Check your account email address ×

LMFAO ....Arctic Cat Junk

f7ben

15 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I bought one and liked it.  I'll buy another one when the price and time is right.  Always have a 2 stroke off trail sled though.

You can buy loaded up 16 Vipers OTD for $9500 all over the Midwest.  That has to make a used one 4ish. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

sounds like 600lbs dry

That would be my guess. May be a bit less. It's a boondocker and some of the BS has been removed. Trunk delete, new seat,sway bar delete,ect. Still a heavyweight.

image.jpg

It's was set up as a hill climber. I don't play in the trees with it. It's a blast on logging roads and open areas. I bet I only put a few hundred miles on it a year. It's still set up from the previous owner. He wants to buy it back,but hasn't come up with the coin. If I keep it,it will be re clutched so it doesn't hit so hard and has more top end. It stops pulling at 70 MPH.  Just a fun sled to have in the stable.

Edited by Woodtick

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I tried buying a 4 stroke. They weighed me and checked my age? They said I wasn't old enough or fat enough. I guess I'm stuck riding 2 strokes.......:pc:

I've owned three 4S's, never consecutively as I have always traded them on a 2S. 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

2008 F1000 Sno Pro any good? 

better than a 2007 .....comfy ride...800 class power because the chassis , clutching and DD are so inefficient 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

better than a 2007 .....comfy ride...800 class power because the chassis , clutching and DD are so inefficient 

Sounds like an upgrade from trail riding my old ski Doos then. Comfy ride also mean heavy ass sled? Were these having the belt issues? 

Just now, Skidooski said:

Sounds like an upgrade from trail riding my old ski Doos then. Comfy ride also mean heavy ass sled? Were these having the belt issues? 

They can be prone to belt issues because the motor needs to be locked down ....plowman mount or engine snubber fixes that. The motor and chassis is bullet proof. They can be set up to handle very well and are one of the most comfortable chassis ever made. They steer light and don't feel near as heavy as they are on the trail.

The 1000 motor also will make 185 with single pipe , y-pipe and controller

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I only know a few peaple that had them and don't remember the years. I recall them having DD problems. They both dropped down to 800 Cats and didn't look back.

The reverse issues with the DD I think ended in 2007 if I recall .....I think 2008 had engine reverse

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They can be prone to belt issues because the motor needs to be locked down ....plowman mount or engine snubber fixes that. The motor and chassis is bullet proof. They can be set up to handle very well and are one of the most comfortable chassis ever made. They steer light and don't feel near as heavy as they are on the trail.

The 1000 motor also will make 185 with single pipe , y-pipe and controller

What ?

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

What ?

I'm going of memory here fuck head ....the motor mounts were weak and the engines moved a bit ....hence the shit performance. You dont think that made some belt issues