Check your account email address ×

Fuel system cleaner

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They called it a 1M because it wasn’t a ground up M car. Basically a car cobbled together from the BMW parts bin. Joke was on the M team. The new Supra is under recall. The defect is so serious some are getting new cars. Major welding defects. 

Yea I ready hit him with that one. Hey boss pull around back and I will have sparky the weld put a few more tacks on your car. Typical of Toyota remember the Tacoma frames?

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yea I ready hit him with that one. Hey boss pull around back and I will have sparky the weld put a few more tacks on your car. Typical of Toyota remember the Tacoma frames?

The Supra was built by bmw. Bmw is doing the recall/replacement. It’s out of Toyota’s hands. I’m sure Toyota protected themselves very well through contractual agreements with bmw. Every now and Then Toyota flexes it’s performance muscles. When they do everyone hides. 

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

MIB,.. seafoam is garbage and horrible for rubber..like injector o-rings, gaskets, and rubber fuel lines.. I do like Redline oils,..but MIB is hands down the best fuel treatment..and safe for all forms of rubber..

I'll be picking up some Redline treatment and tossing a piece of a rubber gloves in it..If it's a good treatment it won't swell...

I've been using Sea Foam for years with narry a problem. I run it in everything; cars, trucks, sleds, lawnmower, etc. A rubber glove test is not conclusive, imo, as there are many brands/types of rubber out there. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had that issue with my F150, ie purge valve, after filling tank.  No issue with empty tank, just when filled.

His is the same. I did a bunch more googling and found out the purge valve/solenoid doesn't always act up. It can intermittently so I am hoping this is the problem as it's a fairly easy and somewhat cheap fix that I can do myself. There is also the evap canister and another component attached to it that can act up as well (name escapes me) I believe both can be tested to see if they are working properly so hopefully I can take it in to have it tested next week?

The first thing this guy points to (EVAP solenoid) is most likely the problem, I'm hoping!! 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

They called it a 1M because it wasn’t a ground up M car. Basically a car cobbled together from the BMW parts bin. Joke was on the M team. The new Supra is under recall. The defect is so serious some are getting new cars. Major welding defects. 

Wasn't it just 7 cars? Not really a major issue

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The Supra was built by bmw. Bmw is doing the recall/replacement. It’s out of Toyota’s hands. I’m sure Toyota protected themselves very well through contractual agreements with bmw. Every now and Then Toyota flexes it’s performance muscles. When they do everyone hides. 

The side of the car says Toyota.

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Most fuels have enough detergents in them that any sort of fuel system cleaner isn't necessary. After sitting awhile maybe they can help.  I haven't run any in probably 10 years.

Right on.  But you can still pretend like you’re fixing stuff, before you take it to those thieves at the shop,  :lol:

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Most fuels have enough detergents in them that any sort of fuel system cleaner isn't necessary. After sitting awhile maybe they can help.  I haven't run any in probably 10 years.

Depends where you get your fuel? My son, who tries to watch his pennies, has been purchasing it from a less than desirable company (Pioneer) as it is always the cheapest. I've told him to quit purchasing it from there and to go elsewhere.

My bud use to purchase his fuel at an Indian reserve right around the corner from him as it was always 10 cents cheaper per liter but he noticed his gas mileage suffering. His commute is 35-45 minutes each morning/evening so when he added things up, he wasn't saving anything and was concerned what this fuel was doing to his car. This car station is always lined up with vehicles so it is not a stale gas situation, just a shitty gas situation.

I like Costco gas. It is supposed to be a good Tier 2-3 type and of course the price at 5 to 10 cents cheaper most times is a bonus.

Just now, bussman said:

Anybody used Amsoil PI? My dad swears by it. 

Amsoil products are usually pretty good but spendy. Also, being as they don't sell in big jobber stores, it is difficult to find/obtain. I tried Amsoil oil a few times but anything I've tried it in, I've had consumption issues.

Some don't and swear by it but it is also spendy and personally I don't do enough miles per year to justify its price. Pennzoil Platinum or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for me and I always stock up and get it while it's on sale at 45% off.

5 hours ago, bussman said:

Anybody used Amsoil PI? My dad swears by it. 

Amsoil makes good products. Fuel treatment typically isn’t something needed, but when you have a vehicle that sits through the winter or isn’t used as a DD, they can help. As what happened with my friends stang. They can also help clean intake ports and valves on non-DI motors.