Check your account email address ×

Fed to inject additional half Trillion dollars

f7ben

Just through year end.

Something really significant is going on d we arent being told about it.

That will be nearly 1.5 trillion of QE in a matter of a few months without any answers at all.

I hope what I think is going to happen doesn't, I hope history isn't repeating itself. 

With in the last 6 months a cabinet factory went under about 1,000 jobs lost, another manufacturing company laid off 150,  one of the last manufacturing companies close to my home is now dead in the water, as is my friends machine shop who makes product for them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I hope what I think is going to happen doesn't, I hope history isn't repeating itself. 

With in the last 6 months a cabinet factory went under about 1,000 jobs lost, another manufacturing company laid off 150,  one of the last manufacturing companies close to my home is now dead in the water, as is my friends machine shop who makes product for them.

Your machine shop buddy needs to find new customers. Most machine shops are jamming right now.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

My customers are all spending money and they are across broad industries.  Also,  the big automation manu's have a much better understanding of the big F500 spending intentions for a few years out. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My customers are all spending money and they are across broad industries.  Also,  the big automation manu's have a much better understanding of the big F500 spending intentions for a few years out. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Still going strong.

His main company is probably the largest manufacture company in our area, he has worked for them on his own for years after being employed by them for a few years, right now he is going to ride it out and hope they pick back up. There is always work out there just the level of pay and dependability of pay is the question.

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

His main company is probably the largest manufacture company in our area, he has worked for them on his own for years after being employed by them for a few years, right now he is going to ride it out and hope they pick back up. There is always work out there just the level of pay and dependability of pay is the question.

That is why you need to look across various industries and companies.

2020 is already looking to be my best year.

Also I would never want one customer to be more than 20% of my sales for a sustained period of time.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We are in a rural area there aren't a lot of companies to chose from, and to work for a large corp. has it's risks for small shops.  There are a number of excavating companies here that are always trying to get machine work done but they pay really slow and want it fast and cheap. 

I think many people thought the same thing in 2007.

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just through year end.

That will be nearly 1.5 trillion of QE in a matter of a few months without any answers at all.

Has to do with the low interest rate environment and liquidity needs.  There is plenty of news and “answers” on it in wsj, Bloomberg etc.   

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Has to do with the low interest rate environment and liquidity needs.  There is plenty of news and “answers” on it in wsj, Bloomberg etc.   

Why are banks facing a sudden liquidity crunch???

If their commercial ops are unable to meet liquidity requirements then they should be moving funds from investment arms to meet those requitements.

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Also I would never want one customer to be more than 20% of my sales for a sustained period of time.

AC, what do you manufacture?

• Platinum Contributing Member

1. I don't believe the Fed has officially announced this yet.   Only place I'm seeing it is Credit Suisse prediction.

2. This is not quite the same as the previous QE where some of action was the Fed buying up crappy assets. (mortgage back securities)

Good article to understand what is happening.   While this isn't necessarily positive it still is quite a bit different than previous QE's.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/10/fed-qe4-could-happen-before-years-end-credit-suisse-says.html

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Just through year end.

China has the equivalent of some 60 trillion in debt. I agree, something massive is going on and we are not in the know. 

27 minutes ago, s pump said:

AC, what do you manufacture?

Were an SI who have developed automation modules/products that crosses many industries.

Looking at automating an entire bakery next year with all ingredients to about 20 dough mixers, another mixing application for a specialty paint co, various carbon fiber process upgrades etc etc.

Like this dough mixer here are pretty common.  Just showed you this as it's not our niche market but one we do well.

image.png

Edited by ArcticCrusher

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Were an SI who have developed automation modules/products that crosses many industries.

Looking at automating an entire bakery next year with all ingredients to about 20 dough mixers, another mixing application for a specialty paint co, various carbon fiber process upgrades etc etc.

image.png

Very Nice....I dabble in packaging machinery myself.

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

Very Nice....I dabble in packaging machinery myself.

So basically supply all the control panels, automation hardware PACs, SCADA application software, SQL Systems, Bar coding/RFId etc etc.

Always loved the field.