Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've eaten at Capital and I think they are on par

Also see my edit above

i've always had a good meal but never been wowed.  I've been wowed at Shulas, Flemings and Del Friscos and Capital Grille here is always solid.  I used to travel to Tampa for work and we'd go Shulas if we didn't want to head out since it was right there otherwise we would go to Berns which is great.  

https://bernssteakhouse.com/

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've always had a good meal but never been wowed.  I've been wowed at Shulas, Flemings and Del Friscos and Capital Grille here is always solid.  I used to travel to Tampa for work and we'd go Shulas if we didn't want to head out since it was right there otherwise we would go to Berns which is great.  

https://bernssteakhouse.com/

I always liked Charley's it Tampa, been a couple times, not massive over the top, but pretty decent.

Neal

27 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Well, you're a homo, so here's a bone for you to gnaw on!!!!!!  :junk: :owned:  To the MAXIMUM MAX!!!!!  LMAO!!! 

Says the cock muncher !!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would imagine there are good and bad but to say it's terrible is silly

Any name independent steakhouse I’ve been in blows it away. I just tend to stay away from chains whenever possible though and am usually jaded before stepping foot in one. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Any name independent steakhouse I’ve been in blows it away. I just tend to stay away from chains whenever possible though and am usually jaded before stepping foot in one. 

I totally agree but its not like Ruth's is a fucking Outback or Texas Roadhouse

I mean it's expensive and may not stack up to some great independants but it's still a quality dining experience for the most part

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I totally agree but its not like Ruth's is a fucking Outback or Texas Roadhouse

I mean it's expensive and may not stack up to some great independants but it's still a quality dining experience for the most part

Don't believe I've been to a Ruth's but have been to a few Saltgrass's in Texas and they were pretty good.  Not a Gibson's, but still a good meal.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't believe I've been to a Ruth's but have been to a few Saltgrass's in Texas and they were pretty good.  Not a Gibson's, but still a good meal.

I went to a place called Texas Land and Cattle in Scottsdale and that was decent for a chain

Edited by f7ben

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 1:33 PM, frenchy said:

Just because it's a chain doesn't mean it's bad but some locations are definitely better than others. Morton's on state makes a damn good steak and that's a chain. They are probably one of the top 5 steak houses in Chicago. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So is this the famous chuck eye steak @f7ben has been talking about. 

Im gonna grill these up for dinner. 

105B0193-9623-4532-9461-8DA35D047023.jpeg

MUch easier to find this time of yr as they cut them when they cut roasts. ANd obviously they cut more roasts this time of yr.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not to be mean but those look like pretty low quality steaks.

Neal

Not mean at all. Im just wondering if this is the cut Ben has been talking about for the last few months. 

I will grill them up tonight and see how they are. 

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not mean at all. Im just wondering if this is the cut Ben has been talking about for the last few months. 

I will grill them up tonight and see how they are. 

Yup , those are chuckeye.