Check your account email address ×

LMFAO ....Arctic Cat Junk

f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

The reverse issues with the DD I think ended in 2007 if I recall .....I think 2008 had engine reverse

There was something with the DD that effected all of the 1000's I thought. I upgraded my 06 XF700 DD years ago. There are a few after market options out there.

Just now, Woodtick said:

There was something with the DD that effected all of the 1000's I thought. I upgraded my 06 XF700 DD years ago. There are a few after market options out there.

the only issues the DD ever had were the early versions leaking out the vent or something and the planetary reverse gear being made of cheese and failing

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm going of memory here fuck head ....the motor mounts were weak and the engines moved a bit ....hence the shit performance. You dont think that made some belt issues

I seem to remember the snubber thing , I even thought about one for a performance upgrade .  Never heard of any belt issues , I put 6k miles on an 800 .    Big fat porker of a sled tho :lol:

They also had a bearing problem. I was told it was a bad batch,not every sled. It would take out the the whole thing when it failed.  I didn't want to take a chance and put a after market repair kit in it. 

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I seem to remember the snubber thing , I even thought about one for a performance upgrade .  Never heard of any belt issues , I put 6k miles on an 800 .    Big fat porker of a sled tho :lol:

The 800 didnt suffer from the same issues the 1000 did. Its was the mounts and the tq the motor made that caused it

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

They also had a bearing problem. I was told it was a bad batch,not every sled. It would take out the the whole thing when it failed.  I didn't want to take a chance and put a after market repair kit in it. 

the only bearing issue I ever heard of was bearings going bad when the oil disappeared :lol: if you wanna call that a bearing problem

Just now, Woodtick said:

Ok, how many miles does this big fat heap have on it ?     The best thing to do if you are really nervous about it is to buy a FACTORY bearing and seal kit for it .     The problem with them usually is people running them out of fluid . A DD will run for roughly 20 - 30 miles without fluid before the entire planetary turns into dust .  That costs 600 bucks to replace .          They run out fluid if you overheat it and it pushed the fluid out of the vent .   

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 800 didnt suffer from the same issues the 1000 did. Its was the mounts and the tq the motor made that caused it

Nobody had problems blowing belts on the 1k's .  Well , maybe the the guy's who were pounding the ever living piss out of them while drag racing up and down the lake all day every day , but any sled will blow belts doing that .   I'm not counting all of the self proclaimed chief re engineers from Hardcore either , those guy's are fucking dumber that Mongo

4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Nobody had problems blowing belts on the 1k's .  Well , maybe the the guy's who were pounding the ever living piss out of them while drag racing up and down the lake all day every day , but any sled will blow belts doing that .   I'm not counting all of the self proclaimed chief re engineers from Hardcore either , those guy's are fucking dumber that Mongo

wrong

10 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Ok, how many miles does this big fat heap have on it ?     The best thing to do if you are really nervous about it is to buy a FACTORY bearing and seal kit for it .     The problem with them usually is people running them out of fluid . A DD will run for roughly 20 - 30 miles without fluid before the entire planetary turns into dust .  That costs 600 bucks to replace .          They run out fluid if you overheat it and it pushed the fluid out of the vent .   

It had 3k on it when I did the upgrade and now has 10k. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

So a low miles 08 F1000 Nightfire sno Pro for 3500 a decent deal or just keep looking? I'm still riding ZX and CK3 sleds so it can't be any more of a fat pig then my old Mach's 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So a low miles 08 F1000 Nightfire sno Pro for 3500 a decent deal or just keep looking? I'm still riding ZX and CK3 sleds so it can't be any more of a fat pig then my old Mach's 

that is a good deal if its clean , snap it up

• Like 1