Check your account email address ×

Time for a new jacket.

1 hour ago, ManOnManOral said:

thanks. Maybe I should stick to what I know works. My Valdez has been stellar, as a matter of fact it is still in very good shape but I burnt a hole in the arm on hot exhaust. I have used it in -40 and been warm, and it is great in plus 5C as well being you layer. I was just thinking i may go back yo an insulated. The performance gore tex is a cut below the pro shell goretex and the pricing is within 100 bucks. 

I went back and forth with base and mid layers too, if it’s cold I wear the heavy mid and base layers.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m glad I don’t have to care what brand of gear I wear.  But I am unhappy my poser Cat gear was made modeling a Vietnamese man and labeled a “large”.....FFS.  Clear case of chickens coming home to roost for sure!!!!

Who said anybody “has to care”....just order the Little Enos size and you’ll be fine....get the Big Enos for your friend that is no longer here. 😝

• 2 weeks later...

I’m happy with my Klimate. Great quality and obviously waterproof. But I wouldn’t call it super warm. I’m not one of those guys that just wears a t-shirt under their jacket either. I’m usually wearing 3 good layers underneath and below 0 I’m still getting cold.

Edited by rump-rider

3 hours ago, rump-rider said:

I’m happy with my Klimate. Great quality and obviously waterproof. But I wouldn’t call it super warm. I’m not one of those guys that just wears a t-shirt under their jacket either. I’m usually wearing 3 good layers underneath and below 0 I’m still getting cold.

I get cold with my FXR as well, and I also layer and wear a Tech Vest. Certainly disappointed with this suit ever since I purchased it. In my opinion, it suck for wind infiltration as I can feel it in my chest and arms on some cold days. 

I have since upgraded my underwear to Cold Wear that I get at Mark's Work Warehouse and it has helped some but with the price I paid for this suit and all the hype that goes into FXR, I shouldn't have to do this, imo. 

FXRTeamFXJacketBlack.gif

IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg

On 9/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, ManOnManOral said:

It will be a KLIM. My current is a valdez shell. It has lasted years, done its job very well, but now it is time to update. I am considering one of their insulated offerings and am looking for some input from those using the insulated jackets in the line up. Thanks.

Keweenaw

On 9/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, Edmo said:

Get the kewenaw. Works great for trail riding, probably too warm if you’re into off trail all day.

My kewenaw has been great. Bout it at highlands for half price about 5 years ago. Never been cold in that jacket. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

My kewenaw has been great. Bout it at highlands for half price about 5 years ago. Never been cold in that jacket. 

Yep...if you want to be warm buy the best and make sure it’s insulated. A lot of guys buy shells and think they are going to layer up and stay warm on the coldest days and then bitch about the coat when they get cold. 

3 hours ago, rump-rider said:

jesus even when i got somewhat skinny i wore less than that under my uninsulated tomahawk.  I'd have been dripping sweat in anything insulated.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...if you want to be warm buy the best and make sure it’s insulated. A lot of guys buy shells and think they are going to layer up and stay warm on the coldest days and then bitch about the coat when they get cold. 

I've worn a shell since 07 but also wear a tekvest and outside a couple -20/-30 and windy days never been real cold in the body.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I've worn a shell since 07 but also wear a tekvest and outside a couple -20/-30 and windy days never been real cold in the body.  

IMO you aren’t the norm but good for you as I hate wearing too much bulk.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Its only lightly insulated. My pants are shell and I never wear anything heavier than a base layer. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

IMO you aren’t the norm but good for you as I hate wearing too much bulk.

Learned long ago, layers is the ticket. And goretex is a must! 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Its only lightly insulated. My pants are shell and I never wear anything heavier than a base layer. 

I was just reading about it...Zonal Insulation they call it. We’re lucky over here because it rarely gets below zero.

I agree on pants/bibs...I have Klim Freerides and Mountain Bibs and both are great.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was just reading about it...Zonal Insulation they call it. We’re lucky over here because it rarely gets below zero.

I agree on pants/bibs...I have Klim Freerides and Mountain Bibs and both are great.

I love the klim stuff. I dont care if it makes me a poser. That shit works! :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

I love the klim stuff. I dont care if it makes me a poser. That shit works! :lol: 

Haha...no kidding and it lasts! 

I had a Reima Coat that I bought when I got my new 97 MXZ583 and while it was a little heavy the fucker kept me warm, dry and lasted like iron.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a Reima Coat that I bought when I got my new 97 MXZ583 and while it was a little heavy the fucker kept me warm, dry and lasted like iron.

Reima was the shit back in the day.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Still use my Remia from 96 to snow blow, little dirty but totally intact. Sad day when Scott bought them out, quality went to complete shit immediately. Still have the matching Tony Haikonen gloves too, still use them but they’re about toast.

Edited by Doos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doos said:

Still use my Remia from 96 to snow blow, little dirty but totally intact. Sad day when Scott bought them out, quality went to complete shit immediately. Still have the matching Tony Haikonen gloves too, still use them but they’re about toast.

It really is amazing how well those coats were made.