Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

made a correction

This is why you are a ONEWAY

Is there any video of his speech he made the comment in?

Are you talking about JT or his minister?  The JT speech is above, what a fucking joke, and the minister has apologized about 20 times so not sure which specific one you are looking for?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I like Rona most of the time she comes off very well. 

Again who is going to replace him?  everyone wanting  him to be fire, you don't want some window washer in this job. 

Certainly a stretch calling this a mistake - I wonder why he didn't just say he provided high intelligence for the mission.  dummy

Exactly! You would think he would know that embellishing things (especially in the military) isn't a smart thing to do. It usually catches up to you.

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

There is nothing.

this was reported by a reporter, fake news, witch hunt, :lmao:

Huh?

So he didn't claim he was the mastermind of operations and apologized two dozen times?  I have no idea or care about what he said in Delhi.  

His reputation is done, can his ass.

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

There is nothing.

this was reported by a reporter, fake news, witch hunt, :lmao:

I did see footage of him telling his 'story' in New Delhi. Plus the networks have shown the footage where he says Vance praised him for being the architect of Medusa. Strange there are no Youtube clips.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Huh?

So he didn't claim he was the mastermind of operations and apologized two dozen times?  I have no idea or care about what he said in Delhi.  

I was joking settle down - Delhi was where he made the comment

apparently he did it on his campaign too

CBC national has a good report on it.  They showed the clip

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Huh?

X2

Pretty boy still loves him though so he won't be going anywhere. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Exactly! You would think he would know that embellishing things (especially in the military) isn't a smart thing to do. It usually catches up to you.

Those in the military are pissed and call it stolen valour

34 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

X2

Pretty boy still loves him though so he won't be going anywhere. 

The Shiny Pony has never worked in the private sector & we know his father's military record. Not sure if Maggie T's father served. So I doubt he has had much exposure to anyone that served.

BS your boss & the shit hits the fan & you're likely going to find your ass on the street.

Fail read this article.  Did Vance even say Sajan was good or did Sajan say Vance said it?

the clown needs to go.  Typical Liberal bullshit having a "honourable" member of parliment caught in a lie and the Liberal leader refuses to do anything.  Trudeau or Wynne no different.  Disgracing and lowering the publics view of all politicians with their actions.

Official’s credibility at risk

Sajjan’s honour in question

• Toronto Sun
  • May 1, 2017
  • JOE WARMINGTON jwarmington@postmedia.com @joe_warmington

Monday could be rough for Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan with political and military peers calling for his resignation.

Certainly if Sun readers had their way, he would step down — 67% of 1,400 responding to a Sun poll said he should.

But the problem Sajjan has right now is not just that his self-described “architect” role in Operation Medusa in Afghanistan was not truthful — something he has apologized for and clarified.

His problem now is credibility.

Is there anything else he has said or done that’s not true?

Until his entire military career — promotions, medals, citations and deployments — is studied, he may have a difficult time gaining trust as the minister that oversees the military where honour and honesty are core values. It’s just too vital a file with such massive responsibility for a prime minister, or country, to not have full confidence in who’s running it.

It would be unfortunate that someone so distinguished, trail-blazing and inspirational would have to leave.

Sajjan has served the country well as a Vancouver police officer and also gave some brave, tremendous service in Afghanistan.

Quietly miliary types are whispering, or screaming on social media, that he should be held to the same standard they would be and that quitting is the honourable thing to do.

But to be fair, before he does that, or is removed by Trudeau, it would be reasonable for him to temporarily step aside while an independent probe looks into this situation.

Sajjan’s comments in India “on my first deployment to Kandahar in 2006, I was the architect of Operation Medusa where we removed 1,500 Taliban fighters off the battlefield” and he was “proud” to be “on the main assault,” which is something he was “recognized for,” are just part of the issue.

He also, before even being elected, said in a 2015 TV interview that even Chief of Defence General Jonathan Vance credited him for this.

“If I could quote him (Vance), he said I was the architect of Operation Medusa, one of the biggest operations since the Korean war that Canada has led,” Sajjan said at the time.

There are also other assertions Sajjan has made that could be further scrutinized.

On the burden of commanding a unit, Sajjan in a 2011 TV interview said “having to carry your wounded soldiers off the battlefield, not just the wounded but those who have been killed, and place them on a helicopter” and “nothing prepares you for that.”

He has not responded to questions about that but a probe could get some independent witnesses to help determine who the fallen soldiers were that he carried to a helicopter, as well as other details of his career.

It could show Sajjan to be the most qualified person in caucus to be defence minister.

But since the Vancouver South MP admittedly “made a mistake in describing my role” in Afghanistan and is “truly sorry,” it would be in the public’s interest to take a second look, just to be sure.

In business people are terminated with cause for lying about their credentials. Why won't Trudope do the same for his lying POS Sajjan. Trudope is probably giving him a hug and saying it's alright.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Fail read this article.  Did Vance even say Sajan was good or did Sajan say Vance said it?

the clown needs to go.  Typical Liberal bullshit having a "honourable" member of parliment caught in a lie and the Liberal leader refuses to do anything.  Trudeau or Wynne no different.  Disgracing and lowering the publics view of all politicians with their actions.

Official’s credibility at risk

Sajjan’s honour in question

• Toronto Sun
  • May 1, 2017
  • JOE WARMINGTON jwarmington@postmedia.com @joe_warmington

Monday could be rough for Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan with political and military peers calling for his resignation.

Certainly if Sun readers had their way, he would step down — 67% of 1,400 responding to a Sun poll said he should.

But the problem Sajjan has right now is not just that his self-described “architect” role in Operation Medusa in Afghanistan was not truthful — something he has apologized for and clarified.

His problem now is credibility.

Is there anything else he has said or done that’s not true?

Until his entire military career — promotions, medals, citations and deployments — is studied, he may have a difficult time gaining trust as the minister that oversees the military where honour and honesty are core values. It’s just too vital a file with such massive responsibility for a prime minister, or country, to not have full confidence in who’s running it.

It would be unfortunate that someone so distinguished, trail-blazing and inspirational would have to leave.

Sajjan has served the country well as a Vancouver police officer and also gave some brave, tremendous service in Afghanistan.

Quietly miliary types are whispering, or screaming on social media, that he should be held to the same standard they would be and that quitting is the honourable thing to do.

But to be fair, before he does that, or is removed by Trudeau, it would be reasonable for him to temporarily step aside while an independent probe looks into this situation.

Sajjan’s comments in India “on my first deployment to Kandahar in 2006, I was the architect of Operation Medusa where we removed 1,500 Taliban fighters off the battlefield” and he was “proud” to be “on the main assault,” which is something he was “recognized for,” are just part of the issue.

He also, before even being elected, said in a 2015 TV interview that even Chief of Defence General Jonathan Vance credited him for this.

“If I could quote him (Vance), he said I was the architect of Operation Medusa, one of the biggest operations since the Korean war that Canada has led,” Sajjan said at the time.

There are also other assertions Sajjan has made that could be further scrutinized.

On the burden of commanding a unit, Sajjan in a 2011 TV interview said “having to carry your wounded soldiers off the battlefield, not just the wounded but those who have been killed, and place them on a helicopter” and “nothing prepares you for that.”

He has not responded to questions about that but a probe could get some independent witnesses to help determine who the fallen soldiers were that he carried to a helicopter, as well as other details of his career.

It could show Sajjan to be the most qualified person in caucus to be defence minister.

But since the Vancouver South MP admittedly “made a mistake in describing my role” in Afghanistan and is “truly sorry,” it would be in the public’s interest to take a second look, just to be sure.

The quote was in a reference letter to the Vancouver Police - there has been no denial

"He was the best single Canadian intelligence asset in theatre, and his hard work, personal bravery, and dogged determination undoubtedly saved a multitude of coalition lives," said Brig.-Gen. David Fraser in a letter to the Vancouver police. 

"Through his courage and dedication, [then] Major Sajjan has singlehandedly changed the face of intelligence gathering and analysis in Afghanistan."

really its too bad he chose the words he used, as it took away from what he had actually said during his speech, (which I found here)

6:04

1 second can be a life changer - its also bad for us as He has been good in this position

43 minutes ago, 02sled said:

In business people are terminated with cause for lying about their credentials. Why won't Trudope do the same for his lying POS Sajjan. Trudope is probably giving him a hug and saying it's alright.

I think you are wrong about lying, if a person is doing well for a business they don't care at all.  Profits talk. and when the general public has ZERO say in the matter things work differently.

Trudeau most likely hugged him and said this will go away soon.

Average Lies on resumes 58% of all resumes

• Embellished skill set – 57 percent
  • Embellished responsibilities – 55 percent
  • Dates of employment – 42 percent
  • Job title – 34 percent
  • Academic degree – 33 percent
  • Companies worked for – 26 percent
  • Accolades/awards – 18 percent

pretty common 02sled, but He never lied on his resume to get the job.

54 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I think you are wrong about lying, if a person is doing well for a business they don't care at all.  Profits talk. and when the general public has ZERO say in the matter things work differently.

• Job title – 34 percent

People do tend to embellish experience Fail but there is a difference between that and a blatant lie. Also if you check the employment documents you sign typically they will spell out that lies on your submissions are grounds for termination with cause. Then it is up to your employer whether they choose to exercise that or not.

In this case they refer to "the right honourable" as part of the position - nothing right and honourable about his lie. Then there is breach of trust. It's all relative to the position.

If you're looking at a fast food cook I don't really care so much if he said he worked at Harveys and McDonalds but only worked at Harveys but I do care about someone the country puts their trust in to run the military. His credibility is shot. In the military they tend to put a very high level of regard on honour and trust. He has betrayed them.

He also lied during the campaign when he made the same claim but didn't get caught.

Edited by 02sled

57 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

• Job title – 34 percent

People lie all the time.

Unfortunately for this minister, he lied and lost the public trust and must be held to a higher standard than a false credential on a resume.

He should step down.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

People lie all the time.

Unfortunately for this minister, he lied and lost the public trust and must be held to a higher standard than a false credential on a resume.

He should step down.

we'll see how much of this pressure he can take. 

I agree on higher standards

Anyone remember Francis Fox?

Fox was appointed to the Cabinet of Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau in 1976 when he became Solicitor General of Canada. Bilingual, Fox was seen as an up-and-comer in the Liberal cabinet, and even a potential party leader. However, he was forced to resign on January 27, 1978, when it became known that he had forged the signature of his then girlfriend's husband on a form granting permission for her to have an abortion. Although he was married at the time of the scandal, he subsequently divorced his wife, Joan Pennefather.[1] H

I actually liked the guy, and he is an established warrior. 

But what the fuck was he thinking?  Especially in military operations, you just don't do that. 

It's like the Liberal affiliation compels people to lie......