Check your account email address ×

Carrying Bags and fuel on a ZR

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that ain't cool at all. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

scumbags.

Yea, they are truly pieces of shit. 

Someone copied grip n rips bracing and is selling knock offs on eBay. And someone copied a bag off of Sled Solutions (that he designed on his own and had made by a company in the US) and is outsourcing it to a Chinese company.  Nothing can be done about it by either of them because they didn't put a patent on their stuff because it would cost them more than what it would be worth it for them. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Is gas in the area you ride that far apart?

I carry extra for riding at night and lots of places have been running out of fuel lately. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea, they are truly pieces of shit. 

Someone copied grip n rips bracing and is selling knock offs on eBay. And someone copied a bad off of Sled Solutions and is outsourcing it to a Chinese company.  Nothing can be done about it by either of them because they didn't put a patent on their stuff because it would cost them more than what it would be worth it for them. 

I carry extra for riding at night and lots of places have been running out of fuel lately. 

That's business bro. If you don't have a legal claim on something it ain't yours. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's business bro. If you don't have a legal claim on something it ain't yours. 

It's what I call being a sorry piece of shit.  It's a total dick move and the person who does it is a piece of shit. The simple way to help fight it is don't by off the scumbag piece of shit who copied. 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's what I call being a sorry piece of shit.  It's a total dick move and the person who does it is a piece of shit. The simple way to help fight it is don't by off the scumbag piece of shit who copied. 

Sure is but like I said, happens every day. 

Sure is but like I said, happens every day. 

I don't give scumbags piece of shit like that the time of day. 

I even called the douchebag out on the copying of GnR bracing and he tried telling me it was his own design :lol:

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I don't give scumbags piece of shit like that the time of day. 

I even called the douchebag out on the copying of GnR bracing and he tried telling me it was his own design :lol:

Doesn't really matter. Even if you do have a patent there are so many loop holes that people can copy your shit and just make a slight variation and call it their own. You can spend years and $$$ fighting about it in court but then the lawyers just get all of the money. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yep, the days of creating something and charging a premium for it is dead. If you don't patent it, then you better be competitively priced in order to make it unprofitable for competition or it will get knocked off.

Hell, my supplier charges me $20 for a pair of brackets. I buy 30-40 of them per pool and buy 15-20 pools per year. I went to a local fab shop and had them make me 1000 copies for $8/set. Fuck 'em! They are buying 10,000's of them at less than what I'm paying. I was getting raped.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yep, the days of creating something and charging a premium for it is dead. If you don't patent it, then you better be competitively priced in order to make it unprofitable for competition or it will get knocked off.

Hell, my supplier charges me $20 for a pair of brackets. I buy 30-40 of them per pool and buy 15-20 pools per year. I went to a local fab shop and had them make me 1000 copies for $8/set. Fuck 'em! They are buying 10,000's of them at less than what I'm paying. I was getting raped.

China really changed the game on that stuff. They can make it for pennies on the dollar. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

China really changed the game on that stuff. They can make it for pennies on the dollar. 

No doubt. For years I used to buy these skimmer winterizing plugs called Gizmo's. Some with pools may know what I mean. They had a patent on their design. A few years ago a chinese company started knocking them off.

15 years ago I used to pay $6 for one. Now I pay $4 for one cause the Chinese ones are $3.50.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

No doubt. For years I used to buy these skimmer winterizing plugs called Gizmo's. Some with pools may know what I mean. They had a patent on their design. A few years ago a chinese company started knocking them off.

15 years ago I used to pay $6 for one. Now I pay $4 for one cause the Chinese ones are $3.50.

My dad was a tool and die maker for 40 years. He said China could sell finished product for less than the cost of the stock here. 

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

you ever installed these in a pool,  one of my former coworkers invented it and kept production in the states to slow down the chinese.  Not sure how they ever sold

9b4aed9175c0fab2236427033ba0efb6.jpg

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you ever installed these in a pool,  one of my former coworkers invented it and kept production in the states to slow down the chinese.  Not sure how they ever sold

No but my wife got one of these critter escape ladders for our pool. Not sure if it ever worked. I fished a bunch of frogs and turtles out of the pool this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

No but my wife got one of these critter escape ladders for our pool. Not sure if it ever worked. I fished a bunch of frogs and turtles out of the pool this summer. 

these appear to really work pretty well those ladders are kinda stupid because they have to find their way to it where the skimmer brings the frogs to the ramp automatically

4 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I have one on my 2020 MXZ XRS.  You aren't going to get anything better than that.  And the LinQ bags and fuel are 2nd to none. 

Owner is super cool. I've talked to him a couple of times.  Once before ordering and after via email when some dick bag on FB asked me if I'd trace the template for him so he could make his own.  I figure the owner should know about that.  Guy blocked me on FB but I was able to screen shot the messages. Hate dickheads like that who try and steal other people's designs.  It's already happens to 2 people I know 

jimmy krantz?  

that place is notorious for that shit .

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Everyone buys these.

image.png.cf4dd8987d0db445ee4fe91a686df111.png

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm looking to do more saddle bagging in the next couple years. The wife rides a '12 Vector short track and I have a '15 ZR 129. The Vector is limited to a set of bags which she has. I'm thinking we need to carry some backup fuel on my ZR and after looking around, I'm thinking the Linq stuff from Doo is likely the way to go. Both of us will be upgrading sleds again soon (her first and likely to a Doo 900, then me and currently thinking Doo Turbo but you never know).

So my understanding is I'll need the adapter plate from Up North Technologies then I can buy the stackable fuel cell and trunk from Doo.

https://upnorthtechnologies.com/shop/snowmobile-accessories/stand-alone-LINQ-adapter-bracket-systems/pro-series-stand-alone-linq-adapter-bracket-kit/

Not a cheap set up but if it does what I need for now and then is adaptable in the future, I think its the best choice.

Thoughts? Maybe I'm not seeing everything that is out there.

I've been running saddlebag trips in your country since 1996, the best setup for a sled is a rack that you can strap your luggage to (a backpack fits really well on the 129"  tunnel, for carrying fuel you can go with a rotopak style jerry can and put them into saddlebags, in fact you can use one rotopak for fuel and another for oil. The beauty of a rack is that you can configure anyway you want and it's transferable to your next sled.

On my 137" sleds I use an Arctic Cat roller bag like the one at the link, the other important thing is to put a ratchet strap across your gear.....NO BUNGIES!

http://www.vortechmfg.com/Arctic_Cat.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCTIC-CAT-OGIO-SMALL-2-WHEEL-ROLLER-BAG-BLACK-AND-GREEN-5262-902/222873871415?epid=1640687556&hash=item33e4516437:g:DJsAAOSwiuxaoZ0e

saddlebags.JPG