Check your account email address ×

Time for a new jacket.

50 minutes ago, Doos said:

Still use my Remia from 96 to snow blow, little dirty but totally intact. Sad day when Scott bought them out, quality went to complete shit immediately. Still have the matching Tony Haikonen gloves too, still use them but they’re about toast.

I find that with a lot of things. Hard now, for me anyways, to find quality/warm gloves and a host of other things. I've been looking on and off for about 3-4 yrs now for a decent set of gloves but have come up empty either due to the fact the liner wants to come out when I remove my hand or the crazy money they are charging for them.

My bud bought a pair of $150+ Klim something or other gloves and near froze his hands off. I've tried numerous pairs on but nothing compares to my current, almost worn out, CKX gloves that I purchased years ago.

The same goes with my old leather Wolf suit. I don't ever recall being cold in that and I use to ride a lot back then in all kinds of cold.

1 hour ago, irv said:

I find that with a lot of things. Hard now, for me anyways, to find quality/warm gloves and a host of other things. I've been looking on and off for about 3-4 yrs now for a decent set of gloves but have come up empty either due to the fact the liner wants to come out when I remove my hand or the crazy money they are charging for them.

My bud bought a pair of $150+ Klim something or other gloves and near froze his hands off. I've tried numerous pairs on but nothing compares to my current, almost worn out, CKX gloves that I purchased years ago.

The same goes with my old leather Wolf suit. I don't ever recall being cold in that and I use to ride a lot back then in all kinds of cold.

Buy these. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

gloves are such a personal thing.  I know guys who hate klim gloves,  i'd put 20k or so miles on them in the same conditions and my favorites don't have any insulation and are not waterproof just have windstopper fabric.  Think i have 5 pairs in the gear bag,  3 inversions, 1 sawtelle which is slightly insulated and an old pair of tomahawks or togwotees or something like that which have no insulation but are gauntlet style so seal up good.    

1 hour ago, irv said:

My hands generally don’t get cold so what works for me is maybe not the best for everyone. I like a mid weight glove that isn’t bulky, if it gets really cold I’ll use those white/silvery glove liners. Not so thick that hand warmers aren’t as effective, and they don’t get mushy.

its too bad True North Adventure doesn’t still make the Storm gloves, I still have a set and they’re pretty nice.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

gloves are such a personal thing.  I know guys who hate klim gloves,  i'd put 20k or so miles on them in the same conditions and my favorites don't have any insulation and are not waterproof just have windstopper fabric.  Think i have 5 pairs in the gear bag,  3 inversions, 1 sawtelle which is slightly insulated and an old pair of tomahawks or togwotees or something like that which have no insulation but are gauntlet style so seal up good.    

Yeah, for sure, plus I think others can take the cold/heat better than others as well. I know since I've aged, I can no longer tolerate what I once could cold wise but, imo, it shouldn't be that tough to find a decent pair of gloves that will keep my hands warm and the liners won't pull out every time you remove your hands. Nothing I hate worse when taking my gloves off after a bit of riding!

2 hours ago, irv said:

Where can I get those, Craig, and any idea on cost? 

Amazon.ca  search black diampnd guide gloves. Well insulated well put together and goretex wsterproof. They also come in nlack. 180 bucks. You get what you ay for here.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Amazon.ca  search black diampnd guide gloves. Well insulated well put together and goretex wsterproof. They also come in nlack. 180 bucks. You get what you ay for here.

Way cheaper here

https://www.backpacking-united.com/ca/black-diamond-guide-natural?gclid=Cj0KCQjwivbsBRDsARIsADyISJ8VNVv-qsRTxHX3N5e0b9aXSYDTgt5FpeOv0hQU2rkd-H0GzlZyTS0aAlE8EALw_wcB

49 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Amazon prime ships free how much is shipping from germany. How about import brokerage fees. I incuded taxes in the amazon price.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, ManOnManOral said:

It will be a KLIM. My current is a valdez shell. It has lasted years, done its job very well, but now it is time to update. I am considering one of their insulated offerings and am looking for some input from those using the insulated jackets in the line up. Thanks.

Which arm do you tie up since the stroke? 

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Reima was the shit back in the day.

I still have my Warrior jacket for snowblowing, along with some really bulky gloves..the jacket kept me warm one night when we rolled into Jonquiere Quebec, and it was -43f.  Had a couple drinks with Rob that night, who was also there that weekend.

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I still have my Warrior jacket for snowblowing, along with some really bulky gloves..the jacket kept me warm one night when we rolled into Jonquiere Quebec, and it was -43f.  Had a couple drinks with Rob that night, who was also there that weekend.

Yeah I'm not feeling much after -20f these days...

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My -40 days are over. Too hard to have any fun when the trail shots are frozen.

9 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

My -40 days are over. Too hard to have any fun when the trail shots are frozen.

This was a case of 6:guys getting to where they had to get.  We were in the middle of a 1200 mile loop, and it was below zero all day.  Gets a little sketchy when the sun goes down.  Thankfully, everyone was pretty well prepared, even duct taped the cheeks on that ride.  COLD.  I wont ride in that shit either nowadays unless I have to.

42 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

We wouldn't need all this fancy gear if they put 3 cylinders under a real hood with heat exchangers under the running boards and a real windshield.

They did this for years. What’s your point?

9 hours ago, Doos said:

They did this for years. What’s your point?

Point is, if the sleds had a fucking hood and a decent windshield it would deflect the wind away from the rider, the heat exchangers keep feet warm, the 3 cylinder would make 190 dependable smooth HP.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve got a pair similar to these and they have treated me well....

6ACCE219-5AD8-4978-8B40-5405766FE10F.png.bdcdaedac2e2315834804785b038ff8b.png

I'm 99% sure I have tried those on as well, and like I usually find, every time you remove your hand, the inside liner comes out with it. Why is it so hard to sew the liner in so it doesn't come out when you remove your hand? I've tried all these gloves on in a store and they've done that. I couldn't imagine riding for a few hours how much worse they would be.

Off topic, but it's amazing how the internet/privacy works! I had never heard/seen the gloves before that Zoso posted but when I went into Facebook to wish my cousin and a friend Happy Birthday, guess what was showing in a link. I am pretty up on keeping my computer clean and free of spam and cookies, or so I thought, but I guess, when it comes to privacy, that is no longer something one has. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I rock an original moto fist redline jacket. It has held up very well except the zipper went south the second yr. toasty warm with a tekvest. I’m done with super cold riding. Though I did have a great ride last yr in -16f conditions. I’ve got pussy hands. Been frostbit in my younger days.when it gets super cold I break out the choko artic claw glove/mittens. Warmest fucking things evah. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Point is, if the sleds had a fucking hood and a decent windshield it would deflect the wind away from the rider, the heat exchangers keep feet warm, the 3 cylinder would make 190 dependable smooth HP.

Nonsense, everything has evolved for the better.  Everything you could have back in the 90’s you can have today, only better. Apart from the noise the engine makes of course.

6 hours ago, Shifty said:

I rock an original moto fist redline jacket. It has held up very well except the zipper went south the second yr. toasty warm with a tekvest. I’m done with super cold riding. Though I did have a great ride last yr in -16f conditions. I’ve got pussy hands. Been frostbit in my younger days.when it gets super cold I break out the choko artic claw glove/mittens. Warmest fucking things evah. 

I should get a pair of those, my fingertips have been damaged one too many times and can be pretty susceptible.  Oddly though, no issues at all last year, I think that G4 chassis is pretty good for keeping air off my hands.  Good fitting Gauntlets are your friend on those days. :bc: