Check your account email address ×

Fuel system cleaner

43 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Redline fuel system cleaner. Unbelievably good stuff. I’m not joking  

Not disputing your findings but what makes you say this? Unfortunately it isn't available up here but I am curious why you think it is so good? 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Not disputing your findings but what makes you say this? Unfortunately it isn't available up here but I am curious why you think it is so good? 

My friend’s mustang was running rough and throwing codes because of intermittent misfires. He tried a couple of different brands of injection cleaner including chevron. I suggested redline because I’ve always had good luck with it. He tried a bottle and it solved the misfire issue within 100 miles of driving. It’s available at advance auto. Anything redline makes has been of exceptional quality. 

17 minutes ago, irv said:

Seafoam is better Irv stick with the proven :bc:

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My friend’s mustang was running rough and throwing codes because of intermittent misfires. He tried a couple of different brands of injection cleaner including chevron. I suggested redline because I’ve always had good luck with it. He tried a bottle and it solved the misfire issue within 100 miles of driving. It’s available at advance auto. Anything redline makes has been of exceptional quality. 

I just did a search on Bob is the oil guy forum and you're right, it is highly regarded. I did a search and it's not available up here. The ones that work are suppose to have PEA in them but not all do plus some have more than others. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2700053/1

Like Momo said above (while typing) Sea foam is a good product as well but I am unsure how it compares with Redline? My son's car is acting up again after being fine for a few months now? Every time, lately, when he fills up, the car sputters and spits so I am now thinking an EVAP purge solenoid but I've guessed so much and done so many things to this car, I am about to give up! :wall:

• Platinum Contributing Member

MIB,.. seafoam is garbage and horrible for rubber..like injector o-rings, gaskets, and rubber fuel lines.. I do like Redline oils,..but MIB is hands down the best fuel treatment..and safe for all forms of rubber..

I'll be picking up some Redline treatment and tossing a piece of a rubber gloves in it..If it's a good treatment it won't swell...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

MIB,.. seafoam is garbage and horrible for rubber..like injector o-rings, gaskets, and rubber fuel lines.. I do like Redline oils,..but MIB is hands down the best fuel treatment..and safe for all forms of rubber..

I'll be picking up some Redline treatment and tossing a piece of a rubber gloves in it..If it's a good treatment it won't swell...

Hmm. Makes sense about the rubber gloves. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Really put the points back in the minivan.

I haven’t had to put anything but oil and gas in that bold steed. It just runs. I’ll easily get 300k out of it. I’ll run ‘er till she collapses. I just stored the M2 for the winter. I wonder why I even bought it. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I haven’t had to put anything but oil and gas in that bold steed. It just runs. I’ll easily get 300k out of it. I’ll run ‘er till she collapses. I just stored the M2 for the winter. I wonder why I even bought it. 

M2 = mid life crisis in a can.  

I can't stand most Toyota's....sure they will last forever but for the most part they are bland soul crushing transportation devices designed to take away your will to live. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, irv said:

I just did a search on Bob is the oil guy forum and you're right, it is highly regarded. I did a search and it's not available up here. The ones that work are suppose to have PEA in them but not all do plus some have more than others. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2700053/1

Like Momo said above (while typing) Sea foam is a good product as well but I am unsure how it compares with Redline? My son's car is acting up again after being fine for a few months now? Every time, lately, when he fills up, the car sputters and spits so I am now thinking an EVAP purge solenoid but I've guessed so much and done so many things to this car, I am about to give up! :wall:

Had that issue with my F150, ie purge valve, after filling tank.  No issue with empty tank, just when filled.

26 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I can't stand most Toyota's....sure they will last forever but for the most part they are bland soul crushing transportation devices designed to take away your will to live. 

An M2 is a middle age crisis in a can and Toyota’s are bland, soul crushers. Fuck dude, just kill yourself already. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

An M2 is a middle age crisis in a can and Toyota’s are bland, soul crushers. Fuck dude, just kill yourself already. :lol: 

The COO of the company I work for just sold his M1 and got a new Supra. It is quite nice. So the only Toyota that is exciting is really a BMW?

17 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The COO of the company I work for just sold his M1 and got a new Supra. It is quite nice. So the only Toyota that is exciting is really a BMW?

Why would anyone sell an 1M? With only 775 built they are appreciating $10’s of thousands every year. He’s an idiot. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Why would anyone sell an 1M? With only 775 built they are appreciating $10’s of thousands every year. He’s an idiot. 

Yes it does make me doubt his ability to guide our company on a day to day level. His was red and looked like the day it was made. Could be in the top five of best BMW's ever made.

To be fair he does say the Supra is faster.

Edited by Carlos Danger

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Mission Accomplished

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yes it does make me doubt his ability to guide our company on a day to day level. His was red and looked like the day it was made. Could be in the top five of best BMW's ever made.

To be fair he does say the Supra is faster.

They called it a 1M because it wasn’t a ground up M car. Basically a car cobbled together from the BMW parts bin. Joke was on the M team. The new Supra is under recall. The defect is so serious some are getting new cars. Major welding defects.