2 vets and my dad and his brothers said their father was a miserable prick. The guy was nothing but great to me and my sister and his other grandchildren. I honestly can't remember one time he was less than great to us. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yep. Underhood bracing. 

Marti marveled at the modifications made for the movie. Underneath the rockers, three metal tubes were clumsily welded perpendicular to the car’s center line for camera mounts. There were holes cut in the trunk for the cords that ran from a generator to power the cameras and lights. Even tape residue remained—on the tachometer to mark the redline, and on the floor, presumably to secure the seatbelts and wires. “Ninety-eight percent of the original car is there,” he said. “It’s an incredible artifact.”

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/01/14/mustang-bullitt-found-real-mcqueen

There are 2 shock tower braces, that is not "heavily reinforced".

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

We were just talking about that yesterday. Both my grandfather's were ww2 vets and my dad and his brothers said their father was a miserable prick. The guy was nothing but great to me and my sister and his other grandchildren. I honestly can't remember one time he was less than great to us. 

I remember seeing the fucking beatings some of the neighbor kids took from their dads who were WWII vets.  I was at a sleep over at my friend’s Mike. His dad beat him so badly that he could barely open his eyes the next morning. We were just little then. Maybe 8. 

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Remember the movie was before computers and special effects. It was a pretty dam good movie.

I’ve had a few apprentices get butthurt when I called them out (nicely) on their mistakes at work. 

I told them as a young tech I got the end of the WW2 mechanics careers and when I’d fuck up they’d literally throw wrenches at me and tell me I’m a dumb fuck in my face. You’re average millennial would have a nervous breakdown if they had to deal with that. 

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Marti marveled at the modifications made for the movie. Underneath the rockers, three metal tubes were clumsily welded perpendicular to the car’s center line for camera mounts. There were holes cut in the trunk for the cords that ran from a generator to power the cameras and lights. Even tape residue remained—on the tachometer to mark the redline, and on the floor, presumably to secure the seatbelts and wires. “Ninety-eight percent of the original car is there,” he said. “It’s an incredible artifact.”

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/01/14/mustang-bullitt-found-real-mcqueen

There are 2 shock tower braces, that is not "heavily reinforced".

More than not being reinforced at all. I can’t believe that you went and looked that up. :lol: unreal. 

41 minutes ago, Anler said:

French connection was better. :news: