Check your account email address ×

John Dee is coming out YUGE!

Anler

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Gogebic lodge is claiming 2 feet of snow... 

Screenshot_20191127-175150.png

That picture brings back some crazy drunken memories. We used to stay there often back in the 80's and 90's.

One night at closing time I watch a buddy walk out that door completely plastered. He slipped on the top step and went all the way to the bottom and didn't take his hands out of his pockets. LOL

It was a toss up what to do. Take him to the hospital or put him to bed. Obviously we opted for the option that let us continue to party.

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The place with great Ice cream?

7312FA20-497C-43E4-951F-6DE8571C5B50.jpeg

Never had ice cream there :dunno:   

Only ever get gas and maybe something to drink and/or a snack. 

But yes that's the place.  Good people there.  They're from Clarkston Michigan.  Dawn was a hottie back in the day.  

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Never had ice cream there :dunno:   

Only ever get gas and maybe something to drink and/or a snack. 

But yes that's the place.  Good people there.  They're from Clarkston Michigan.  Dawn was a hottie back in the day.  

We got Ice cream there twice in one day,some homemade local stuff. It was dirt cheap and they were very nice. The gas I got there made up for the cheap ice cream. I didn’t care and was glade to see the place. Gas was real low after being on a sandy ORV trail for 10 miles. Some really cool stuff when you get away from the tourist at pictured rock.

E89E4868-A29B-45E3-88D7-9012EAA26DF9.jpeg

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

We got Ice cream there twice in one day,some homemade local stuff. It was dirt cheap and they were very nice. The gas I got there made up for the cheap ice cream. I didn’t care and was glade to see the place. Gas was real low after being on a sandy ORV trail for 10 miles. Some really cool stuff when you get away from the tourist at pictured rock.

E89E4868-A29B-45E3-88D7-9012EAA26DF9.jpeg

Usually a regular fuel stop for us.  It's in a great location right off the trail And usually plenty of snow.  They ride too so they don't plow right down to the cement like some places do. 

Didn't make it there last year , but I've been there lots of times.  Was there at least 20 times the year prior. 

20 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

That picture brings back some crazy drunken memories. We used to stay there often back in the 80's and 90's.

One night at closing time I watch a buddy walk out that door completely plastered. He slipped on the top step and went all the way to the bottom and didn't take his hands out of his pockets. LOL

It was a toss up what to do. Take him to the hospital or put him to bed. Obviously we opted for the option that let us continue to party.

The owners are great. Was on a nice spring ride with my at the time 13 year old son. We watched the weather in the morning and they were calling for snow in the afternoon.  We worked are way over there and were going to eat and head back. We took a 3 hour around about way to get there and planned on taking the quick grade back. We walked in and the bar tender said we just made it before the big Ice storm??? I said what ice storm? All of the TVs had the weather on. It was going to snow 50 miles away by my cabin and they were getting ice. The owner came in and asked where we were riding from and I told him we are headed back and won’t be staying.  He said it just started and I shouldn’t go out on the lake with a kid in this. I went out side and our sleds already had a 1/8 “ of ice on them. I went back in and they were already making my son food. I said we will have to stay until it stops? He said we should just spend the night. He only had a fancy cabin left that slept 14. I didn’t want to spend that coin when our camp was only a hour away. He told me he would rather rent the cabin to me for $50 than see me cross the lake in the storm with my kid. We ended up spending the night and treated us like family. The power went out and they brought use fire wood for the fire place. They would only take the $50 and my bar bill. Not many business owners like that anymore. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

417 covers the south side of town, 14 on the west side gets you to the hotels on US 14............what are we missing here?

marquette.png

There is one thing missing if we are going to ride that way in two weeks?:snack:

DBC81836-C110-4196-8287-5541D4B16FF0.jpeg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

417 covers the south side of town, 14 on the west side gets you to the hotels on US 14............what are we missing here?

marquette.png

Marquette and chocolay twp have never been sled friendly it's why there is no connection through town. Just like I said.

It sure I can dumb it down much more 

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There is one thing missing if we are going to ride that way in two weeks?:snack:

DBC81836-C110-4196-8287-5541D4B16FF0.jpeg

:lol2:

Edited by washedupmxer

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

Marquette and chocolay twp have never been sled friendly it's why there is no connection through town. Just like I said.

It sure I can dumb it down much more 

:lol2:

It's town of 100,000 people, they should build snowlanes through downtown Marquette so I can stay at the Landmark.

I've heard that not friendly shit forever.........yet I've had many good rides on 417, 8, and 14.

Oh let me guess not friendly is the speed limit on 417 through the residential area of Harvey, heaven forbid if people want some quiet in there backyard. 

31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's town of 100,000 people, they should build snowlanes through downtown Marquette so I can stay at the Landmark.

I've heard that not friendly shit forever.........yet I've had many good rides on 417, 8, and 14.

Oh let me guess not friendly is the speed limit on 417 through the residential area of Harvey, heaven forbid if people want some quiet in there backyard. 

Problem is all of the Yahoo's that go brapping it up at all hours. Nobody wants to listen to that shit at home. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Anler said:

Problem is all of the Yahoo's that go brapping it up at all hours. Nobody wants to listen to that shit at home. 

This guy built a beautiful new home on the lake in caddy and I’m thinking, what an idiot, he’s right on the main trail going into town. Last time I looked he put in a huge fence next to the trail. :lol: He must not have had any idea....

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

This guy built a beautiful new home on the lake in caddy and I’m thinking, what an idiot, he’s right on the main trail going into town. Last time I looked he put in a huge fence next to the trail. :lol: He must not have had any idea....

No brappin in the summer time. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So it's your opinion Marquette caters to sleds as much as most up cities?