Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You mean you can't grow the economy from the heart? Check the comments after the article too.

Edited by revrnd

19 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Some here feel that if the Canadian economy is growing that's all that counts. It doesn't matter that the rest of the economies around the globe are performing MUCH better, in particular the U.S. From the article.

The above evidence indicates a fundamental change in the Canadian economy in the last two years. Investors in Canadian equities originally gave the benefit of the doubt to the Trudeau government, but as reality about federal Liberal economic policies started to set in, the Canadian stock market started to severely underperform the U.S. equivalent.

Maybe Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a nice guy, while the guy south of the border is not. But this is not and should not be a competition of who is nicer. It is about who is a better steward and manager of the economy. While U.S. President Donald Trump has poor and declining poll numbers on whether he is a nice guy, his numbers on how well he manages the economy are high and have been improving. When Trump took office, 46 per cent of Americans polled said they had a positive impression of the state of the economy; in recent months the number has risen to 66 per cent according to a Quinnipiac University survey. Economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal agree.

Unlike Trump, Trudeau is a progressive prime minister who believes that corporations must be benevolent organizations that put workers before shareholders. He favours taxing corporations and the rich, and adding regulatory impediments and red tape to corporate activity. He is a big supporter of income redistribution as opposed to making the pie bigger for everyone. He wants to regulate the economy and nudge corporations to submit to his social views and economic philosophy.

Everyone knows that the secret to corporate success is really very simple. Let the budgets balance themselves and the more women you have in your business the more profitable it will be. Every CEO should be required to wear yellow and blue duck socks... it makes a difference.

How many investors did he manage to attract to Canada with his visit to Davos? I'd wager none.

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

who are you guys voting for in 2019?  :lol: 

what about you... who are you voting for.... the budgets will balance themselves, grow the economy from the heart.... he's nuts

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

JT handled all of this very well,  good to see a Canadian leader not taking scripted questions.   Just not seen by any PM in current times.  Gone are the days of banning media and anyone that doesn't agree with you.

On that note I will be purchasing me some TruDope :joint: 

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Some here feel that if the Canadian economy is growing that's all that counts. It doesn't matter that the rest of the economies around the globe are performing MUCH better, in particular the U.S. From the article.

The above evidence indicates a fundamental change in the Canadian economy in the last two years. Investors in Canadian equities originally gave the benefit of the doubt to the Trudeau government, but as reality about federal Liberal economic policies started to set in, the Canadian stock market started to severely underperform the U.S. equivalent.

Maybe Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a nice guy, while the guy south of the border is not. But this is not and should not be a competition of who is nicer. It is about who is a better steward and manager of the economy. While U.S. President Donald Trump has poor and declining poll numbers on whether he is a nice guy, his numbers on how well he manages the economy are high and have been improving. When Trump took office, 46 per cent of Americans polled said they had a positive impression of the state of the economy; in recent months the number has risen to 66 per cent according to a Quinnipiac University survey. Economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal agree.

Unlike Trump, Trudeau is a progressive prime minister who believes that corporations must be benevolent organizations that put workers before shareholders. He favours taxing corporations and the rich, and adding regulatory impediments and red tape to corporate activity. He is a big supporter of income redistribution as opposed to making the pie bigger for everyone. He wants to regulate the economy and nudge corporations to submit to his social views and economic philosophy.

Everyone knows that the secret to corporate success is really very simple. Let the budgets balance themselves and the more women you have in your business the more profitable it will be. Every CEO should be required to wear yellow and blue duck socks... it makes a difference.

How many investors did he manage to attract to Canada with his visit to Davos? I'd wager none.

I am going to bet the USA will be entering a recession very soon, maybe even more crippling than 2008 one.  But you won't see this in Canada.   Once all the Rich have their money just like clock work the economy will shut down, even more money being made by the top.  

And just like Under King Harper Canada will pull out of it just fine.  

Never knew you were for doubling the deficit by 1/2 trillion dollars and giving it to the extreme wealthy was a good thing -  Pretty sure you were against any tax cut that helped the finance Minister out :dunno:  the doom and gloom is coming to the USA soon 

Edited by 1trailmaker

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am going to bet the USA will be entering a recession very soon, maybe even more crippling than 2008 one.  But you won't see this in Canada.   Once all the Rich have their money just like clock work the economy will shut down, even more money being made by the top.  

Never knew you were for doubling the deficit by 1/2 trillion dollars and giving it to the extreme wealthy was a good thing -  Pretty sure you were against any tax cut that helped the finance Minister out :dunno:  the doom and gloom is coming to the USA soon 

Recession caused by tax cuts.:lol:

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

JT handled all of this very well,  good to see a Canadian leader not taking scripted questions.   Just not seen by any PM in current times.  Gone are the days of banning media and anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Trump's approval is now higher than Truedopes.  He is wearing thin with his fluff.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I wonder how that will affect us since most of our trade currently is w/ the US?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Recession caused by tax cuts.:lol:

These recessions come and go like clock work, no one knows why it happens.  If we knew it could be stopped.  

When it hits hard this time, you tell me why it happened AGAIN and who made money off it.

Thinking giving a massive tax break to the extreme wealthy will stop a recession is simpleton thinking 

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Is he providing any concrete answers or just his typical airy fairy talking points?

27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol::lol: This is rich coming from the likes of you... the financial experts who live and breath this stuff all day long for a living have it all wrong and Fail knows better. Got it.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

:lol::lol: This is rich coming from the likes of you... the financial experts who live and breath this stuff all day long for a living have it all wrong and Fail knows better. Got it.

Donny has done everything you are against, what is it that you don't understand.   

He just gave 1/2 trillion dollars to his extremely wealthy buddies, and a few cents to the rest.   sad what you cheer for, and even more sad you don't know why you cheer the opposites ONEWAY 

The recession will be here soon, what will  you say then? Trudopes fault :dunno:  

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Remember the good old days when we cheered out Leader for saving us from the great recession of 2008?  It will happen again 

Yeah, I can see Morneau & Trudeau saving us from a recession. :lol:

Talking to a friend who has been a dyed in the wool Liberal since I can remember isn't impressed w/ the leadership. Not sure how his father feels about JT being PM, but I know before the elction his father said Jr didn't have the smarts to do anything. 

My friend said he couldn't believe Morneau forgot about his villa in France