Check your account email address ×

Any of you bad ass snipers get a deer this morning?

Kivalo

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Kid just died in Quebec today after moose collision 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5362984

55 minutes ago, HSR said:

I still remember the call 8 years ago when my stepson called me on his way home from spring ice fishing to ask "we hit a moose what do I do??" Him as his bud were OK fortunately  and the first vehicle on scene just happened to be my brother in law. Its scary driving at night in my area.

I came across a big one quite a few years ago snowmobiling between Whitney and Madawaska. It was Loop 1 which was a shortcut back to Madawaska from Lake St Peter. Anyways, this trail is/was tight and the snow was easily 3-4 feet deep. I crested a small hill and was making a turn to the right, and there it was, right across the trail.

Never being so close to a moose in my life I just sat there stunned in amazement how big it was. It was watching me watching him but I was wondering how I was going to get out of this? There was no room to turn around and I knew I'd be fucked if I had to run. I knew my buddy was coming up behind me so I started waving my arm so he'd see it and not spook it. Needless to say, that didn't work and as soon as my buddy seen it, he yelled "HOLY SHIT" 

Luckily that scared it so it took about 4 strides and was about 20 yrds into the bush is seconds. We watched it a bit again then rode off with either even thinking about taking a pic! :wall:

My Father, after I told him this story, told me about a friend of a friend whose son and his girlfriend didn't make it to a camp from another camp. They had called ahead and said they were on there way but after they didn't arrive within the amount of time they should have, the other party went out to look for them. The young man was killed and his GF was in rough shape due to hitting a moose on the trail. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh...now he is a wildlife management expert...amazing!!!!!

You sure as fuck don't have any clue about hunting and wildlife.  It's quite obvious that you don't have the slightest fucking clue what you're talking about.  You're just being your usual cunt self.  Put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger already

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

21 minutes ago, irv said:

I came across a big one quite a few years ago snowmobiling between Whitney and Madawaska. It was Loop 1 which was a shortcut back to Madawaska from Lake St Peter. Anyways, this trail is/was tight and the snow was easily 3-4 feet deep. I crested a small hill and was making a turn to the right, and there it was, right across the trail.

Never being so close to a moose in my life I just sat there stunned in amazement how big it was. It was watching me watching him but I was wondering how I was going to get out of this? There was no room to turn around and I knew I'd be fucked if I had to run. I knew my buddy was coming up behind me so I started waving my arm so he'd see it and not spook it. Needless to say, that didn't work and as soon as my buddy seen it, he yelled "HOLY SHIT" 

Luckily that scared it so it took about 4 strides and was about 20 yrds into the bush is seconds. We watched it a bit again then rode off with either even thinking about taking a pic! :wall:

My Father, after I told him this story, told me about a friend of a friend whose son and his girlfriend didn't make it to a camp from another camp. They had called ahead and said they were on there way but after they didn't arrive within the amount of time they should have, the other party went out to look for them. The young man was killed and his GF was in rough shape due to hitting a moose on the trail. 

Yes very sad , I’ve lost a few friends and quite a few people I just sorta knew over the years. Hazards of the north. Coworker was paralyzed from the waist down, went on to win an gold medal in the special olympics!!! She was a very impressive person before and after.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yes very sad , I’ve lost a few friends and quite a few people I just sorta knew over the years. Hazards of the north. Coworker was paralyzed from the waist down, went on to win an gold medal in the special olympics!!! She was a very impressive person before and after.

I heard years ago, but never confirmed it, and that is a Moose's eyes will not glow in the dark like other animals will? Any truth to that? The big effer I encountered was during the day, thankfully so I have no idea?

When I went with the guides for bear, we would leave Rangeley ( Oquossoc ) in the dark, and head to Eustis. 

Two trucks, one guide/hunter in front, I was riding with the other guide. Fukken dummies were doing 60-65, and moose were along that stretch. 

The fukkers are black/brownish, you can't see the bastards, until they've taken your truck out. Stupid fukks going that fast. I hated one of the guides. 

The fukkin place eventually got shut down. Fukkin bastard assholes. Fukkin dummies. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

20151017_174707.jpg

Some big 30 lb plus Kings are taken from that river. Hook on to one of those & try to stop them before they get in some logs. One hell of a fight & will test your gear.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

People come from all over the country to hunt southern IL.  They get this big because of what they eat,lots of minerals in the soil. http://www.wsiltv.com/story/40093319/illinois-buck-confirmed-as-new-world-record-non-typical-whitetail

Got a couple nice ones on the wall from down there.

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You have big deer in Illinois because your DNR is smart and your rules and regulations for whitetail are smart. Same with Ohio 

Michigan's DNR is about the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet with their rules and how they manage wildlife 

Their rules are way better than here. Not even close actually.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No you dumbfuck but you posted it in response to Ben who was talking about catching Bass. 

He said about the water quality you brain dead fuck.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

It’s not the DNR, it’s the tremendous corn and the minerals in the soil.

It's both dnr & minerals. 

Read one time the strain of deer down there are the same as Saskatchewan strain. Usually deer bodies size get smaller as ya head South - but they are massive down there.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks. Hahahaha

Of course as soon as I told them that was incorrect in the politest way I could they all piled on me and called me names and told me to kill myself and made me feel terrible all day!!!!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You sure as fuck don't have any clue about hunting and wildlife.  It's quite obvious that you don't have the slightest fucking clue what you're talking about.  You're just being your usual cunt self.  Put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger already

Yeah you said the same thing about Ben and Reeves and they called you out and smacked you down....your big claims don't amount to a squirt of piss. If people would subscribe to the "let 'em go, let 'me grow" idea it would go a long way. Sure the DNR can slap a lot of restrictions and regulations on what can be shot but at the end of the day that might drive hunter numbers down as a lot of people just want to shoot whatever no matter what. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

9 hours ago, irv said:

I heard years ago, but never confirmed it, and that is a Moose's eyes will not glow in the dark like other animals will? Any truth to that? The big effer I encountered was during the day, thankfully so I have no idea?

Yes, they glow orange

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Just below track bunnies in the pit of snowcross races waving a flag around like a fucking fairy. :lol:

“Outdoor Sportsman and Conservationists”

You fuckers are lucky I didn’t leave you dangling in your cutesy tree seats. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes, they glow orange

Thanks. I read an article like this last night and the reason being people don't think they glow in the dark is because their headlights usually don't go high enough to see the Moose's eyes. 

https://redoubtreporter.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/science-of-the-seasons-drivers-take-a-shine-to-some-animals-tapetum-lucidum/

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah you said the same thing about Ben and Reeves and they called you out and smacked you down....

your big claims don't amount to a squirt of piss.

If people would subscribe to the "let 'em go, let 'me grow" idea it would go a long way. Sure the DNR can slap a lot of restrictions and regulations on what can be shot but at the end of the day that might drive hunter numbers down as a lot of people just want to shoot whatever no matter what. 

Yet more agreed with me than them, odd. But yea, I got smacked down :lol:

Everything about you doesn't amount to a squirt of piss.

:lol: :lmao: yea that's why more and more Michigan hunters are going out of state to Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, ect to hunt, EVERY YEAR. Because they have a WAY better chance at a wall hanger, rather than a small deer here in Michigan,  because dumb fucks like you want to shoot anything they see, so they can say they shot a deer. If you want meat, shout a fucking doe.  But yea, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Fucking moron 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: :lmao: yea that's why more and more Michigan hunters are going out of state to Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, ect to hunt, EVERY YEAR. Because they have a WAY better chance at a wall hanger, rather than a small deer here in Michigan,  because dumb fucks like you want to shoot anything they see, so they can say they shot a deer. If you want meat, shout a fucking doe.  But yea, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Fucking moron 

Noo they didn't. :lol:

38 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You know who comes up here and shoots everything....fuckhead citiots like you...locals try to manage the herd as best they can but you goons just spray and pray. 🤣