Check your account email address ×

New 2021 cat!!!

Rod

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

If you don't live close to the mountains it makes better sense to just rent.

so you know any one who has wrecked one ? yeah they nail you to the boards . not to mention you are always more comfortable on your own sled . and if you wantvto go where the whole Midwest is not you pretty much need your own sled 

even before we kept trailers in kremmling and a truck in Denver it was not uncommon to just load up and drive out because a big storm was going to hit . to get to good snow in the up it can take me 10hrs on those roads in a storm . I can drive to say Laramie in 4 more .

no brainer 

5 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

They do that here too :lol: 

“I might go to the mountains one day” 

so you’re going to put up with that god awful sled for 99.9% of your riding??

a crossover is the MOST you need unless you’re actually going to the mountains 

It's beyond comical.  And like I said, they're the same ones bitching about ripped off lugs and their tracks coming apart.  

Guy I work with, who I've ridden a few rimes with was getting ready to buy a new sled (an '18). Guy rides probably 85-90% on trail   Told him to get the Renegade XRS and do track swap or go Freeride 137" with 1.75" track.  Long story short , he listened to another guy instead (who I've also ridden with a couple of times with who has a '17 Summit 165" :lol:) and got the  FR 146" with a 2.50" paddle track.  He said it would be better for off trail. Yea, but you only go off trail 10% of the time :lol: (just like the guy with the 165" Summit)  Then they bitch when the trails are blown out on Saturday afternoon.  When all the rest of us with XRSs and Xs are doing just fine.  He'll, my buddy in his '05 Rev X 600 was leaving them in the dust on the blownn out trails :lmao: But yea, get that C or T motion over the RMotion , so you can think you look cool at the gas pumps :lmao:  What's even better, they mostly ride out of Gaylord or my brothers in Atlanta. :lol: where there's hardly any hills or anything even remotely close to needing anything more than 137" track. 

27 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

People that buy mountain sleds to drive on the trails is a maroon

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I see you've been to Gaylord and Mancelona Michigan in the lower. And the Western Central and Western UP :lol: :lmao:

Have you guys ever met @Woodtick? He has a whole fleet of sub $1000 trail and mountain sleds he rides on the trails. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's beyond comical.  And like I said, they're the same ones bitching about ripped off lugs and their tracks coming apart.  

Guy I work with, who I've ridden a few rimes with was getting ready to buy a new sled (an '18). Guy rides probably 85-90% on trail   Told him to get the Renegade XRS and do track swap or go Freeride 137" with 1.75" track.  Long story short , he listened to another guy instead (who I've also ridden with a couple of times with who has a '17 Summit 165" :lol:) and got the  FR 146" with a 2.50" paddle track.  He said it would be better for off trail. Yea, but you only go off trail 10% of the time :lol: (just like the guy with the 165" Summit)  Then they bitch when the trails are blown out on Saturday afternoon.  When all the rest of us with XRSs and Xs are doing just fine.  He'll, my buddy in his '05 Rev X 600 was leaving them in the dust on the blownn out trails :lmao: But yea, get that C or T motion over the RMotion , so you can think you look cool at the gas pumps :lmao:  What's even better, they mostly ride out of Gaylord or my brothers in Atlanta. :lol: where there's hardly any hills or anything even remotely close to needing anything more than 137" track. 

Dude for years we got anywhere we needed to go with a 121 and a 1.75 snoX track :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And wear in my last fucking nerves as the clog the trail up looking for some fresh two feet of powder to jump off and get stuck in to snap pics.  

:wall:

We ran into that last year a couple of times. Bunch of clowns on RMKs and SKSs  doing like 40 riding down the middle of the trail,  cause they're over heating, yet wouldn't pull over and get out of the way.  Finally got enough space to safely pass them  Back packs , shovels, onesies and everything :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so you know any one who has wrecked one ? yeah they nail you to the boards . not to mention you are always more comfortable on your own sled . and if you wantvto go where the whole Midwest is not you pretty much need your own sled 

even before we kept trailers in kremmling and a truck in Denver it was not uncommon to just load up and drive out because a big storm was going to hit . to get to good snow in the up it can take me 10hrs on those roads in a storm . I can drive to say Laramie in 4 more .

no brainer 

We rented 5 almost new Summits and RMKs last winter out in Colorado. It was only for bucket list purposes, and we didnt get nuts in any avalanche territories or crazy climbs.  Still spent over 2 grand for a day of fun.  

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

We ran into that last year a couple of times. Bunch of clowns on RMKs and SKSs  doing like 40 riding down the middle of the trail,  cause they're over heating, yet wouldn't pull over and get out of the way.  Finally got enough space to safely pass them  Back packs , shovels, onesies and everything :lmao:

Yup.  Just bobbing along like they are the only ones out there.  Lookin’ for a place to test out that GNAR ass 164!!!!!  In the god damn Midwest!!!!  :wall:

Just now, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Dude for years we got anywhere we needed to go with a 121 and a 1.75 snoX track :lol: 

Same here :lol: I remember when we thought my buddy was crazy for running a 440x with a 1.50" track they had back in '01.  A 1.25" track was a big lug track for a trail sled back then :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yup.  Just bobbing along like they are the only ones out there.  Lookin’ for a place to test out that GNAR ass 164!!!!!  In the god damn Midwest!!!!  :wall:

You see those faggots parked outside the mosquito all the time. 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We rented 5 almost new Summits and RMKs last winter out in Colorado. It was only for bucket list purposes, and we didnt get nuts in any avalanche territories or crazy climbs.  Still spent over 2 grand for a day of fun.  

where grand lake I assume ? 

we stay in the trailers in the forest service lot on rabbit ears pass . huge party every night up there .

only sketchy thing is the outhouses  . by late Jan the frozen turd pile is scary close to the seat .by March I use a bucket and a contractor bag lol 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

fuck that I have yet to have any one loose me on there shorty . 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Same here :lol: I remember when we thought my buddy was crazy for running a 440x with a 1.50" track they had back in '01.  A 1.25" track was a big lug track for a trail sled back then :lmao:

Back around 05 I had my 04 800x rev with a 121 1.75 snoX track.. we had about 5’ of snow that year and the the guys with edge style switchbacks made me break trial lol. If I didn’t they couldn’t make it 

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no brainer 

I bent some handlebars on a rental doo in Cooke. Charged me $75 for the bars and $50 to install. The bars were bent like a 1/4" on one side. I made the guy give me the bent bars. Some guy bent the shit outta his doo bars and was walking around looking for some. Apparently I had just bought the last ones in town. I showed him the bent one I had and he offered me $70 for them. lol  So all in all it cost me $60 for slightly bending a rental doo bars. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

You see those faggots parked outside the mosquito all the time. 

I mean, don’t get me wrong, there’s a place for those long tracks.  The UP is a good place, but around my stomping ground?  Not really.  Waste of equipment.  

2 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Back around 05 I had my 04 800x rev with a 121 1.75 snoX track.. we had about 5’ of snow that year and the the guys with edge style switchbacks made me break trial lol. If I didn’t they couldn’t make it 

I had that track on my '04 440. Also had 96 1.92" studs in it.   Threw one hell of a roost :lol: 

fuck that I have yet to have any one loose me on there shorty . 

:lol: then you're riding with a bunch of Nancy's 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, don’t get me wrong, there’s a place for those long tracks.  The UP is a good place, but around my stomping ground?  Not really.  Waste of equipment.  

There's nowhere in the up that you need anything more than a 137" with a 1.75" track max. 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I had that track on my '04 440. Also had 96 1.92" studs in it.   Threw one hell of a roost :lol: 

:lol: then you're riding with a bunch of Nancy's 

no i actualy ride with some old snow x racers I really have to be on my game those days lol .

just have to know how to ride and be Willingboro take chances and make bad decisions lol 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

There's nowhere in the up that you need anything more than a 137" with a 1.75" track max. 

bull shit you deff are not sidehilling thrugh the trees on a 137 1.75 .

even the locals are not pulling that off in non hero snow .

now if logging roads are your idea of off trail then yes a crossover will be fine 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yup. Anything else around here is just making up for poor riding skills 

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Well, I’ve seen some pretty wide open, deep pow pics there.  I’d certainly think a long track could be utilized.  There’s some places up here too but, we just don’t get that kind of lake effect that the UP does.

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no i actualy ride with some old snow x racers I really have to be on my game those days lol .

just have to know how to ride and be Willingboro take chances and make bad decisions lol 

:lol: ditto....on all of it.  :lmao: 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You ain't keeping up with no shortie on a mountain sled on the trail.  Especially if they use to ride SnoX Not fucking happening. 

You see this shit Bhent? :lol:

bull shit you deff are not sidehilling thrugh the trees on a 137 1.75 .

even the locals are not pulling that off in non hero snow .

now if logging roads are your idea of off trail then yes a crossover will be fine 

The UP ain't the mountains. :lol: 

1 minute ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Yup. Anything else around here is just making up for poor riding skills 

eggzactly :bc: