Check your account email address ×

I can see why 850 guys have such bad little man syndrome

Rod

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Wife's cousin started out on one of those. Fun little sled. They hold their value if they're in good shape 

All my sleds are kept mint.  The guy that bought that drove from WInnipeg.  I think I got close to what I paid for it after a couple of seasons.  I'll tell ya what holds value like a mo-fo tho, those little 380 fanners.  That's a great starter sled.    

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

All my sleds are kept mint.  The guy that bought that drove from WInnipeg.  I think I got close to what I paid for it after a couple of seasons.  I'll tell ya what holds value like a mo-fo tho, those little 380 fanners.  That's a great starter sled.    

I got my kid a 600 for a starter sled. Thats pretty basic.. 

Just now, Anler said:

yep

Yea 🙄

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yep.  These dumbasses need to start making them again. Getting harder to find beginners sleds.

Just now, Anler said:

I got my kid a 600 for a starter sled. Thats pretty basic.. 

I bought my daughter two 380's.  Both were bulletproof and great learners.  I actually rode the rev once when I monkeyed up my sled.  Fun to toss around but can't get out of it's own way when coming out of a corner.  Fuck...I bottomed that shit out hard too!  Had a ball on it though.....pretty sure I passed a few Anys sleds with it too...on the outside!!!! :lol: 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea 🙄

Yep.  These dumbasses need to start making them again. Getting harder to find beginners sleds.

I drove all the way to Chicago to pick up my low mileage 380 rev.  They were hard to find 7-8 years ago in good shape and demanded $$$$ when you did find it.  I know for a fact I sold that for more than I paid too.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's what I started my boy on great experience.  Got him set for this that much sooner.:lol:

image.thumb.png.0bd03df70edf7839041d0d15e6b629ce.png

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

So about 70/30 then? 

I would have been in the weeds but luckily the corner had some extra "runway".  

It’s been a few years since I’ve actually flown the turn...but I come close about every ride.  You’d have loved the ride we had Saturday....or you’d have never spoken to me again.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I bought my daughter two 380's.  Both were bulletproof and great learners.  I actually rode the rev once when I monkeyed up my sled.  Fun to toss around but can't get out of it's own way when coming out of a corner.  Fuck...I bottomed that shit out hard too!  Had a ball on it though.....pretty sure I passed a few Anys sleds with it too...on the outside!!!! :lol: 

My bud had a couple of old sno scoots and when we were in high school we built a make shift ramp and jumped those fuckers all day. And we built the ramp at the bottom of a hill so we could get more speed. We beat the fuck outta those little things and didnt really do any damage to them. Those old yamahas were tough. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

It’s been a few years since I’ve actually flown the turn...but I come close about every ride.  You’d have loved the ride we had Saturday....or you’d have never spoken to me again.  :lol:

Take it you have the cobwebs worked out?

I can ride my own ride.  If you boys want to see who ends up in the trees first, knock yourself out!

32 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Did I say that, dummy? 

It was a question. See the question mark at the end of the first sentence?  

You claim to be a whiz on a rev 550 fan. I was just wondering how far into adulthood you were when you finally climbed off a childs sled. 

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Take it you have the cobwebs worked out?

I can ride my own ride.  If you boys want to see who ends up in the trees first, knock yourself out!

Well, the “webs” were just forced the duck out!  Added shock pressure and it still wasn’t enough.  Holy moly what a mess.  Hard packed rollers going into and around every turn.  Brought the right goggles this time anyway.  I should have lost the sway bar.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It was a question. See the question mark at the end of the first sentence?  

You claim to be a whiz on a rev 550 fan. I was just wondering how far into adulthood you were when you finally climbed off a childs sled. 

To be fair a 550f ain't really that much slower than a 600sx sled

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, the “webs” were just forced the duck out!  Added shock pressure and it still wasn’t enough.  Holy moly what a mess.  Hard packed rollers going into and around every turn.  Brought the right goggles this time anyway.  I should have lost the sway bar.  

Not sure there is a good set up for hard packed rollers around every corner. 

I run a lot of front shock pressure, find it helps keep body roll down and the skis planted.  Main is 135 psi (150 psi is max).  Still want enough weight transfer though to plant the skis going into a corner.