Check your account email address ×

Are YOU one of these types?

Pete

It could take a holiday miracle to get shoppers out of debt.

An alarming 70 percent of Americans are stressed about the holiday season, with 32 percent worried about their finances, according to a survey from market research firm Ipsos in partnership with Country Financial.

The average person would need approximately $58,673 to help them be debt-free this holiday season, according to the survey. And it’s because consumers aren’t managing their finances, and spending outside of their means. Nearly 40 percent of Americans report not setting holiday budgets and 72 percent of Americans aren’t setting aside any money for holiday expenses throughout the year, according to the findings.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/holiday-spending-americans-massive-debt

• Platinum Contributing Member

And it’s because consumers aren’t managing their finances, and spending outside of their means. Nearly 40 percent of Americans report not setting holiday budgets and 72 percent of Americans aren’t setting aside any money for holiday expenses throughout the year

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

It could take a holiday miracle to get shoppers out of debt.

An alarming 70 percent of Americans are stressed about the holiday season, with 32 percent worried about their finances, according to a survey from market research firm Ipsos in partnership with Country Financial.

The average person would need approximately $58,673 to help them be debt-free this holiday season, according to the survey. And it’s because consumers aren’t managing their finances, and spending outside of their means. Nearly 40 percent of Americans report not setting holiday budgets and 72 percent of Americans aren’t setting aside any money for holiday expenses throughout the year, according to the findings.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/holiday-spending-americans-massive-debt

Our family draws names and you buy for that one person, $100.00 limit. Wife and I have a $250.00 limit on each other.

• Thanks 1

I had an issue with the credit cards when I was in my 20’s. Took a while to pay them off. Probably bit off more than I could chew with the house payment. Some live and learn, and others make the same mistake over and over.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I had an issue with the credit cards when I was in my 20’s. Took a while to pay them off. Probably bit off more than I could chew with the house payment. Some live and learn, and others make the same mistake over and over.

Did the same myself some. Took disciple but ridded myself of that years ago. I get a kick out of the guys at work with 50-80k in revolving debt telling me my average credit score is somehow a bad thing. People are usually their own worst enemies. The people in debt because of medical reasons are the ones I feel for. That shouldn’t happen here anymore. 

9 minutes ago, bussman said:

We have zero debt. So glad I’m not a slave to that. No stress here whatsoever. 

House paid off too? If so, that’s awesome. House is the only debt I have. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

It varies on the position but the range is $500-$35,000

If you can dole out $35,000 per person then you are making too much money 

AOC and Bernie and chief spreading  bull would never approve of your ridiculous income.

Edited by Pete
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

If you can dole out $35,000 per person then you are making too much money 

AOC and Bernie and chief spreading  bull would never approve of your ridiculous income.

That's why I give it all out in bonuses! :bc: