Check your account email address ×

That Wisconsin murder that was a Netflix show......

BOHICA

• Gold Member
Just now, Highmark said:

Didn't think he was locked up for it anymore....thought he was locked up for a different crime?  

If I recall he was locked up for a different murder which he was found innocent and after he got out the DA was pissed and pinned the one he is currently locked up for on him. 

Not sure though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

If I recall he was locked up for a different murder which he was found innocent and after he got out the DA was pissed and pinned the one he is currently locked up for on him. 

Not sure though.

Me neither.   I only watched an episode.   

Surely needs some investigation as convicted murderer's might take one for a fellow inmate if they already have life.  

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

After the first season I thought he was innocent. After the second season I was pretty sure he was guilty. Offering someone $100k for a confession doesnt really mean that its real... 

A few of those cops belong in cells for sure.

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

After the first season I thought he was innocent. After the second season I was pretty sure he was guilty. Offering someone $100k for a confession doesnt really mean that its real... 

I think he's innocent.  He has the best lawyer in the world and she would not defend him if the forensics supported the verdict (in her mind).

He will likely get out and sue the fuck out of the state.

Time will tell.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I think he's innocent.  He has the best lawyer in the world and she would not defend him if the forensics supported the verdict (in her mind).

He will likely get out and sue the fuck out of the state.

Time will tell.

Well... If he is in fact innocent and it can be proven I think the state has and has had a motive for keeping him guilty as he would sue the fawk out of them. The only reason this is a show is because he got that $400k settlement for the last crime they rang him up on that he was found innocent for. Maybe it's just how the show tries to emulate that he is innocent and there is all of this other evidence proving his innocence but it sure seemed like they are trying to keep them guilty. The kid was supposed to go free and they squashed that. I smell another season coming up...

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well... If he is in fact innocent and it can be proven I think the state has and has had a motive for keeping him guilty as he would sue the fawk out of them. The only reason this is a show is because he got that $400k settlement for the last crime they rang him up on that he was found innocent for. Maybe it's just how the show tries to emulate that he is innocent and there is all of this other evidence proving his innocence but it sure seemed like they are trying to keep them guilty. The kid was supposed to go free and they squashed that. I smell another season coming up...

Didn’t he have a large pending lawsuit he was about to win that got thrown once they pegged him for the murder?

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well the family (victim) received bone remains from a burn pit that wasn't even on Avery's property.  Essentially squashing the entire case against Avery being the murderer..

He should walk a free man and sue the fuck out of everyone he can.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

An inmate confesses to a crime where there’s a $100,000 reward. need to see the evidence before I believe. Prison is a boring place. There’s lots of false confessions from prison. 

Yah, no shit.

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Didn’t he have a large pending lawsuit he was about to win that got thrown once they pegged him for the murder?

Yeah it was potentially tens of millions and then he gets wrung up on this and settles for around $400k which he used to hire those attorneys. 

Funny thing this weekend we were up in Crivitz Wisconsin ATVing and Im looking at the locals and thinking to myself that all of these people look like characters on Making a murderer. I said something to my friend Dan and he laughed because he was thinking the same thing. Now today you post this. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Funny thing this weekend we were up in Crivitz Wisconsin ATVing and Im looking at the locals and thinking to myself that all of these people look like characters on Making a murderer. I said something to my friend Dan and he laughed because he was thinking the same thing. Now today you post this. :lol: 

It’s mostly trump voters up there. Prolly 90%. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

An inmate confesses to a crime where there’s a $100,000 reward. need to see the evidence before I believe. Prison is a boring place. There’s lots of false confessions from prison. 

Yep, sure ill testify if it means getting away from here for a day or two.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

A high school friend of mine has a cottage near Crivitz and the Avery family has a cottage not to far from them.  They have a few stories to tell. I do believe Steven Avery is guilty of murdering Theresa Halbach.  

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

A high school friend of mine has a cottage near Crivitz and the Avery family has a cottage not to far from them.  They have a few stories to tell. I do believe Steven Avery is guilty of murdering Theresa Halbach.  

I think Brendan got fucked hard by the system 

20 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

His lawyer doesn't and neither does the current evidence.