Check your account email address ×

Are YOU one of these types?

Pete

Must be different around here.   I see older people riding around in older cars, while the kids are riding around in new lease cars.  You go by the H S and it looks like a new car lot.  No one drove a new car when I was in H S.  Even parents that could afford it, didn't buy their kid a new car.  I see a lot of older people or  my age  raising their grand kids.  Have a couple in right now, mid 60's , driving older Enclave .  Raising 3 kids 15-6   cause mom is a pos.  

Edited by Cold War

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Must be different around here.   I see older people riding around in older cars, while the kids are riding around in new lease cars.  You go by the H S and it looks like a new car lot.  No one drove a new car when I was in H S.  Even parents that could afford it, didn't buy their kid a new car.  I see a lot of older people or  my age  raising their grand kids.  Have a couple in right now, mid 60's , driving older Enclave .  Raising 3 kids 15-6   cause mom is a pos.  

Sad to say, but that's pretty common. Lots of drug addict parents that don't take care of their kids.  Better than them going into foster homes.  Guy who did my tile is 75 now and is raising his grandson because his daughter is a druggie.  State tried to put him in a foster home but he fought it and he got custody. Kid went into foster care for a bit (by order of the state) and he didn't cooperate and was getting into trouble in school. He told the judge unless he when to live with his grandparents he would never do any school work and wouldn't behave. Said he hated being away from his family and there's no reason why his grandparents couldn't take care of him because they already have his whole life.  I totally agree with him. 

40 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Sad to say, but that's pretty common. Lots of drug addict parents that don't take care of their kids.  Better than them going into foster homes.  Guy who did my tile is 75 now and is raising his grandson because his daughter is a druggie.  State tried to put him in a foster home but he fought it and he got custody. Kid went into foster care for a bit (by order of the state) and he didn't cooperate and was getting into trouble in school. He told the judge unless he when to live with his grandparents he would never do any school work and wouldn't behave. Said he hated being away from his family and there's no reason why his grandparents couldn't take care of him because they already have his whole life.  I totally agree with him. 

Lot of respect for guys like that.   Same kind of thing here.  Daughter didn’t want to give em Up because they were her meal ticket ( drug money) . They fought like hell to get them, kids wanted to go with them . cashed in retirement and back to work to support them.  Said he couldn’t be happier because they are safe. 
 Boomers get a lot of shit on here, but there are good/ bad  people in all generations. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I have a holiday budget. Same as it has been my whole adult life. One weeks earnings.

What? $800.00 worth of Ky Jelly and rubber dildos??????

Just now, steve from amherst said:

No. like most people I get paid in Us currency . You are the only one that works for ky and dillys.

No no Stevie Boy, you're grasping, Goombah. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Hey old man . all joking aside . I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

Well OK, you too, but I'm still gonna' wait some day til' you eat about 5 pounds of pasta at Mariano's , then I'm gonna' rassle you down!!!   :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Well OK, you too, but I'm still gonna' wait some day til' you eat about 5 pounds of pasta at Mariano's , then I'm gonna' rassle you down!!!   :bc:

I like to do the antipasto platter there. Then take the pizza home.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I like to do the antipasto platter there. Then take the pizza home.

Good, eat a ton of it, then get shit-faced so you can barely walk out of that place. I'll be waiting in the parking lot

with a...………... MAGLITE!!!!  :kneebash:

29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Lot of respect for guys like that.   Same kind of thing here.  Daughter didn’t want to give em Up because they were her meal ticket ( drug money) . They fought like hell to get them, kids wanted to go with them . cashed in retirement and back to work to support them.  Said he couldn’t be happier because they are safe. 
 Boomers get a lot of shit on here, but there are good/ bad  people in all generations. 

:thumbsup:

Hey @steve from amherst

Just look for the guy in the parking lot with his pants around his ankles, bent over. With his ass lubed up with anal ease,  holding a maglite.  You'll know who it is and what he wants you to do with that maglite  :lmao:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My wife has a brother who is a drug addicted loser. 5 kids, 4 of them are educated and successful and the other is a low life criminal. Inlaws raised his 3 kids since they were tots. He dropped them off one day and didnt come back. Probably the best thing he ever did for them. The kids mom is a real piece of work too. She left them before he did. 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

My wife has a brother who is a drug addicted loser. 5 kids, 4 of them are educated and successful and the other is a low life criminal. Inlaws raised his 3 kids since they were tots. He dropped them off one day and didnt come back. Probably the best thing he ever did for them. The kids mom is a real piece of work too. She left them before he did. 

Never understood how someone could walk out on their kids.   Got to be one selfish bastard. 
One  thing to give them up so they have better life , but to just split.   Causes a  lot of issues for kids when they become adults. Even if they did end up in good home.  

Edited by Cold War

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Never understood how someone could walk out on their kids.   Got to be one selfish bastard. 
One  thing to give them up so they have better life , but to just split.   Causes a  lot of issues for kids when they become adults. Even if they did end up in good home.  

Its crazy the power these drugs can have over some. My wife and her brothers are super smart and all have very successful careers and if you ask any of them they will tell you the loser brother was way smarter than any of them. Its just crazy how someone with such natural gifts can throw it all away for such filth and misery. 

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Better off giving them up for adoption. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its crazy the power these drugs can have over some. My wife and her brothers are super smart and all have very successful careers and if you ask any of them they will tell you the loser brother was way smarter than any of them. Its just crazy how someone with such natural gifts can throw it all away for such filth and misery. 

Yeah, went to School with a few people like that. Great home , good family, every opportunity,  threw it all away.  
crazy what some people can overcome too.  As far as getting a shitty break, with loser parents  and becoming successful adults.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's taxed the same as a raise though.

I believe he means that the check you get it in gets banged hard with taxes. And that's true. But when you file it all comes out the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I believe he means that the check you get it in gets banged hard with taxes. And that's true. But when you file it all comes out the same.

Funny part is , folks believe they are getting boned hard in taxes. Not realizing those are the taxes someone that makes that much pays.