Check your account email address ×

First ride 2020 Polaris Indy 850 137.

1 hour ago, irv said:

No EPS, wish it did but it's an 08 and I don't think the Vec's came with it until?? 

I have mine set up pretty decently, I think, where I can get around on it pretty good but it's the weight I notice the most, especially after riding all day. I feel it in my shoulders and of course I am more tired than the next guy. My trails are a variety of everything, long open stretches and some tight stuff. I know the sled is more suited, like the Apex's, for big wide open trails like in Quebec, but the pro's of owning it outweigh the negatives.

EPS is sweet. I rode a few with it and I hated getting back on mine after those rides. I run Curve XS skis and 8" Bergstrom Triple Points but wish I had of went with the 6" length most times. 

IMG_0600 (Large).JPG

That is a good looking sled man. Yamaha always builds a high quality piece of equipment. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I heard lots of issues with the 2020 800 cats!!!!!

Falling faster then 19 poo 850s. 2 guys blew them up already. Hopefully the other dozen fair alright. :bc:

Edited by Reevester
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Logged some more miles last week on the 850 up north.   Likely the finest riding sled I've ever been on.   Haven't studded it or done any clutch work yet and as of right now I'm not overly impressed with its performance.   Keep in mind I was switching back and forth between it and my sidewinder which right now is just stupid fast.

Edited by Highmark

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Keep in mind I was switching back and forth between it and my sidewinder which right now is just stupid fast.

Well there’s your problem. No 2 stroke is going to compare to that.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Really shouldn't say anything on performance until its studded.   The 800's with me were studded and its impossible to compare in certain conditions studded to unstudded.  Hell it had to work against a 1200 GSX SE with 2 people on it.  

Just now, Edmo said:

Yeah....but it's probably more than that.  Even that Blue AC, while heavy, still can hold a nice line and rail through the corners.  I've yet to see any Poo do that well.  Not sure why these folks up here can't seem to keep the skis down on the snow.  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....but it's probably more than that.  Even that Blue AC, while heavy, still can hold a nice line and rail through the corners.  I've yet to see any Poo do that well.  Not sure why these folks up here can't seem to keep the skis down on the snow.  :dunno: 

High siding wasn't any issue in the slightest...even with a relatively soft front end and 10" carbides.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Axys has the best front end in the biz right now you idiot. I know that is a hard pill for cat guys to swallow because they don't have any class leading features but those are the facts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Axys has the best front end in the biz right now you idiot. I know that is a hard pill for cat guys to swallow because they don't have any class leading features but those are the facts. 

No they do not.  Still third.  Or wait, what rag are you buying to justify your purchase now?

:lol:

I’m guessing a big part of it is that Poo buyers can’t ride for shit anyway.   :lmao:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No they do not.  Still third.  Or wait, what rag are you buying to justify your purchase now?

:lol:

I’m guessing a big part of it is that Poo buyers can’t ride for shit anyway.   :lmao:

Show me one comparison that shows cat better than poo or Doo. The only reason cat is 3rd is because Yamaha doesn't have a 2 stroke. 

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Give me a break.  Take riding lessons.

I already have more miles in this season than you probably will the entire season. Nobody with any rational discretion is buying a cat these days. That's just a fact. Polaris and skidoo are just doing everything better. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I already have more miles in this season than you probably will the entire season. Nobody with any rational discretion is buying a cat these days. That's just a fact. Polaris and skidoo are just doing everything better. 

You definitely bought the right brand.

• 1 month later...

After 300 + more miles I'm still extremely impressed with the sled.   Now studded and clutched its fun factor on the trails is even higher.   

I will make one comment on the suspension/shocks.   To me my 16 xrs had a wider window of range between plush and able to hit things hard.   When I set up this suspension to handle the bumps a higher trail speeds and even small jump landings its not as plush at the slower speeds.   Still incredible however I just haven't found the perfect setup yet.   The Skidoo there was a large range to set and forget.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

After 300 + more miles I'm still extremely impressed with the sled.   Now studded and clutched its fun factor on the trails is even higher.   

I will make one comment on the suspension/shocks.   To me my 16 xrs had a wider window of range between plush and able to hit things hard.   When I set up this suspension to handle the bumps a higher trail speeds and even small jump landings its not as plush at the slower speeds.   Still incredible however I just haven't found the perfect setup yet.   The Skidoo there was a large range to set and forget.   

based on poos shock history your going to need to rebuild the skid shocks to get it there.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

based on poos shock history your going to need to rebuild the skid shocks to get it there.  

Could be right however I thought this was more noticeable on the front end than the skid.

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I had mine revalved and put a velocity on the rear. Its like a whole new level of awesome now. 

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It’s the walkers , they are impossible to dial in a good level of plush. I hate them