Check your account email address ×

Snowmobile boots thread

SSFB

I've been wanting to get a pair of these for a few years now. My son has a pair and he says they work great. I've heard that from others as well. They are super light too so that is also a plus, imo.

Anyone else have any thoughts on them? CKX Taiga.

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/boots/ckx-taiga-boots-men-snowmobile

If you had a SkeeDoo I’d suggest glittered high heals. But since you ride Cat now you could go barefoot because that’s what bad ass mother fuckers can do. 💥

I suggest you find a place to try them on. Everybody has different preferences. I have Castle X boots bought on a recommendation and I surprisingly like them. I don’t care for their coats and bibs. Generally I like Sorrel best. I still have a pair from the early 90’s. 

Edited by bussman

9 minutes ago, irv said:

I've been wanting to get a pair of these for a few years now. My son has a pair and he says they work great. I've heard that from others as well. They are super light too so that is also a plus, imo.

Anyone else have any thoughts on them? CKX Taiga.

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/boots/ckx-taiga-boots-men-snowmobile

only 120 bucks just buy em if they are shit you have a decent set of taking out the trash in your boxers boots 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

If you had a SkeeDoo I’d suggest glittered high heals. But since you ride Cat now you could go barefoot because that’s what bad ass mother fuckers can do. 💥

I suggest you find a place to try them on. Everybody has different preferences. I have Castle X boots bought on a recommendation and I surprisingly like them. I don’t care for their coats and bibs. Generally I like Sorrel best. I still have a pair from the early 90’s. 

He doesn't ride a cat anymore :lol:

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

lol one of the best riders I know rolls with the old sorrels with the bibs duct taped to them 

• Haha 1

I had a pair of Columbia's forever and they held up good but we're bulky with the drop in liner. 

Bout 6 years ago I bought a pair of klim adrenaline's from the local Yamaha store for $100 less than the msrp for them on the klim site. Only diff is they have the Yamaha tuning forks on the tongue. Best boots I have ever had. My feet have never been wet or cold and I never where any more than just regular tube socks. May be a little stiff at first but have preformed really well and aren't bulky. I expect to have them for several years to come yet. :dunno:

But really all boots fit different people differently so you have to try them on and pick the ones that feel the best. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He doesn't ride a cat anymore :lol:

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

Wait, wtf :lol: 

With any luck I'll have the new gas tank for the CF in the next week and then I'll have a new SBA in the garage a week after that! :owned:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I had a pair of Columbia's forever and they held up good but we're bulky with the drop in liner. 

Bout 6 years ago I bought a pair of klim adrenaline's from the local Yamaha store for $100 less than the msrp for them on the klim site. Only diff is they have the Yamaha tuning forks on the tongue. Best boots I have ever had. My feet have never been wet or cold and I never where any more than just regular tube socks. May be a little stiff at first but have preformed really well and aren't bulky. I expect to have them for several years to come yet. :dunno:

But really all boots fit different people differently so you have to try them on and pick the ones that feel the best. 

They seem to work well for you in the summer?

00B661BF-27C1-477C-BC79-83B2801F96B8.gif

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

With any luck I'll have the new gas tank for the CF in the next week and then I'll have a new SBA in the garage a week after that! :owned:

New sled, I like it. You can join us more now. You have to share a room with Analer though. :bc: 

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol one of the best riders I know rolls with the old sorrels with the bibs duct taped to them 

Yuh, you can ride with any boot but, gear made specifically for active sledding makes a big difference.  Like I said, I’ll roll out in sorels, track pants and my pit coat too for a quick jaunt (sometimes they end up a tad longer) but, when I’m planning on really getting fancy out there, I’m wearing gear made more for it.  It makes a difference.

Fucking sorels are like wearing rain boots out there.  Heavy and sweaty with your feet slopping around in them as your ankles take a beating due to no support. 

If you are an active sledder and aren’t wearing good sledding boots.....why not?  If you just sit down and ride, go to Walmart  and get a pair of blue plate specials...with a thick ass pair wool socks.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yuh, you can ride with any boot but, gear made specifically for active sledding makes a big difference.  Like I said, I’ll roll out in sorels, track pants and my pit coat too for a quick jaunt (sometimes they end up a tad longer) but, when I’m planning on really getting fancy out there, I’m wearing gear made more for it.  It makes a difference.

Fucking sorels are like wearing rain boots out there.  Heavy and sweaty with your feet slopping around in them as your ankles take a beating due to no support. 

If you are an active sledder and aren’t wearing good sledding boots.....why not?  If you just sit down and ride, go to Walmart  and get a pair of blue plate specials...with a thick ass pair wool socks.

I don’t like stiff shoes and boots, never have. Has nothing to do with being “active”. I’ll jump around on a sled as much or more as anybody else.

If you require stiff boots you might have weak ankles. :lol:

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I don’t like stiff shoes and boots, never have. Has nothing to do with being “active”. I’ll jump around on a sled as much or more as anybody else.

If you require stiff boots you might have weak ankles. :lol:

The only boot you need is the one up your ass for buying that Analer special. :finger2:

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

No shit, some of us don’t need race numbers and poser gear to go sledding.

• Like 1