Check your account email address ×

I can see why 850 guys have such bad little man syndrome

Rod

3 hours ago, Tickle Shits said:

New cat has the best handling\flattest turning rider forward sled I’ve ever rode 

I concur, besides the 8th grade shop class build quality, I have a soft spot for Cats. Rode probably 12k miles this decade on them. Hated my M8 but the 3 Crossfires were a riot. As far as who is fastest, who gives a fuck. You could throw a blanket over all 3 brands at the end of the track. It's good we have 3 brands to chose from.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

I did the same after I rode a few axys after being on 2 PC's for 10k miles. Although they did ride great and only left me stranded twice it was the 2 cracked oil tanks and  1 chaincase, 1 starter and a destroyed primary that erked me. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I think the Axys is a very comfortable sled. I’d sure rather ride that for 200 miles than any PC I’ve ridden.....or my old XRS.  

I ride an SKS 146 and the riding position is really good. Kinda like an MX bike. More upright than most and puts you in a good position to handle bad stuff. My Assault was good but seat was a bit low. Harder to stand up for holes and shit.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

If I was racing ovals I'd choose the PC.  

Last year brother and I were on a ride.   Iowa field trails all freshly groomed.   Lots of corners, tight and sweeping and plenty of straight stretches.   Him and I are on par as far as ability.   He had his son's 18 or 19 ProCross 600 137 which is clutched and studded and had my son's 2014 800 Indy SP 121 of which I've done zero to besides studding.   Still on original belt.   We switched back and forth quite a bit on the 125 mile ride and I can tell you it wasn't even remotely a contest which sled was more enjoyable and faster.   The 600 was always falling behind pretty quickly.  I will say I think the 121 evened out the PC advantage it had in the corners.   You don't realize how nimble the 121's are until you jump back and forth between one and a 137.  

I don't notice the length on my 146 until the trails get tight and slower. Then it is noticeable but not really a problem. My 144 Assault turned fine with tipped rails.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, s pump said:

I ride an SKS 146 and the riding position is really good. Kinda like an MX bike. More upright than most and puts you in a good position to handle bad stuff. My Assault was good but seat was a bit low. Harder to stand up for holes and shit.

I don't notice the length on my 146 until the trails get tight and slower. Then it is noticeable but not really a problem. My 144 Assault turned fine with tipped rails.

Did you jump back and forth with a shorty?   That's the only time I notice. 

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

I concur, besides the 8th grade shop class build quality, I have a soft spot for Cats. Rode probably 12k miles this decade on them. Hated my M8 but the 3 Crossfires were a riot. As far as who is fastest, who gives a fuck. You could throw a blanket over all 3 brands at the end of the track. It's good we have 3 brands to chose from.

The build quality on the new cats is a lot better than 2012 

45 minutes ago, bussman said:

Yep. I love every single thing about my 137 over the 129’s from before. 

lol, I traded my 141 Crossfire at the Sled show. Dealer buddy came out to the parking lot and put a number on my trade. I said ok, he says what you want this year. There was a pretty 14 Crossfire in his display. He knocked $1500 off it and I said I'll take it. Got it home and realized it was a 137. Fuccck. I swapped the Rip 2 to an Ice Cobra before I even rode it. That was an awesome sled. Not the greatest or as good as the 141 off trail but more fun on the trail and in the junk. Bumped to a 144, 153, 146 now.

SAM_1236.JPG

19 minutes ago, s pump said:

That's why I like it so much, never rode dirt bikes like you guys did but i love sitting up high so much better then the low riders i grew up on. Seats could be a bit wider though.

14 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

The build quality on the new cats is a lot better than 2012 

Even my 17 was days better then the 14 but the chaincase still cracked. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That's why I like it so much, never rode dirt bikes like you guys did but i love sitting up high so much better then the low riders i grew up on. Seats could be a bit wider though.

Even my 17 was days better then the 14 but the chaincase still cracked. :lol:

All the Doos I ride, I really like. I just can't get used to the feeling like Im gonna go over the bars. I tend to look for deep snow and hills so a good crossover is what I like. I did a couple 400 mile days on my Assault but those are rare. My Cat M , I just could not ride and literally could get higher in the hills on my assault that that. It tried to kill me more than once. Price was right and I think I only lost like $300 trading it. Build quality was on my 14 and 17 Cats was light years better than my 12. Ideal sled would be a 146 2.25 with Cat front end and Proslide Cat rear.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Have you ever rode a 129" and a 137" back to back? I have done it on numerous makes and models and its very noticeable the 137 is better in almost every way. I think the only advantage to having a 129 is higher top speed. seriously some will say the 129" or 120" will corner faster but I have found that they are less settled than the 137". If it does corner "faster" its really not noticable enough to sacrifice everything else the 137" does better. Again JMO

I've ridden 137s and 129s back to back multiple times.  The 129" is better in the trails, especially the corners.  Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know how to set up a sled, can't ride for shit or both.

Not yet.  I’ll find out soon enough but, the difference between a 121and 129 was noticeable in corners and “flick-ability”.  The 129 is just better out of the corners.  

Meh, I’ll adapt just fine.  Still, if I go with a consumer Doo, I’ll choose the 128.

You mostly trail ride. I do 98% trails   129" FTW 

I'd be real curious to see a G4 120" 

Actually, a couple pulled up behind us at a stop with a few Doos and Poos.  We shot the shit for a bit over our excitement about the epic the snow conditions this early.

We all saddled up together and all took off.  That was it.  

I hope so.

You'll definitely like the 129" more 

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Yep!!

FD3CD7E5-A142-4160-8306-5EFA085FD396.jpeg

Looks like the two Doo's are in front to me  :snack:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

That is officially the gayest picture on the internet.  

Not even close

ICEWelcher20and20REVASSHOLE_zps2f8389f7.jpg.ce5dea714d26cdae40b72f50058a70b6.jpg

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

16 minutes ago, s pump said:

All the Doos I ride, I really like. I just can't get used to the feeling like Im gonna go over the bars. I tend to look for deep snow and hills so a good crossover is what I like. I did a couple 400 mile days on my Assault but those are rare. My Cat M , I just could not ride and literally could get higher in the hills on my assault that that. It tried to kill me more than once. Price was right and I think I only lost like $300 trading it. Build quality was on my 14 and 17 Cats was light years better than my 12. Ideal sled would be a 146 2.25 with Cat front end and Proslide Cat rear.

Yeah I wasn't foolish enough to ride a 12 cat. :lol:

15 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I've ridden 137s and 129s back to back multiple times.  The 129" is better in the trails, especially the corners.  Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know how to set up a sled, can't ride for shit or both.

Not even close

ICEWelcher20and20REVASSHOLE_zps2f8389f7.jpg.ce5dea714d26cdae40b72f50058a70b6.jpg

No you just dont know how to ride

26 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not even close

Well those two are actually gay. So the first pic is the gayest pic of straight guys.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, s pump said:

no idea why the Riot at 146 didn't come with a 2 or 2.25 at least as an option